Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Yeah. Common sense hit home. Thank you Placebo.

Then wouldnt it be better to stop all political religious threads in off topic, or at least remove them from the "new post" link which is the button i hit most on the internet - as mentioned there's plenty of forums around to discuss such things and so keep this place more a friendly gaming site, I only see them as a fracture on the community, that would be common sense :)

Edited by Katipo66

I can't start a new thread, i only can answer :(

Hey :)

You need several posts before you can make your own thread. 5 should be enough. Be sure they are meaningful posts and not spam.

thats bad, i have questions but can't start a thread about it...

Sorry for the inconvenience, but this is one of the ways we employ to prevent spammers.

You can post here in off-topic to increase your post count if you feel you have nothing to add to any of the game related threads.

Could we have the Linux servers via wine unstickied? With the latest linux update to v1.22, performance issues are solved, so there is no real need to run the arma 3 server via wine anymore.

Hey Guys,

i've just registered to this forum and i have a question.

When will i be able to post a new thread? Right now i just can reply and stuff, ... and im kinda unpatitient cuz i have some urgent questions for the modding forum ^^' and i havent seen any ... eplanation in how long it may take till im allowed to do so...

thx for ur time ^^'

ahh damnit ... just seen the answer .. so nervermind ^^

Edited by Darfiss
new intel

Could we have the Linux servers via wine unstickied? With the latest linux update to v1.22, performance issues are solved, so there is no real need to run the arma 3 server via wine anymore.

Thread has been unstuck :)

Thank you!

Well it says:

Note: This is ONLY to be used to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts.

;2731327']Thank you!

Well it says: ...

I'm not saying it's problematic to post such things here, just that reporting is likely to be seen more quickly. ;)

Make 4 or 5 valid replies to existing threads and the limit will be lifted.

I suggest that the required number of replies before newcomers can post a new thread is added for the FAQ or forum rules. I have searched in vain for the information there.

Is cursing allowed on the forums? The reason I'm asking is that the forum rules does not mention cursing by name, but they do forbid "Flaming/Flame-baiting/bigotry".

Not that I want to curse... according to my interpretation of the rules I have reported two posts that include cursing but no action has been done by the moderators:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?174930-Episode-3-quot-Game-Over-quot-mission&p=2735786&viewfull=1#post2735786

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?180045-Israel-General&p=2737128&viewfull=1#post2737128

Cursing is allowed (as in not censored and allowed as long as it is not meant in an offensive way towards others) as posters are assumed to behave in a mature respectful manner.

Good

I fuckin' hate Monday mornings

Not good

Fuck you!

Cursing is allowed (as in not censored and allowed as long as it is not meant in an offensive way towards others) as posters are assumed to behave in a mature respectful manner.

Good

Not good

So according to your understanding, and mine, these two fellows should have received infractions because they both used cursing in an explicit offensive way. I am wondering why nothing has been done with it?

not really, no: the first one is not really a curse, at least not from my understanding. It is directed towards BI though. The second one is not directed towards some other specific or general member of the conversion or of those forums, so no, it doesn't go under this particular "rule"

I'd be glad to get a moderator reference on it.

I'd be glad to get a moderator reference on it.

The second post (about Israel) must have been overlooked but is definitely against the rules (bigotry), so I just issued an infraction.

The first one is kind of on the cusp, but since it was from a disgruntled user who was apparently on his way out anyway, it seems that no action was taken.

Why was the Ukraine thread locked without a comment, and when will it be reopened?