Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Why my nickname get changed from Horus to horus -> uppercase to lowercase letter :blink:

Fix for this problem ... thx ;)

Fix for this problem ... thx ;)

Yep same happened to me. Quick and easy fix!

That was indeed odd, glad it was so easy to change. My inner 12 year old is happy with alternate caps once again.

I like the new compact post layout! Saves a lot of vertical space. Keep up the good work, only the thread header might need some cleaning up

I like the new compact post layout! Saves a lot of vertical space. Keep up the good work, only the thread header might need some cleaning up

Ahh, yes. This is already much better.

Still, I think the post date (e.g. "Postd Today, 11:41) is still off. For one it should be next to the post number in the thread (e.g. "#930"), and so, for two, it should be also in the sidebar. Maybe put both at the top of the sidebar, and above the username (which still is much larger)?

Then we just need to have that "like this" button merged into the lane with the "report" and "quote" buttons. Maybe make it so that the report button floats/aligns left, the others to the right, or something.

^^ Two more lines we can easily get rid off (per post!). B)

Still, I think the post date (e.g. "Postd Today, 11:41) is still off. For one it should be next to the post number in the thread (e.g. "#930"), and so, for two, it should be also in the sidebar. Maybe put both at the top of the sidebar, and above the username (which still is much larger)?

I'd disagree. Even more - post number and link to it should be in the same line like post date, but on right (top-right corner of the post). Why? That's where it is present in most forums: vBulletin and Kunena have it there, phpBB have everything in left top, only XenForo is a bit different - it's on the bottom of the post. Nobody puts it in the sidebar, and that would be weird and unusual. I've already lost five minutes frantically searching for post link.

I agree, the post link button under the profile is weird, and there is enough space right of the "Posted Today" line.

The location of the "like this" button is logical like this (you like the post, not the sig.), so moving the quote  and report buttons to the lowe left of the post body would be good. 

Notifications don't work at all for me.

Is somebody receiving mails when followed threads are getting new posts ?

Notifications don't work at all for me.

As BohemiaBeck reported:

2. Email notification isn't properly configured.

The web development team is investigating email notification functionality.

@Ruebe:

I know it's hard, but I'm sure You'll get on with it somehow... :P

By the way, are notifications in forums panel active when someone quotes your post or something? I haven't noticed.

It seems like the "New Content" page is bugged. When "Content I have not read" is checked, only 2 threads are shown (Screenshot). Now when switching to lets say "Past Week", a list of threads comes up with a whole bunch marked as unread (Screenshot). Shouldn't all those unread threads be shown under "Content I have not read"?

It seems like the "New Content" page is bugged. When "Content I have not read" is checked, only 2 threads are shown (Screenshot). Now when switching to lets say "Past Week", a list of threads comes up with a whole bunch marked as unread (Screenshot). Shouldn't all those unread threads be shown under "Content I have not read"?

Maybe it's because you have the "Just items I follow" checked? You have two unread followed topics, and multiple followed topics which have been updated past week.

Maybe it's because you have the "Just items I follow" checked? You have two unread followed topics, and multiple followed topics which have been updated past week.

He's saying that 'Content I have not read' is buggy because it doesn't include threads followed and unread from earlier, for ex., a week. So the default timeframe covered is too short.

He's saying that 'Content I have not read' is buggy because it doesn't include threads followed and unread from earlier, for ex., a week. So the default timeframe covered is too short.

Oh, is there a time filter included? 'Content I have not read' means to me 'ALL Content I have not read yet', and not just 'Content I have not read from the past 24 hours'.

Maybe it's because you have the "Just items I follow" checked?

I have it checked in both screenshots, so I don't see why that additional filter should matter.

You have two unread followed topics, and multiple followed topics which have been updated past week.

The issue is that among this 'multiple followed topics which have been updated past week', there are far more than 2 unread followed topics (already 4 visible in the screenshot).

Ohhh my god...I just received a damn mail about a post in a thread. Does that mean, the problem is fixed?

Ohhh my god...I just received a damn mail about a post in a thread. Does that mean, the problem is fixed?

I was about to say the same thing !! Notifications are back !! :) 

I was about to say the same thing !! Notifications are back !! :)

Email deliveries should be fixed across the forums now.

• Like 1

Will it be possible in the future to select the notification method (email/notification list) by thread?

It was a great feature in the old system; I had email tracking only on the most important threads, like changelogs, SITREPs, my own threads etc.

Email deliveries should be fixed across the forums now.

How do you turn that off ? I get an email for every post on threads I am subscribed to now, which I don't want to, but switching to "Do not notify me of updates" doesn't get me rid of it

How do you turn that off ? I get an email for every post on threads I am subscribed to now, which I don't want to, but switching to "Do not notify me of updates" doesn't get me rid of it

The default was set for Email. I will change the default to Notification List.

As a user, you can change it to your own preferences by clicking on the down arrow to the right of your username at the top the page(near the login button) and choose "My Settings", then select the "Notifications Options" tab on the left. There you can choose "Notification List" or "Email" for many different types of notifications.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Edited by BohemiaBeck
My Settings drop down not on Profile

Email notifications should now be fixed.

However, the default setting was Email notification instead of Notification List. The default setting was just changed to Notification List.

Just the initial default setting was changed. This was just changed so that new users wont have to opt out if they start following threads from the start, and start getting too many emails.

This change in the initial default setting may have changed it from Email to Notification List for users that wanted it to be email.

Users that want the Email notification, can change it to Email by going to "My Settings" (selection in the drop down to the right of your username at the top of the page near the login button)

Click on the "Notification Options" tab on the left, and change any notification options there.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Will it be possible in the future to select the notification method (email/notification list) by thread?

It was a great feature in the old system; I had email tracking only on the most important threads, like changelogs, SITREPs, my own threads etc.

To change the notifications by thread, use the drop down menu to the right of your username(in upper right corner) and go to Content I Follow.

To change the notifications by thread, use the drop down menu to the right of your username(in upper right corner) and go to Content I Follow.

I can't see any option for choosing between email and notification list in there? :huh: