Placebo

The all new: Ask a moderator about the forum & rules

That raises a good question - will their be any visual representation of the warning levels like we had on the old boards? Always fun to see who's been causing controversy.

Really not sure on that one, I don't think it's something that is necessarily beneficial for other people to be able to see, the offender and us know where someone stands so that's usually sufficient :)

Are there any alternative forum looks (skins) planned for the future?

Personally I'd be interested in something dark - bright ones tire my eyes ;)

How does the new warning system work? Are infractions like the old WBs?

How does the new warning system work? Are infractions like the old WBs?

Yes kinda, just that infractions now expire after some weeks/months automatically. If you're able to collect 5 warning points you're banned like before. There are also some infractions which lead to an instant ban automatically.

Overall it's better than the manual system we had before. :)

What the size limit on signatures in terms of lines of text? I know the rules defines a picture limit, but I've seen some people with text only sigs that seem to go on forever and waste space on pages.

9 Lines of text in the default size (like this one) = ~150px.

If in doubt, report the user and we come with our rulers. :)

Yes people with oversized signatures due to text really should be shot.

Unless their signature is purely for purposes of official BIS public service announcements of course!

That's your decision, not ours, if you persist with spamming like you just did and/or breaking the rules, yes you will.

I dont want to be picky, but being a member of this game and forum since the early days makes me somewhat nostalgic. So would you be so kind to set my postcount to what it was in the old forum.

Appreciated.

I dont want to be picky, but being a member of this game and forum since the early days makes me somewhat nostalgic. So would you be so kind to set my postcount to what it was in the old forum.

Appreciated.

I checked your account in the old forums and it has only one single post...

Appreciated.

Are you sure you logged into the correct account?

Albert Schweizer

;)

Unfortunately I dont know what my last post was, but just check this thread and you see my account (I opened the thread)

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=11;t=76412;hl=albert+schweitzer

Profile under

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard311/ikonboard.cgi?;act=Profile;CODE=03;MID=65-1010148100

Could the reason be that in the old forums I had to log in with "Albert Schweitzer" even though my screen name was "Albert Schweizer"? (without the "t")? Nevertheless it should still be the same account since the same old password still works. I guess that is where the problem lies.

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

This just smells like a double-account Albert:)

with the same login, the same password and the same registration date? :cool: Nah, I rather think something went wrong with the export of the old SQL and its user data.

BTW good to see you Bals!

Edited by Albert Schweitzer

Jep, two accounts, both with the same password, reg date and email address. When I asked for my details being mailed I received two mails for each account and reset one of them.

So something weird must have happened in the database, either recently or further in the past.

Please wait until Placebo is back from fishing, he surely will look into it. :)

All pointless spam and nonsense posts removed. Use PM to send messages between you forth and back, for conspiracy use the relevant forums. I'm sure there are plenty of them around.

This thread is for serious questions to the forum staff.

Appreciated.

I don't want to be picky, but why not simply check your first post on the issue here which I replied to over a month ago?

Under my forum profile/statistics it says that I have one "referral". Wondering what on earth this could mean, I googled it:

http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/vb2_manual_cp_referrals

But I haven't been making any URLs to my user profile? So what does this mean?

BTW welcome back Placebo^^

You don't have to link anything. The user registration form has a field in which, when registering, one can enter their referrer's username. Someone has simply entered yours when registering on these boards. :smile_o:

Referring is an act of recommending someone to someone or something.

"Bala".

The "ArmA2 press coverage" is nearing its 100th page (I got 40 posts per page).

What is the page/post limit on threads these days?