Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

The ranks are here, they're harmless, they're staying, the end :)

How about just reopening the Sales Rising 2 thread so that game can get the shitstorm it deserves? Just closing and pointing your finger at some spammers/trolls (1 or 2 that i noticed) isn´t the fun we anticipated for such a long time. I understand this as a major coitus interruptus in forum geek´ness. Rather ban the disturbing people w/o further notice :turn:

We will reopen the thread (or start a new one) when we think the time is right. ;)

The ignorance of atleast 3 people here in the past 24 hours shows clearly that this point is not reached yet.

How about just banning the ones that turn the thread into a mess? A little more banning would do some good IMO ;)

Would be good to hear opinions from people here that have played DR, since some people have it now. And in a new thread too, the old one is too big and full of rubbish.

I personally support the idea of closing the post for a few days to let those heated little brains to cool down a bit, as one of the people following that post for the pass few days the disucssion is heading no where but more aggressive to one to another, however, I would also like to point out that there are people who you just cannot talk logic into them, those should have a little PR for the time being IMO.

@Maddmatt

Of course normally we would do that - and we did that. However we have some other things to do as well besides babysitting the DR thread. ;)

@4 IN 1

Yep I think the next clown starting a DR thread on purpose might go on vacation. After closing 4 or 5 of them today we're tired of that. And of course it's always those with a 2009 joindate who ignore the instructions or just ignore the fact that there are already half a dozen closed DR threads.

@Madmatt: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383996 would seem to be a good place to start. I recognise almost all of the last of the remaining original OFPers who had clung to their site commenting on this particular thread.

My God, a good site for the lulz the last two days :bb::. Remembering the thread claiming in all seriousness that the BIS developers' team were on Steam forums 'laughing at CM... .'

Wolle chose the perfect gentleman's time to close our page down, IMO.

Edited by Richey79

Can we please finally get polls bumped up by a new vote disabled. Thank you!

Is it true that OFP2: DR Doesn't have mission editor in it? Sorry for asking here for it ;)

Would you stop spamming this thread with nonsense?

Your question has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with "Ask a moderator about the forums/rules". We have a DR thread for that kind of question, or go and ask the creators of DR about that, thanks.

Can we please get links displayed even with many characters?

It is really bad to have them cut. Thank you.

i haven't found any topic about forum

so i would like to ask/propose some "changes"

1) topic or subforum for beta-testers or forum hidden for addonmakers , why hidden ?

because it would allow share some things not only by PM

beacuse it would allow to give beta-tests without problems that people downloaded not-ready addons and claim moan on errors that "are to find and fix"

people download addon expecting it works - but sometimes no time for it

you give someone to test on public, later it is as "news" on few info-sites and later you read that your addons are bugged

such "testing" sub forum would help

or maybe even open forum, but "beta for tests"

in Polish Arma forum we have "hidden" subforums for "teams"

some teams have internal forum to argue , work, bash errors etc.

and before public see addon, some people say "change this, change that"

"noo back to older version"

2) topic informing about addons

now we have a lot of topics about addons

maybe moderator would do few sticked topics which inform (one post) about addons in category by giving links to people's topics

just proposal example:

there is a topic

1) weapons

2) islands

3) units for countries

4) historic addons etc.

in every of such topic moderator would paste link to every addon (without valuing "better" "worse") after for example addonmaker request about release ?

it could be some kind of "catalog" of addons links in groups

now if newbie want find island addon , he see only newest topic and he not know that someone released something 2 weeks ago

such topic can look like:

1) island XXX (link to topic)

2) island XYZ (link to topic)

3) island ABC (link to topic)

weapons pack of HK (link to topic )

weapon pack of AK (link to topic..)

weapons pack of country XYZ (topic) etc.

but without dividing people for "worse" and "better", no matter guy made 100 or 2 rifles ? but to give catalog

many sites about addons have such "cataloged" addons, but they upload and share sometimes old files version

you do 3 updates and they keep half-year old version with bugs

so what Placebo do you think about such ideas as information catalog and hidden subforums for teams and testers forum ?

or you suggest to have 2 topics for addonmakers, for example one w.i.p. in "discussion" forum and second "ready addons" in "released" section ?

We have a hidden beta test forum :)

but please tell me what do you think about catalog of islands , armies of countries ?

I think the moderators do more than enough work already :)

I think the moderators do more than enough work already :)

Also categorizing addons and mods is more the task of sites that inform the community about these releases and work in progresses on their sites anyway, especially newssites like Armedassault.info and Armaholic. Much easier for them since they have a database full of community work already. Just linking to them in a pinned topic here would achieve what you want, like [this page]. Fill in "Era" and "Type", and someone can find pretty much everything they want. Why do you feel the same job needs to be done twice Vilas? What would be so radically different (better) in your opinion from what the newssites are doing?

Edited by JdB

Why do you feel the same job needs to be done twice Vilas?

for many people BIS forum is also very popular source of news :)

for many people BIS forum is also very popular source of news :)

That is correct, and adding categories as you suggested might be a useful idea. However as Placebo said, the additional work would be insane. There are enough people here who post their stuff wherever they want, now multiply this with 4, 6 or more subforums. :eek:

It's not that we sit around here all day and night twirling thumbs. ;)

I'm not sure it's the right place to post this, but i'm quite unhappy with the "community awards" categories which exclude once again, apart form the "best community member" category, OFP mods and modders. Even if they are only a handful left, they do exist even if they aren't commercially interesting anymore. Note that I don't say this for me as i'm retired from modding.

Time marches on, Operation Flashpoint is a closed product for is, it had a great run at a great time but now for us the important legacy we wish to focus on is ArmA, perhaps things would have been different if another entity hadn't come along and destroyed the Flashpoint legacy by making it into something tawdry.

Be careful about this: If that other entity also decides to ruin ARMA brand also. I know what you are referring to: OPF: DR :yuck:

Should this be different for scripts and missions?

Of course not.