Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

In Firefox, AdBlock Plus prevents logins to the forums.  Disable AdBlock for forums.bistudio.com and logins work fine.  AdBlock Plus in Chrome doesn't seem to block logins.

I agree with Chops regarding the colour palette. I used to spend a lot of time on the old forums, the 'soft' colours didn't strain my eyes at all like these current ones do.

I can not imagine myself spending much time anymore on these forums if it remains this way.

Kind regards,

Sanchez (guy who can finally log back into his account)

Please, please give us some color palette options....it's essential BI......my home environment is calmly lit...a place to relax after the stresses and strains of the day :)​ ......there's just way to much White on offer here :( ...please fix

• Like 1

About the new forum:

- poor layout, making it tiring to read

- loss of messages because the "read only" on the old forum was not activated in all area (ex: A3 scripting)

- unable to quickly see the last post of each section

- loss of the old forum last read message (I go back to post #1)

If you try to go to any thread made on the previous forum, it takes you to the version of the thread on the new site and then immediately refreshes to the main forum page. Its absolutely infuriating.

• Like 1

Caaaaaaaaaaaan we get a revert? Pretty pls...pleeaaseee? Legacy option??? Something that works?

Kind regards,

Sanchez

• Like 3

the new look is simply awful, the heart from this community is destroyed , the old design was straight and clear and this is simply mess up.

*sad

Ps: the shitstorm is justified

• Like 2

There is too much wasted vertical space. I can see at most 2 posts on 1080.A third of the top is filled with useless bars, the top 2 completely unrelated to the forum, the third one just being way too big for what it is supposed to do, and it is mostly empty (a bunch of stuff could go in there, like the whole 'view new content' and search bar row). Also posts themselves are very big even though the content is small, its like someone left a bunch of <br>s everywhere. And why is, for example, the 'like this' on a completely seperate row? What a waste.

I also don't like the color scheme, grey on grey with buttons in the same grey color does not help usability in any way. Needs more contrast. The navbars are very small and lack borders, making them hard to click (the actual clickable area is just the text while they are surrounded by these big '>' signs, make the clickable are at least that big.

EDIT: Also, i live in a place where a day has 24 hours, not 2 cycles of 12. Can we get rid of the AM/PM shit?

EDIT2: I also miss the join date under the postcount like in the old forum, would be nice to have that back.

Old links should now be properly mapped. Please let me know if there are cases where it is not working.

No one else seems to have said anything on this here yet, but links are working for me now. Although everything done using KK's BBCode converter now doesn't work, so that'll be a pain.

What about our subscriptions we had in the "old" forum? Will we be able to access them again?

On another note: the red font color for unread threads is obtrusive.

• Like 1

What about the forum groups?

I was part of a number of them, will they be availiable again?

Also I think when a member posts, that their name shouldn't be out of the box of the post as it is now,

imo it should be within the box on the left what was posted, not above the left box.

• Like 2

In Firefox, AdBlock Plus prevents logins to the forums.  Disable AdBlock for forums.bistudio.com and logins work fine.  AdBlock Plus in Chrome doesn't seem to block logins.

It works fine for me. Using FireFox with Adblock Plus here. Login is no problem, pages load properly and replying works 95% of the time.

I'm happy that the old links should work again (didn't test yet though), and I took my time yesterday to follow all the threads I was subscribed to before. Now everything here works pretty much as before for me. As others said the forum design isn't exactly perfect, but I guess that can be fixed over time. However it's sad to read how many people have/had technical issues with the new forum.

As others said the forum design isn't exactly perfect, but I guess that can be fixed over time. 

They seem to be listening to feedback pretty well, text/background contrast seems to have been increased a bit, buttons are now blue and the 'threads with new posts' color has been changed from very red to a much easier on the eyes blue. A bit of a shame that there was no beta period to sort this stuff out, but it is too late for that now anyway.

You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text

:angry:

Have noticed a few positive changes visually since yesterday, but thing seem a bit of a mix-match of themes right now. Would recommend getting rid of the green in the theme, for example. And, there is still too much wasted space.

I hope you will manage a darker theme at some point in the near future.

On the bright side, in my limited browsing this morning, I haven't had the auto-logout --> get sent to homepage --> auto-login bug happening. That was super annoying, and it appears you have fixed it, so... Thanks.

