Sign in to follow this  
opteryx

Avgani 1.5 & Afghan village 1.0

Dammit, I need to update the Avgani PBO, some objects are lacking geometry components so there's no working collision mesh.

I'll get it up ASAP.

-edit-

I'm gonna update the whole pack instead so that mirror hosts don't have to recompile the whole pack.

Edited by Opteryx

Nice Job Opx...waiting for the last version to give you a mirror ;)

Once again a great addons for Arma! thank you for this awesome work!

But it does drop the framerate way too much to be playable on my computer so I'll stay with the "old" version at least for now.

best.

OK guys, see the megaupload link to update mirrors. I know it might seem bit unnecessarily to update the whole pack just for one pbo, but it'll make it easier for the mirror hosts.

As for the LOD/mipmap flickering, I'm going to need some serious help on that, I have no idea what's causing it. It's really annoying cause I can't play the map myself. It runs fine in buldozer, but not ingame. One thing that helps me is to run shading detail on very low, ie. no normal maps, but this isn't very desired so if you've got any clue how to optimize, please let me know.

For the flickering, do you have an ATi card? I heard it's ATi cards that have that problem. I have one and the flickering affects my game, too.

GeForce 8800 gts.

Opteryx Thank you, this is the best map for ArmA. :notworthy: :notworthy:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

9158503.gif

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

I would love to see these maps with AI pathfinding. They look beeeaaaautiful!! but just seem to be impractical when it actually comes to a Coop game, for example...

Roll on Arma2 I say and see what can be done.

Great work though!

I've noticed alot more lagg on Avgani 1.5, and even Afghan 1.0

But the main bugg Im going to bring up, are the buildings on Avgani that you can walk straight through.

I think its the Asylum, but the walls you can walk straight through, and the white fences bullets can go sraight through, like theyre not even there. Im pretty sure there's other buildings that you can walk clean through.

Just thought I'd report this.

I've noticed alot more lagg on Avgani 1.5, and even Afghan 1.0

But the main bugg Im going to bring up, are the buildings on Avgani that you can walk straight through.

I think its the Asylum, but the walls you can walk straight through, and the white fences bullets can go sraight through, like theyre not even there. Im pretty sure there's other buildings that you can walk clean through.

Just thought I'd report this.

You would help if you can report the specific coordinates on these houses/fences/objects. As you know there are "alot" models in the map.

Suggestion: Take a picture of you as a squad lead with 1 AI and ask him to repost hes position. (keys => F2 ; 5 ; 5)

This was is easier to see the bugs fixed, otherwise i doubt the Author will fix them.

Opteryx: Have you taken in consideration the suggestion i gave about some of the terrain settings?

Opteryx well done on the maps sir, this latest version of Avgani looks superb.

Slight problem though, My Street Sweeper Mission has just fallen over as a "Static object" has been removed. It says to open the editor and resave, well I did a resave as version 4 with the new version of the map and I still have the problem. Is there a specific building class or object you might have removed? I have zero clue where to even start looking, it could literally be anywhere.

regards

BD1

Hi, i haven't noticed any significant performance lost yet on Avgani, but this is

what i've get when i did a flyby with a USMC OV-10D Bronco:

avgani_1_5_bug.jpg

After hit "accept" (= Aceptar) i could keep flying normaly, i'd get the message

after pass the whole town once over the North side; i should do some more tests

on the ground and i'll report back any other weird thing that i may see. Let's C ya

Hi, i haven't noticed any significant performance lost yet on Avgani, but this is

what i've get when i did a flyby with a USMC OV-10D Bronco:

IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v330/wipman/avgani_1_5_bug.jpg[/img]

After hit "accept" (= Aceptar) i could keep flying normaly, i'd get the message

after pass the whole town once over the North side; i should do some more tests

on the ground and i'll report back any other weird thing that i may see. Let's C ya

And this is on Avgani?

Hi, yes man, i downloaded it yesterday on Armedassault.info at like the 14:00 or

so; i haven't try yet the Afgan Village 1.0 map, only Avgani.

The asylum it's very pimp, but seems that you walk thru all the walls, and inside

objects, also thru the external walls (from inside the building) until fall and die.

