Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Hi,

Sorry if i post here because i can't post in other place. My question is : How to change a touch for "Player Menu" ?

Thank you so much for answer this question !

Topic notification emails worked for a day but now not coming through again.

And not working at the moment either.

A little thank you message to the newly retired moderators (Max Power and Foxhound) for their great job and dedication to the community :)

A little thank you message to the newly retired moderators (Max Power and Foxhound) for their great job and dedication to the community :)

Yes, thanks guys!

Thanks for everything gents! :cheers:

Indeed! Thanks for keeping us in line.

What is happening with the moderation? It used to be that I would report something (Duplicate threads, flame-baiting, etc.) and it would get taken care of rather quickly. Now, it seems like nothing is ever done. Are the new moderators afraid to use their powers for fear of backlash? Are you guys swamped with reports? (I don't really see many reported threads, though.)

I'm sorry if I offended any of the new moderators, but it's simply how I feel.

Also, it's not just things that I report. I find threads that have been reported yet never take care of or infractions given when there should have been. On average, how many threads are reported per day?

Edited by Nicholas

people got holidays + forums need some updates and fixes ... all coming next year

You guys should update the forum rules. Since now we have a newcomer thread you should encourage to make use of the thread. Instead the forum rules up to date still states that introductions are not allowed.

Are the damn hamsters dead? You need to feed that little bastards a bit more I guess. LOL :D

BTW thanks to MAX and Foxhound it saddens me to see you guys go.

Is there a member list hidden away somewhere? Was it disabled with the "Who's Online" and "Advanced Forum Statistics" when the forums were updated?

Is there a member list hidden away somewhere? Was it disabled with the "Who's Online" and "Advanced Forum Statistics" when the forums were updated?

I asked the same question a few times ago, and got an answer here : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?72048-New-Forums-Feedback-thread-Bugs-Suggestions-here-please&p=2540988&viewfull=1#post2540988

Am I able? And if so, how can I get this Squad Topic deleted/locked? http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?158747-3rd-Cavalry-Division-Realism-Unit-is-now-recruiting-Infantry-Armor-and-Aviation!

All we want to do is get rid of that post and make a new one since we cant edit his. He left the unit months ago. I can put new information under his posts but I'd rather not make a potential recruit read more than they have to about old outdated stuff. I posted in it hoping a moderator in a "pre-moderated" forum as they say would catch it and at least let me know. All they did was delete an old post from a retired moderator(MadDogX)? warning Mahon not to bump the thread and pushed it through. I have PMed Placebo and got nothing back. I have reported the post and got nothing back. A moderator visited my profile so clearly I've been on the radar, but told nothing. I don't want to nag or be impatient but I thought 7 days would be enough to at least get a PM telling me it is possible or not. If I have to wait till they can get around to it that is fine, I just want to know if it is even possible since it is not my post we are trying to get taken down. Are we stuck with his garbage unable to make a new topic in fear it will be locked cause there are two 3rd Cav topics?

Thanks,

Shiz

*edit* Thank you MadDogX for doing what you do. Much appreciated. /salute

Edited by Shiznyte
MadDogX is a beast! :)

Hi everyone!

I've been following the BI forums for quite some time (well... one year and a half - when I started modding Arma2) and always have enjoyed the constructive discussions and maturity of the community.

I recently registered with the idea to release here a mod I've been working on : having learned so much by reading interventions on these forums, I though this was the best place to release it.

However I discovered that new comers can't create new threads... Does this mean I won't be able to propose my mod on BI forums until I "prove" myself? How does one become a "regular" user?

Eventhough I do understand that these precautions help keeping things quiet, I find it to be a bit harsh and discouraging for "noobs".

Thank you for your time guys!

EDIT : Scratch that : my posting permissions have just been updated!:D

Edited by Pepe Hal

There used to be a menu option to view the full forum member list. It was very useful, but now it seems to have been removed. Is that on purpose?

There used to be a menu option to view the full forum member list. It was very useful, but now it seems to have been removed. Is that on purpose?

I'm sure this was asked before? and Dwarden? said the feature had been turned off/removed.

I'm sure this was asked before? and Dwarden? said the feature had been turned off/removed.

Previous page has the same question being asked with a link to an answer given to the same question before that.