Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

Besides the fact that animated avatars are boring (repeating the same thing over and over and over again), I don't see anything wrong with it.

Not sure if this is the right place to pose this question, but here goes:

As we all know, people occasionally miss the search function. :p

So, my idea is thus; Would it be possible to create a button, of the same style as the 'new thread' button, right next to both 'new thread' buttons (the one at the top and the one at the bottom)?

My theory is that it'll stop people from blindly clicking on the big button without searching, as the search buttons aren't currently in the most visible place. :)

I plan to make it so the first 5 times you press the new thread button it actually goes to search and only on the 6th time of writing your new thread from scratch and pressing the send button will it really go through ;)

Alternatively there is a plugin I saw some time ago which reads your new thread title and auto-searches with suggestions before letting your new thread go through.

I somehow like the first option. :)

I can see why. :p

The plugin sounds like quite a clever idea actually, not massively intrusive yet it still forces users to consider alternatives to cluttering the forums without searching.

I plan to make it so the first 5 times you press the new thread button it actually goes to search and only on the 6th time of writing your new thread from scratch and pressing the send button will it really go through ;)

Alternatively there is a plugin I saw some time ago which reads your new thread title and auto-searches with suggestions before letting your new thread go through.

I would go for both:

First 5 times is a good option, especially for those newcomers posting all over the place...

Project Reality forums have a rule that you have to back up all your claims in the news and politics section with sources. In the light of the recent posts in this thread maybe a policy worth applying here too?

Project Reality forums have a rule that you have to back up all your claims in the news and politics section with sources. In the light of the recent posts in this thread maybe a policy worth applying here too?

"Your sources are biased, don't believe everything the government and their henchmen tell you!"

Knowing the truth in discussions on the internet, and having the sources to prove it. Useless.

We really need a better

:o

smiley.

This one looks like he says 'Im sorry i farted in this elevator' instead of 'OMG'. :o

I like it, but it doesnt fit

Edited by NeMeSiS

Is there a rule about having a gif in your signature that is over 100kb?

Is there a rule about having a gif in your signature that is over 100kb?

Of course there is:

§16) Keep avatars and signatures within forum regulations

• Total maximum signature size is 600x150 px (text and/or images combined). Total maximum image size is 100KB.
  • Avatar filesize must not exceed 100KB.
  • Signature and avatar must be quiet, no sounds may be played back in them by any means.
  • No flame-baiting or similar material and/or text that others may find offensive is allowed to be displayed.

The signature may be used to advertise your clan, fan-site or addons, but not as a billboard for flaming or opinion statements.

Can you confirm that the community can open/edit BIS models to use in mods/addons? There have been several projects that, if I read it correctly, seem to violate the EULA, yet nothing has been said regarding these. It's raised some confusion on the issue.

If someone converting ArmA2 models back to MLOD and use them = bad, very bad.

However if the ArmA1 models are edited and used, no problem as BIS made them available as MLODs.

Infact, after spending a few minutes having a look at the XFire that IRA has posted, I've come across quite a few things.

XFire confirms him as Pittmann, I've had a look around and he has another XFire under this name " http://www.xfire.com/profile/lothrigen/ " - apparently rather than a 28 year old member of the IRA, he is a 17 year old boy who is a member of ShackTactical, 173rd Airbourne Brigade, US Army Realism Unit ( http://usarmyrealismunit.spruz.com/forums/?page=post&id=D5B3D818-7401-4338-8FA0-55190722E060 )

His e-mail is kevinarma2@yahoo.com, which is how I linked him to ShackTactical - that is the e-mail he uses through Steam.

Basically what I am saying to the moderators is, you have just been made to look like fools by someone obviously flaming. Not only that, but he probably has several forum accounts which is against the Forum Rules and thus your ever ready iron fist will undoubtedly be thumping down on them.

Good observation, after checking his IP addresses he indeed got 3 accounts here. With one of these accounts I had an argument a while back because he created 2 squads threads in one day, another one a day later. One of them was the US Army Realism Unit.

FPDR for me not checking that earlier

As for the "muppet": I deleted 3 replies to that thread where the guidelines clearly say "no discussion in the threads". Followed by almost a dozen of PMs in which people say BIS is "supporting terrorism by keeping that thread". And shortly after I sent an answer that I won't discuss such stupid accusations further it's taken to the public here. You could come to the conclusion that people organizing here and trying to stir something up.

Of course it was not my intention to insult niall0 or anyone else.

There is a difference. No matter how much you hate the US government, they aren't TERRORIST ORGANIZATIONS who murder civilians in the name of fear. Pretty obvious difference.

I don't hate the U.S. government at all. ;)

As for the terrorist organization, I'm sure there is a lot of room for discussion on that matter and it depends on whom you ask. But this ain't the place for such a discussion. :)

Fact is: We're talking here about a computer game and it helps a lot if you realize that some guy making an IRA squad, in which he clearly says he's not supporting the real IRA; has nothing to do with the real world. One of the few realizing that was Darkhorse. The rest should really think for a minute about this - and how many time you guys wasted for actually nothing.

Good observation, after checking his IP addresses he indeed got 3 accounts here. With one of these accounts I had an argument a while back because he created 2 squads threads in one day, another one a day later. One of them was the US Army Realism Unit.

FPDR for me not checking that earlier

With that happenstance thread cleaned up.

Would we allow an IRA squad to advertise on here again if it wasn't create by a dupe account moron? Technically one would have to argue that freedom of speech makes it correct to allow such a squad, same as it should be allowed to have a Taliban or SS squad, but the joy of this being a private forum is that such luxuries aren't allowed and we make decisions on a case by case basis, thus from now on you can consider this answer as final: No IRA/Loyalist type squads, no Taliban/Al Qaeda type squads, no SS/Nazi/Facist type squads, questions about any grey areas can be asked of me directly but consider I'm an uber PC pinko lefty :)

i suppose i should ask a moderator to close all my addons threads and alert foxhound and other mirrors to delete them from their sites as well? dont want to get suspended or anything.

We can do that if you wish so, however removing your threads from other sites is your job.

what about others? i mean the whole section is full of retextures.

Perhaps wait until Marek makes the situation clear before flouncing and then looking silly? ;)

Do I see this correctly, Litos is banned? Or do I misinterpret something?

Could I get a brief, harmless and uncontroversial info why this happened?

Kind regards,

Albert

Perhaps wait until Marek makes the situation clear before flouncing and then looking silly? ;)

well now that it is all sorted my question is answered

anyways, any possibility of a raise in pm box messages? ie like 500, as i receive a lot of pms (3 or so every day) and a lot of them I like to keep, but sadly i cannot do that.