I've also shooted at a small, not enterable blue building that instead collapse it

turned or banked over a side and then stayed with 1/2 buried in the ground; i

should try to locate it again. The AI seem to have the same problems than always

with their "yeltsin pathfinding", getting stunk at the phone poles, sidewalks when

they go in wheeled vehicles... and some tanks (RACS M60A3) refuse to turn in

some crossroads and head to the street that they were ordered to go, i didn't

knew that the ArmA's AI had a cowardy model... "oh no no, im scared of go by

that street!! what we gonna do if they throw rotten eggs at us, and tomatos and

watermelons big as a 18 axis trucks!?" heh the AI on this game "it's so good...".

Let's C ya

Hi, yes man, i downloaded it yesterday on Armedassault.info at like the 14:00 or

so; i haven't try yet the Afgan Village 1.0 map, only Avgani.

The asylum it's very pimp, but seems that you walk thru all the walls, and inside

objects, also thru the external walls (from inside the building) until fall and die.

Yes I've corrected the error on the asylum building, download the pack again. As for the razmisc error, it might be Nick using a same class name or p3d as me because I've not used any of those objects.

I've also shooted at a small, not enterable blue building that instead collapse it

turned or banked over a side and then stayed with 1/2 buried in the ground; i

should try to locate it again. always

A picture of the building would help a lot.

The AI seem to have the same problems than with their "yeltsin pathfinding", getting stunk at the phone poles, sidewalks when

they go in wheeled vehicles... and some tanks (RACS M60A3) refuse to turn in

some crossroads and head to the street that they were ordered to go, i didn't

knew that the ArmA's AI had a cowardy model... "oh no no, im scared of go by

that street!! what we gonna do if they throw rotten eggs at us, and tomatos and

watermelons big as a 18 axis trucks!?" heh the AI on this game "it's so good...".

Let's C ya

Nice analogy you've got there :p

I'm afraid I can't do much with the way AI navigate.

Slight problem though, My Street Sweeper Mission has just fallen over as a "Static object" has been removed. It says to open the editor and resave, well I did a resave as version 4 with the new version of the map and I still have the problem. Is there a specific building class or object you might have removed? I have zero clue where to even start looking, it could literally be anywhere.

regards

BD1

There are many which have been removed, I'm afraid I can't give you a list because I haven't been keeping tabs on that.

Edited by Opteryx

Hi, yes i think that must be something related with the Nicolas Bell Razani 0.5

map, i didn't though about it until now, i gonna try to get a screenshot of that

small blue building; i've downloaded again the map from armedassault.info and

i also gonna try again the asylum. Let's C ya

*EDIT: I haven't try the asylum (i forget it) but i've located that building, seems that you've placed two

in the same place too one over the other, here it's the screenshot of the building:

avgani_1_5_bug_01.jpg

And here it's it's/their GPS location on the map:

avgani_1_5_bug_02.jpg

Edited by wipman

As for the razmisc error, it might be Nick using a same class name or p3d as me because I've not used any of those objects.

I do have ruin.p3d in the the razmisc file - but why would your map be calling it's use? Especially since you are saying you didn't use the ruin object? Weird.

The obvious solution is to delete the razmisc.pbo

AGS industrial addon had "hangar.p3d" file in it, it caused errors because ArmA found same filename in some other dir of the BIS default addons. I had to rename it to "AGS_hangar.p3d" to fix it.

Guys guys... you need to start use addon tags, call it whatever you want, but something that is absolutely unique to your addon. You cannot have stuff like "flower.p3d" or "rock.p3d" in your addon dirs.

Hi, i can't delete the "razmisc.pbo" file if i want to keep using Razani with the rest

of the maps all in the same addon folder called: @Islands. So i don't gonna touch

anything and i gonna await for you booth to solve it, i don't use any of the two maps

in MP since i don't use the ACE mod which seems that the only MP missions that

are on the public servers that take place in any of this 3 maps, are made for.

I've just found that small incompativility. Let's C ya

Thanks for the update, the maps are beautiful !

I found that adjusting my texture setting to normal or low made the performance issues go away on my ATI 4850 1GB. With a lot of memory on the card you're tempted to go high/very high but on Avgani it's no good. No other setting helped with the flickering. I'm keeping everything on high but texture on normal and it's great.

OK I found out what the problem is and fixed it for my missions and this probably affects some of you as well.

The static object error, relates to an AI waypoint. As some of the buildings have been changed the waypoint becomes broken. So delete all your waypoints for AI that enter a building and do them again and it should all work fine, mine seems to.

Also some great news is that there are now some extra buildings that have many more rooms and positions available which you can pack with AI for some excellent CQB work!!

Nice job Opteryx!