Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

The Social Groups currently have a character limit of 1.000. I'm most active in the "Addon Makers for Authors Rights" group, and the posts in this group tend to be a little more in depth (meaning longer). Regular posts have (IIRC) a limit of 50.000 characters, making 1.000 seem awfully little, meaning that text has to be split over several posts, which takes longer (30 seconds between posts). So I was hoping that someone would please be willing to increase the limit to a more functional amount.

Gnat;1835380']Is there some serious problem / some technical reason why the Sub-Forum titles in the Editing section can't be changed.

Or was it purely the mods got together and just said No ?

The previous raised and continueous issue about "terrain" editing and "map" making being mixed up is getting old and little annoying.

Can you remind me what the suggested changes are' date=' or point me to the post with those changes please? I'll try to get it sorted :)

@Gnat

The only one able to do that is Placebo who either has no time or no interest in doing so.

It's not my fault, you banned me for posting an oversized image remember ;)

The Social Groups currently have a character limit of 1.000. I'm most active in the "Addon Makers for Authors Rights" group, and the posts in this group tend to be a little more in depth (meaning longer). Regular posts have (IIRC) a limit of 50.000 characters, making 1.000 seem awfully little, meaning that text has to be split over several posts, which takes longer (30 seconds between posts). So I was hoping that someone would please be willing to increase the limit to a more functional amount.

I'll see what I can do, as long as it doesn't degrade forum performance yadda yadda :)

Done, think I got everything as you wanted it? :)

Done, think I got everything as you wanted it? :)

Cheers Placebo! You're the man!

And you only had to wait 8 months? ;)

And you only had to wait 8 months? ;)

dont even get me started...:rolleyes:

I posted in this thread, but you obviously don't read it all that often :)

I'll see what I can do, as long as it doesn't degrade forum performance yadda yadda :)

Thanks for "fixing" this issue! :yay:

Placebo, he's one of the few people with enough power to do that. :)

Hopefully this is the right place to request a new forum section? There is currently no suitable place to discuss arma-related tools. There are probably close to dozen of my threads and many more of other peoples which could be sensibly moved into a 'Tools' section - at the moment they're spread rather uncomfortably between mission-editing, arma-general, addons & mods discussion etc.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114695 Thoughts ?

To the guy who just changed the link colors from not obvious to more obvious: Thanks for reading my mind. :D

To help improve the forum readability and search efficiency, I suggest when searching BIS forums "Search Titles Only" was made default. Both for quick search and advanced search.

This way the search will return relevant hits and we will avoid the ritual "Search before posting" answers. They get a little bit annoying over time. :)

Edited by Lonestar

I like the new theme. I haven't been on in a while, so it could well be old news by now.

I think there should be a temporary reopening of whatever Codemasters thread there is for discussion on their latest projecy for the completely WTF news that they've released a new beta patch for Dragon Rising.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-game-pc-113/452471-operation-flashpoint-dragon-rising-pc-v1-03-beta-patch-released.html

Apparently, all it does is enable modding again. May not be threadworthy, but I found it interesting.

Go ahead :)

There's been a bunch of videos released for their new arcade shooter with a name they don't live up to, or whatever it's called again...

Hopefully this is the right place to request a new forum section? There is currently no suitable place to discuss arma-related tools. There are probably close to dozen of my threads and many more of other peoples which could be sensibly moved into a 'Tools' section - at the moment they're spread rather uncomfortably between mission-editing, arma-general, addons & mods discussion etc.

Here is a perfect example of what I mean... http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=114695 Thoughts ?

Addon/Mod tools should be posted in A&M:C when there's a release version available, talk about a tool in development but not released should go in A&M:D until something is released.

Mission/Campaign creation tools should be posted in Mission Editing when there's a release version available (discussion also ok there as long as there is the intent to release some version).

Basically the same rules (along with a little common sense) apply as if the tools were actual addons/mods or editing apps.

ArmA General is only for ArmA out of the box, the only tools which are ok in there are any that have absolutely no relation or link to addons/mods/multiplayer/editing, if the tool has anything related to any of those elements it belongs in those forums, basically ArmA General is for vanilla ArmA.

*cough*x2 :)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1858821&postcount=468

As the forum rules state:

§7) Search before posting

If you have a question, please use the forum search function before posting to make sure that it hasn't been answered before. There is a big chance it has, not only does searching help to keep the forum free of multiple threads it will also help you to get an answer much quicker.

To avoid clutter the search function needs to be improved.

Edited by Lonestar

Every forum I use is the same default, start changing it now and you'll confuse the world, if you can't use a search properly should should sell your internetz and become Amish ;)

I want to ask wich nickname belongs to BI designer Ivan Buchta. I want to sent him PM.