Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

I'm guessing PP slapped both the close thread and submit buttons reply in 1 fat fingered moment? :)

Yeah, that sounds like our "mobile moderator". ;)

Thread re-opened. :)

Looks like we got a new line of text "Subscribed: #" in the thread view which makes each thread in thread list horribly large. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, gone now. :)

Looks like we got a new line of text "Subscribed: #" in the thread view which makes each thread in thread list horribly large. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, gone now. :)

vertical padding was issue, fixed and forum thread spacing is now equal to what it was before, while the additional info is available ;)

vertical padding was issue, fixed and forum thread spacing is now equal to what it was before, while the additional info is available ;)

You missed a bit:

layout.png

nope, that needs new query, need to be done elsewhere than the threadlist one (searchlist) ... goal is w/o performance hit (utilizing already cached vB sql fetch)

I started a new thread in troubleshooting yesterday and it is still to be accepted, was wondering how long it takes to put it up?

nope, that needs new query, need to be done elsewhere than the threadlist one (searchlist) ... goal is w/o performance hit (utilizing already cached vB sql fetch)

So when can we expect this to be done? The New Posts search result is hella fugly atm ;(

Edited by Placebo

This post feels really embarrassing and redundant to make, but I'm left with little choice.

Is there a limit preventing "new members" posting new threads in the Arma3 forums specifically? I'd seem like able to make threads in Arma2 forums, for example. How do I get rid of the limit? The forum rules simply state there are "some" limits for new members, but not how they are passed. A number of forum posts? Unfortunately I'm of the self-research type and I wouldn't be posting anything unless I had a question I needed answered by people much, much better in mission making. So, I don't seem likely to accumulate random posts, not having made a single one since I got the Arma3 Alpha from Steam and registered already back then to read the excellent editing forums (I've learned a bunch simply by reading, but there are limits to passiveness).

To make this situation more baffling, I contacted a friend who has never had any interest in editing, only playing, and his account (he got the game from your store) would allow him to post new threads in the Arma3 editing forum no problem. I reckon his account is more privileged due to the place of purchase (since spambots don't buy games), but that doesn't help me much.

Make 4 or 5 valid replies to existing threads and the limit will be lifted.

This post feels really embarrassing and redundant to make, but I'm left with little choice.

Is there a limit preventing "new members" posting new threads in the Arma3 forums specifically? I'd seem like able to make threads in Arma2 forums, for example. How do I get rid of the limit? The forum rules simply state there are "some" limits for new members, but not how they are passed. A number of forum posts? Unfortunately I'm of the self-research type and I wouldn't be posting anything unless I had a question I needed answered by people much, much better in mission making. So, I don't seem likely to accumulate random posts, not having made a single one since I got the Arma3 Alpha from Steam and registered already back then to read the excellent editing forums (I've learned a bunch simply by reading, but there are limits to passiveness).

To make this situation more baffling, I contacted a friend who has never had any interest in editing, only playing, and his account (he got the game from your store) would allow him to post new threads in the Arma3 editing forum no problem. I reckon his account is more privileged due to the place of purchase (since spambots don't buy games), but that doesn't help me much.

This is EXACTLY my problem too.

For an official Game developer forum to limit new users in this way is not only stupid but unnecessary.

I joined the forum just so I could ask one question about ARMA3 that really should have been answered in the official manual or even in-game, and they wont even let me.... i am very disgusted.

I couldn't care less about being a 'regular' user of these forums, I just want to play the bloody game, I have already wasted literally a week at least searching through Google and ARMA forums and still haven't found the info I need ANYWHERE.

And now the guys that make the game wont let me ask ONE question without jumping through unnecessary hoops?

the limit is simple, unless you have some posts you can't create threads ...

this has simple meaning and that's to stop manual spammers from '3rd' world which're paid to spam forums with unwanted ads ...

it actually proved effective when people were asking for 'free keys' of Arma 3 Lite in Alpha ...

.... i am very disgusted.

Well, we enjoy these SPAM-less forums.

..... and your question doesn't fit into ANY of the existing threads ?

Gnat;2555133']Well' date=' we enjoy these SPAM-less forums.

..... and your question doesn't fit into ANY of the existing threads ?[/quote']

not that i can find

not that i can find

If you post your question here, I'll be happy to move it into its own thread.

Topic notification emails not coming through at the moment.

Topic notification emails worked for a day but now not coming through again.

Is it okay for me to reply to this thread so I can send a PM to a mod maker for permission to use their mod in a compilation?

Is it okay for me to reply to this thread so I can send a PM to a mod maker for permission to use their mod in a compilation?

Ideally you should strive to post something constrictive in on-going discussion threads to increase your post count.

Hi,

I'm also a new user of this forum, and i can't find a topic for what i need (i just want to know the method to see active mod on a server without launching Arma 3). I don't think i can be really helpful by sending posts on other threads (i'm new in modding/creating new tools for Arma).

Hi,

I'm also a new user of this forum, and i can't find a topic for what i need (i just want to know the method to see active mod on a server without launching Arma 3). I don't think i can be really helpful by sending posts on other threads (i'm new in modding/creating new tools for Arma).

Here's the place for a first post : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?159019-The-Newcomers-Introduction-Thread