Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

It seems that only you can see your own warning level. Which is great imo.          

Lol, thanks matey! Yes, that is good! :) Didn't realise!

I can't login with Firefox 39.0 (when I try, login window just shows 'processing...' icon and then nothing happens), even though I have removed bistudio.com and forums.bistudio.com cookies and disabled addons that could cause the problem. Everything works fine under IE 11.

One big problem I can see is with search engines. Since the URL's have changed any links already indexed on Google will not work. Perhaps add something to the URL re-writer to redirect to the correct URL?

I can't login with Firefox 39.0 (when I try, login window just shows 'processing...' icon and then nothing happens), even though I have removed bistudio.com and forums.bistudio.com cookies and disabled addons that could cause the problem. Everything works fine under IE 11.

I tested with Firefox 39 on Windows and Mac and did not get this issue. Are you running a stock Firefox 39 or do you have additional plugins, etc?

• Like 1

I'm not ruling out that I may be the root to my own evil.

I tried logging in this morning. I entered my login from memory and was taken to an account where my email is my screenname and it says I joined the forums TODAY. It's a totally new account and I can't seem to log into my old one that I created in 2012.

I have another adress registered here and thought that maybe I used that for my account back then. To be safe, I ordered a password reset link - I do get that link delivered but it doesnt take me anywhere and times out instead. Also interesting, no matter what password I type in for that second adress, it says "internal server error" while a misspelled email gets correctly diagnosed as not registered.

I spent the last week finishing the update of an addon, every hour. Not that this would be anyones problem but not being able to log in right now.. I'm considering to start drinking. :D

I tested with Firefox 39 on Windows and Mac and did not get this issue. Are you running a stock Firefox 39 or do you have additional plugins, etc?

Thanks, I tried to disable addons one-by-one again and it turned out that AdBlock was the cause of the problem. :)

• Like 1

I really want to like the new forums - the visuals are lovely, will take some getting used to but really nice. However I am struggling to use them due to the large amount of problems. Most of which have already been listed above.

One additional thing is you can no longer login using usernames just email addresses - a minor one but still a problem. 

Apart from that the most significant ones are the loss of ability to link to forum I thought a simple URL rewrite might work like below but it seems the thread ID's no longer match up:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3
REWRITE TO
http://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3
ACTUALLY SENDS YOU TO
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/160599-help-with-spawn-civilian/

Maybe something went wrong maybe not? Any kind of update or info would be gladly appreciated. 

Put it here as well, just in case.

Can you make it possible to login with our original accounts. Don't like looking at the 'oooooops internal error' message. ;)

Why so easy to make a new account without checks too i.e. confirm email address. I got straight on with this new account (which I don't want btw).

Ta.

Honestly, don't mind the appearance, I can still read it. 
But the links mean that external bookmarks no longer work, links from external sites don't work, and even posts on here that reference other posts on here don't work...
That's a bit of a regression in functionality. Hopefully someone can fix it, whether in the forum software itself, or through something more duct-tape-oriented like the apache rewrite module...

In many other communities/forums the administrators would launch an open beta mode if they intend to change their website. They'd launch a beta mode to receive feedback and therefore minimize problems before changing the original site.

Since Bohemia decided not to do this, they now have to deal with pissed off members, technical problems and general discontent.

Way to go, Bohemia web staff. I doubt you thought this one through.

Kind regards,

Sanchez (someone who still can't login to his main account)

Well this is different, wasn't expecting this but I'm 50/50 on the change, im sure some things still need ironing out.

So far from my 1st check, whole thread is F*cked up!? :angry: ---> https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/165560-ai-compilation-list-of-addonsmodsscripts-misc/

I spent ALOT....................................................................................... of time on this, basically all my work down the drain, unless you

fix the forum where all the links can point to the pages linked.

What you should have done is tested the new "software" on a copy of the original forum, and see what happened, then fix that and see how it turned out, and if what you did works then you make a vote and see if the community would like it by providing a link to the copy  forum for them to see, how I would of done it.

Also can we remove the warning posts, ya I had something with my signature when i first joined many years ago, do i really need to be reminded of that, i think i got the point when it was removed and I got a warning for it, I didn't know any better, if no one else cant see it then why do i have to look at it.