Don't know if it is an option in IPB, or not, but... You need to find a way to let non-seo versions of thread links work, or that will cause many problems down the line as links die with thread title changes...

Put up some suggestions for better UX and more fluid design (from my web-development experience).

Made a gallery here ---> http://imgur.com/a/XJexA

Feel free to offer more suggestions or discuss my choices. Always open to debate stuff ;)

• Like 2

If it indeed is the case that you just deleted all our thread-subscriptions without warning and we will have to start at zero, then you should at least desperately work at the current subscriptions-system. Where is the improvement compared to the old system? I only see steps back there :(

Why would you do that?

Give us back the opportunity to create custom folders to save our subscriptions topic related (e.g. folders "Mods" and "Mission Design/Scripting"), please.

Way to many posts here so I just post it, hopefully it has not been said before:

I have the problem that I don't get emails on new posts in followed threads (since all my subscriptions where deleted (-,-) I needed to subscribe to all the over 100 threads.) Before the update I got around 30-50 Emails a day of thread activity. Now I don't get ANY.

Yes I have subscribed to the threads and Yes I set them on "Instantly" or what ever the option says!

we will look into the subscribed threads list > followed threads list conversion for sure ...

• Like 3

It works fine for me. Using FireFox with Adblock Plus here. Login is no problem, pages load properly and replying works 95% of the time.

----

Yep, logins via Firefox with ABP are ok now.  This is good. 

I have not yet found a way to see a list of my most recent posts.  It must be in there, but.......where? (Edit - I found it: My Content> Forum> only posts ^_^ )

The # of allowed PMs has been reduced to 50, which is a step backward to where it used to be.  Please increase the max # to what it was before the forum reset.

---Edit2:  There appears to be no YouTube option in the Contact Methods section of the profile.  One can enter one's YouTube page as a "Website URL," but a proper, editable YouTube entry would be much better.   Also, one apparently cannot delete or change what is currently in your YouTube Contact Info in your profile.

Sorry for not reading through 45 pages of comments. I don't like the new color scheme of the forums - low contrast and poor font / size choices make it hard to read the pages. Individual comments are somewhat hard to tell apart because the comment title doesn't separate well enough from the comment body.

I also dislike the large amount of wasted vertical whitespace - I'd prefer a bit more condensed, somewhat denser view. The top toolbar (where it says "Rules") is way too high and wastes a lot of space for nothing. The first comment on a topic page starts at Y=600 (or so) - on a 1080 display, 60% of the screen size is wasted on toolbars, pointless images, etc.

The red link color is really poor on the gray background. A color scheme with better colors and better contrast would be preferable to the current one.

I also see various labels with black text and white background and overlap other elements all over the place (one example is next to the comment where it says "xxbbcc's Photo". I can't describe this element other than a label (or a tooltopi?) but it looks really out-of-place with broken layout and invalid overlaps. This is especially bad on the topic listing pages.

All is forgiven as long as they lifted the hideously archaic 100kb photo rule

Every time I load up the forum there it has become better and better!

What I did note is that the report button is annoyingly close to the edit button on the posts and in my opinion could be better placed separately to the far left and/or colored differently from the other buttons.

Not much I like about this new forum

1. the blue buttons at the top are HUGE. Even worse is that they don't even follow the color scheme of everything else, black white, and shades of gray.   

2. Adding onto that, there is an excessive use of bold font from what I guess is an attempt to make the grey text easily readable and to make it harder to miss (it failed).

3. Randomly sends you back to the main page for no reason at all.

4. some links are dead now because the topic title is included in the URL, which opens the door for broken links.

5. Their web developer has failed on one of the basic elements of web design, never use backgrond and foreground colors that are similar to each other, it will make it very difficult to read, and people who think your website is like that, will simply leave.

6. People are having login issues, some accounts have been trashed completely it would seem (or corrupted by whatever algorithm was used for database migration).

7. There should of been a testing period for this thing so it could be fixed before it murdered the heart of the community with this new design that isn't that great.

Account transition worked smoother than expected.

Waited a few days with 1st login, no hiccups now other than pw reset, Ad Block (Firefox) turned off for login, and reupload Avatar.

Also todays forum is much less painful to look at than yesterdays.

• Like 1