Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

How i create a post ?

Same question, i suppose we need more posts.

When inserting an image into a thread or post, is it normal for it to only display the link to the image. I have seen threads where people have smaller previews of the images viewable inside their post/thread. Is it because I am not yet of a high enough forum rank? I am curious because I know how to insert the image and it should work, but it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 04:00 ---------- Previous post was at 03:59 ----------

Same question, i suppose we need more posts.

Yes there is a minimum number of replies you must make before you can create your own post.

Possible to revise rule §15? I feel that the limit is very harsh seeing it's 2014 and most people should have decent internet?

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

Possible to revise rule §15? I feel that the limit is very harsh seeing it's 2014 and most people should have decent internet?

It's been asked many times and turned down just as often so I wouldn't hold my breath ...

Ha, so how many moderators are there?

That's a state secret... but you never know who may be a moderator.

Whats the deal with Dayz talk rules here -I heard a ways back it was not allowed but just read the forum rules and saw no mention of it and it is a BI product..no? Especially now that I see an official banner ad on the top of the forums...seems...strange.....

Whats the deal with Dayz talk rules here -I heard a ways back it was not allowed but just read the forum rules and saw no mention of it and it is a BI product..no? Especially now that I see an official banner ad on the top of the forums...seems...strange.....

It's the only game that has it's own forum. With good reason imo, you don't want that drama in here ... :hmmm:

It's the only game that has it's own forum. With good reason imo, you don't want that drama in here ... :hmmm:

That bad eh..? Its bizarre considering we have all the other BI games listed here but not their biggest. Might be good for them to see how well behaved and cordial us Mil-Tac fans are :w:

Sorry I haven't read any of the rules or conditions. Can I instead just ask here why I can't post new threads and can only reply? I've done the e-mail confirm and agree'd to the terms and conditions, but my account says:

"You may not post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts"

I just wanted to post a question in the editing forum.

Sorry I haven't read any of the rules or conditions. Can I instead just ask here why I can't post new threads and can only reply? I've done the e-mail confirm and agree'd to the terms and conditions, but my account says:

"You may not post new threads

You may post replies

You may not post attachments

You may edit your posts"

I just wanted to post a question in the editing forum.

Well if you taken time to read the forum rules, you would have found why you are unable to create new threads, at the bottom of the rules is the following:

Note:

1. New member's posts are auto-moderated, please don't re-post the same message over&over again.

2. New members are required to fill captcha before posting new answers/threads.

3. New members are limited in editing/accessing variety of profile & forum features.

These limitations are removed for regular forum users.

Until you reach 5 or more posts you will not be able to create new threads, this is serves as an anti-spam device

Cheers

RK

Well if you taken time to read the forum rules, you would have found why you are unable to create new threads, at the bottom of the rules is the following:

Until you reach 5 or more posts you will not be able to create new threads, this is serves as an anti-spam device

Cheers

RK

Although I understand the problem of spammers, that's a bit of a weird system you have there. I mean, can you see it from my perspective? The one and only reason I signed up to this website is to ask a question on the ARMA3 editing forum. I can't do that until I write 5 original replies to already existing threads... but I'm the type of person who needs to ask/look-up thing this ARMA stuff- not know the answer to tell someone. What am I going to write... well, other than this? You are basically asking me to mildly spam you with comments I don't care about- but need to accrue.

Maybe I should just reply to a bunch of questions: "I don't know" or "that's a good one".

Although I understand the problem of spammers, that's a bit of a weird system you have there. I mean, can you see it from my perspective? The one and only reason I signed up to this website is to ask a question on the ARMA3 editing forum. I can't do that until I write 5 original replies to already existing threads... but I'm the type of person who needs to ask/look-up thing this ARMA stuff- not know the answer to tell someone. What am I going to write... well, other than this? You are basically asking me to mildly spam you with comments I don't care about- but need to accrue.

Maybe I should just reply to a bunch of questions: "I don't know" or "that's a good one".

You may start by introducing yourself : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159019-The-Newcomers-Introduction-Thread

Well if you decide to mildly spam comments on threads, you will find them deleted.

If you feel that there is an issue with our forum rules and our anti-spam features. Feel free to PM our head Moderator MattLightFoot

Is it just me or have avatars been disabled? I can't see any avatars anymore except the BIS and moderator ones and the option to choose one seems to be gone ...

Is it just me or have avatars been disabled? I can't see any avatars anymore except the BIS and moderator ones and the option to choose one seems to be gone ...

True, we're all naked :couch:

Can we maybe point new users directly to some introduction threads to get their postcount up after they signed up? Currently we can play a 'spot the filler posts' drinking game.

Hello,

I realize this is probably not the place to be asking about this and that there is a similar thread asking about this exact type of ban.

But I really want to know what the hell I'm supposed to do to resolve this issue. I've tried contacting BattlEye twice now and getting the same reply both times, which is:

"Admin Bans (including BEC "GameHack #X" bans)

=============================================

Those are third-party bans and we cannot assist you in any way with them. Please contact the server admin or community for help."

The first time I tried contacting them was about 9 months ago, and after getting the reply shown above I didn't really bother actually contacting server admin, as the ban only affected a handful of servers and I had no idea as to who to contact. After playing on servers that were not affected by the ban for a long time I felt like the amount of servers I attempted joining but got the message: "You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Ban (BEC : Caught for GameHack 38. Contact Server owners))" kept on getting larger and larger. Then one day I was playing on an Altis Life server with my friends and log off for a few hours to take a break, and then try to log back on only to find out that I've been banned for GameHack: #38 again. At this point I was quite frustrated and confused as to what the hell happened as I would never attempt to hack on a multiplayer game. Now I know for a fact that GameHack: #38 is referring to a program called Cheat Engine and that the reason I got banned in the first place was that I had been playing Euro Truck Simulator 2 with my friends a long time ago, and used cheat engine to 'boost' my progression, and then started playing some Arma 3 Wasteland, only to completely forget about Cheat Engine running in the background, and then getting banned minutes after joining the following server: WS.ARMA.SU -Wasteland Sandbox- RU #1.

I know this whole thing sounds retarded and I feel really stupid for getting into it in the first place but I really want to enjoy Arma 3 with my friends again. I had and have NO intention of hacking on any multiplayer server, private or public. I also tried contacting the admin of the Altis Life server but they kept on saying they could do nothing to help, so I really have no idea who to contact.

So please help if you can, or at least give some suggestion as to what I'm supposed to do now.

Thank you, XOXO.

P.S. The reason I'm asking this here is because I don't have permission to open a new thread and don't know what thread to reply this to. So sorry if this is a complete waste of your time. Thanks again.

BIS does not have any control over BattleEye bans. Your only hope is to get BattleEye to look into this situation.

BIS does not have any control over BattleEye bans. Your only hope is to get BattleEye to look into this situation.

Did you not read my whole reply? They told me they could do nothing to help both times I tried contacting them.

---------- Post added at 16:30 ---------- Previous post was at 16:29 ----------

I know, but I don't have a global ban and there was no intention of hacking.

then contact the admins of the serve, nothing we can do about ...

then contact the admins of the serve, nothing we can do about ...

I already have and they said they could do nothing about it, but thanks anyway. I guess I'll just ask again.