I can't login with old account. Is BIS working on it or are they lost for good?

I can't login with old account. Is BIS working on it or are they lost for good?

I doubt they are completely lost. I still get an email when i try to retrieve my password, so they still have the data, just something that got borked somewhere. Worst case scenario they just roll back to the old forum so everything (especially the URLs) work again. :P

What you should have done is tested the new "software" on a copy of the original forum, and see what happened, then fix that and see how it turned out, and if what you did works then you make a vote and see if the community would like it by providing a link to the copy  forum for them to see, how I would of done it.

Also can we remove the warning posts, ya I had something with my signature when i first joined many years ago, do i really need to be reminded of that, i think i got the point when it was removed and I got a warning for it, I didn't know any better, if no one else cant see it then why do i have to look at it.

This quoting thing is weird...anyway...

I Completely agree. Should've done something like a beta mode...this is just not the way to go about this. Whoever's intent it was over at Bohemia to do it like this must've had a brainfart.

I'm happy about one thing and one thing only. The wiki remained untouched. Thank god...don't you even dare BIS...I'll hunt you down and force-feed you an extraordinary amount of bananas so that you will never be able to poop again.

Missing the option to mark every forum read on the main page. There's only the option to mark each sub-forum read while browsing it which is a bit of a pain to do.

When clicking the main category, i.e "BOHEMIA INTERACTIVE DISCUSSION" or "BI MILITARY GAMES FORUMS" there's an option available at the bottom to mark as read, but nothing happens or the operation isn't done recursively.

My OCD disctates that when I'm done reading the forums I should leave on a "clean slate" ;)

Hello,

If you had trouble with login, please try a password reset and try again.

Old links should now be properly mapped. Please let me know if there are cases where it is not working.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Constantly getting thrown back to the main page is probably the single most annoying issue (after I was actually able to log in).

(That and the fact that I can't get this reply to even post!... finally... geez... seems to be an issue with being logged out... thrown to the main page, and logged back in... over and over and over)

• Like 2

I can't reply in my mod's thread. Quick reply doesn't work at all ("Post" button has no function), while "More reply options" always erase my stuff and says "you must write a post". It also erases all my stuff when i switch from simple "quick reply" to "more reply options".

EDIT: It seems to be a problem of the Microsoft Edge.

RSS feeds look like they didn't make the transition which is unfortunate.

Hello,

If you had trouble with login, please try a password reset and try again.

Old links should now be properly mapped. Please let me know if there are cases where it is not working.

Best regards,

BohemiaBeck

Thanks, i am back on my account. :)

Btw, the 'Passsword has been reseted' message seems wrong, i am not a native speaker but i think it should be 'reset'. 

EDIT: the 'paste as plain text by default' option doesn't seem to work, which is why this text is green.

Hey, I managed to log in. Yay.

Other than that the forum is broken/unusable. Every second page is a failure, back to the main page or other crazy permission errors that show up and go (e.g. on trying to access my profile, or edit a post or what not. Oh.. add posting a reply to this list.. doesn't work... WTF).

Call me back when things are fixed. I don't have the calm and patience for this crap.

:|

Feedback

- its okay

- optional dark background please

- fix the DB merger so we can search again for old useful threads.

- seems optimized for mobile

not too concerned about the forums

The grey text on white background is awful. It's a strain to read large bodies of text. Make it black or blue or something more contrasting. The colour palatte/scheme is weak, these forums are hard to look at for any length of time.

The landing page now has a great deal of wasted space, with only one 'latest post' listing and all the pointless 'Arma 3' headings under the whole Arma 3 section are redundant, cluttered and jumbled.

ARMA 3

Arma 3 - News, Arma 3 - General, Arma 3 - Zeus, etc, etc, etc.

Get rid of the repeated Arma 3 headings, and separate the headings properly. There's two on some lines, three on others, one on yet others. It looks terribly sloppy. The old forums had descriptions and latest post, why remove them?

That said, I think the new 'like this post' function is a handy and helpful edition.

• Like 2

My eyes hurt guys please change the white to some more friendly theme! I don't think I can stay within the forum for more then 3-5 minutes it feels   uncomfortable.

• Like 2