Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

New post rank titles I see. Just out of interest, what is the required post count for each new rank?

You have a fancy custom user title, hence you won't be promoted for spamming the forums. :p

Thanks, ProfTournesol. Must have missed that :o

Yes, it's better to have me in "custom title chains" then letting me loose with a normal rank. It might get messy. :p

To all moderators :Sorry. This might be a useless post but I want to give a feedback. About Sniperwolf572 answer in thread part 20 :Good answer. Very good indeed. Some guys think that the moderators are ***. I don't think that way. You rule.

***=insert your mocking/flaming word here

Edited by 33BO11OF00
info

I don't think they are either, well except for Sniperwolf1842.

Who do I have to bribe to become a mod and how much is the going rate?

Send a proof of purchase (pictures of the backside (CD-Key) of the various manuals with your middle finger prominently displayed) of over 50 genuine copies of ArmA2 to Placebo.

Why you would pay to do an unpaid job where every 2nd one hates you and you get almost each day atleast one PM where they call you everything from the book? :confused:

We find you if we need you.

Why you would pay to do an unpaid job where every 2nd one hates you and you get almost each day atleast one PM where they call you everything from the book? :confused:

Because you get endless opportunities to troll people. In another forum I frequent I edited the posts of some ass to make him look gay. But I didn't change his whole post drasticly, just added a word or two here and there, a sentence in a long essay.

Or if I remember that I don't like somebody I can just delete his post.

Man being moderator is fun sometimes.

Send a proof of purchase (pictures of the backside (CD-Key) of the various manuals with your middle finger prominently displayed) of over 50 genuine copies of ArmA2 to Placebo.

You also have to sacrifice a dozen virgin calf to Maruk and Andrej... Don't forget that whatever you do!

Because you get endless opportunities to troll people. In another forum I frequent I edited the posts of some ass to make him look gay. But I didn't change his whole post drasticly, just added a word or two here and there, a sentence in a long essay.

Or if I remember that I don't like somebody I can just delete his post.

Man being moderator is fun sometimes.

And thats the reason you're probably not a Mod here.....

I know its only a small thing, but I can't say I like these new Rank titles - they seem a bit... shit, for lack of a more accurate word. OK, 'Member' is boring, but at least it doesn't make the forum look like its full of wannabe army men.

I know its only a small thing, but I can't say I like these new Rank titles - they seem a bit... shit, for lack of a more accurate word. OK, 'Member' is boring, but at least it doesn't make the forum look like its full of wannabe army men.

Sir, Yes Sir!

Its not that bad. I quite like it to the member one.

I say we change all the ranks to 'Spammer'

Spammer

Spammer First Class

Lance Spammer

Corporal Spammer

[...]

Captain Spammer

Major Spammer

As your rank gets higher with more posts this also makes much more sense.

Sorry to put this here but I have to. To W0lle and other moderators :Not every guys are flamers,mockers and :protest: ers. Some guys are just born :banghead: ;) . Those bad guys need little this :icon_bash: or this :torture: . This is not a spam :Just a happy message to brighten the moderators day/days.

Edited by 33BO11OF00
Info

I say we change all the ranks to 'Spammer'

Spammer

Spammer First Class

Lance Spammer

Corporal Spammer

[...]

Captain Spammer

Major Spammer

As your rank gets higher with more posts this also makes much more sense.

Excellent, Chief Warrant Spammer has a real ring to it, don't you think :p

Excellent, Chief Warrant Spammer has a real ring to it, don't you think :p

Personally i fell for 'Captain Spammer', its like 'Captain Awesome', but more spamful.

Well this is a forum dedicated to a military simulation, so I thought replacing the boring default 'member' usertitles with a (USMC) rank structure would

a) fit way better to the forum in general

b) be something more unique

c) honour the long time poeple with a nice rank

It was clear to me however that not everyone like them, you simply can't please anyone and especially that there might be some 'natural' issues cause a US Army member must wear a Marine rank. :p

However the majority seems to like them (or just doesn't care) and as of now I see no reason why we should change it one more time - which then make others complain. 'Spammer' is no option at all, that would look even more stupid. :)

In fact, join date could have been taken into account in this ranking, rewarding the veterans more than the so called "spammers", but it's not a big deal.

Asides from my above joking, I think they're pretty cool. Especially the fact that you'd need to be around for forever before you hit any sort of commissioned officer rank :p

I would agree with the above sentiment that some sort of time based factor would be a great idea, but in practise I'm not sure how easy it would be to implement. I wonder if there was a way to multiply posts by the amount of years you've been on the forum and have some sort of 'veteran score' based on that? Although I must admit myself that at this stage, it would be so much confusion for little benefit :p

Either way, it's a huge improvement over the old system where annoying spambots who joined up to whinge were marked as "Senior Members" because they had more than 100 posts. Just my 2c.

:) Here is a question to the moderators :Where to publish a list of good war games and make a discussion about them? Answer this. ;)

Edited by 33BO11OF00
whop.typo

In fact, join date could have been taken into account in this ranking, rewarding the veterans more than the so called "spammers", but it's not a big deal.

i totaly agree with him,ranking should be on basis of joining date.

Don't believe it's possible, either way it's a pointless thing to fret about :)

Sorry to put this here but I have to. To W0lle and other moderators :Not every guys are flamers,mockers and :protest: ers. Some guys are just born :banghead: ;) . Those bad guys need little this :icon_bash: or this :torture: . This is not a spam :Just a happy message to brighten the moderators day/days.

This post reads like those books I had in my very early childhood when you could look at the pictures and guess the right word...

Anyway, OnTopic:

I like the new ranks!