Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

havent been around for a while, but arent there any community awards for 2011/2012? I would enjoy one for movies since a lot of good one came out since.

LOL, I thought the same just a couple hours ago. No idea actually if there will be a community awards run this year. We'll see.

Good to see you still being around.

Depends. If you really have something important to add to a thread, digging it out is no problem. However, if the thread is years old, it's better to leave it where it is.

Bumping threads which useful posts as "bump", "Any news" or "is this dead" will be removed without further notice and the thread ends up closed.

Contributions to threads should be meaningful. Making a new post somewhere down the line with an update or news is fine. Bumping a post with something like 'bumpity bump' is spam.

edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Max Power

What if the thread has no replies, is not 3+ months old but is no longer in public view (has to be found on page 2)? Would creating a new thread be advisable, or bumping?

Neither. If there are no replies, and there is nothing new to add, then the topic is where it belongs. Perhaps you can link me to the topic and I can see if I can help you with something.

User monetisation thread. OK, BIS might see the issue itself as quite important, but really, is it such a big problem that the thread must be spammed absolutely everywhere?

For example, I don't see the forum rules thread spammed nearly as much, and I would imagine that far more infractions happen regarding that :)

Surely one spam per main sub-forum level would suffice? Or, perhaps more succinctly, place that information right in the forum rules & regs thread, 1st post. There is a requirement to read that one.

I would only like to know why I am able to write in some threads and not in others which have not been closed (people still post on them).

I mean I do not get the possibility to reply or any window where to write (like the one I am using to write this post)

Does someone know the answer?

thanks

Edited by Lukanikos

Most of your posts are premoderated, and some of your abilities are limited, until you post a few more times. It's so we can keep the spam on the forum to a minimum. Post a few more times and you will have the capabilities of a full user in no time.

The whole point of that change was to decrease the post rate. It was aimed to reduce the number of spammy posts and posts without any wip material being shown,

You want to reduce the post rate? Give us the 'like this post' button back again. It'll reduce the number of stupid "I just came" and "wow, nice pix" posts.

Such a thing was talked about.

I would like the "thank you" button back as well, but I disagree that it would have a measurable effect on posting.

I remember discussing it with Dwarden and I think it's a shame it was removed.

Most of your posts are premoderated, and some of your abilities are limited, until you post a few more times. It's so we can keep the spam on the forum to a minimum. Post a few more times and you will have the capabilities of a full user in no time.

Cool!

thanks a lot for your explanation.

Regards

Lukanikos.

Hey can a Moderator pm me about something I want to post? I want to run it through a mod before posting it as per rules. :cool:

Just PM a moderator of your choice with the question and he will look into it. No worries, we don't bite (usually). :)

Just PM a moderator of your choice with the question and he will look into it. No worries, we don't bite (usually). :)

I choose you Pikach...I mean Wolle,:cool: .

It's been made very clear that Bohemia has nothing to do with Iron Front, that all questions should be directed towards the developers, etc. etc. etc.

My question is, why is there even an Iron Front section on the forums?

My question is, why is there even an Iron Front section on the forums?

It's a fair question. If you're going to have a forum for it, you can expect questions to be asked there. Perhaps the IF developers should be encouraged to use this forum?

Wasn't my decision, and I have no idea either why that forum was created since the only thing in common is the engine.

The developers are all here, even have fancy avatars. Even the head of X1 Software was here, made a statement and was never seen again. Why they don't use this forum to communicate with their customers - I have no idea either. :)

Point expiry is related to automated bans due to receiving x amount of active points in a certain time, the fact that you actually received a warning/infraction in the past is taken into consideration when deciding each future action, ie do I keep warning this person or is it time to try an infraction to get their attention, when someone has received a number of infractions for little things even if they're expired then we consider post restrictions because they're clearly not getting the message, and yes it is ridiculously silly to get a ban for breaking little rules 5 times in a row or whatever, but the sillier part is that you didn't learn to pay more attention after the 3rd or 4th time.

Hello.

On how many infractions will automated ban trigger?

Can I be banned manually for lower number of infractions ( => can moderator put weight on individual infractions)?

Thank you.

(I don't plan controlled abuse, I'm just interested)

On how many infractions will automated ban trigger?

On 5 active infractions

Can I be banned manually for lower number of infractions ( => can moderator put weight on individual infractions)?

Of course, whenever it is necessary. :)

Does this forum can be viewed using blackberry browser? specifically on blackberry 7 phone. Thank you

Well you surely can, but there is no forum/website optimized for mobile devices if you mean that.

Edit: I was told that there is in fact a mobile skin you can use. Maybe I should check the forums some more instead spamming a lot. :)

Edited by W0lle