Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

STILL getting very late topic thread notification emails. I just got an email telling me this post had just been made. Yes... more than a month ago.

I don't know if you're ignoring my pleas to fix this, or if it's being worked on without telling us it's underway, but if it helps, I am getting notifications for threads I've unsubscribed to, but only where the post date PRECEDES my unsubscribing from that thread. This would leave me to think the problem lies (if we believe the unsubcribe function works) in the email, not in the forum software proper.

the notification thing will be looked into, but unfortunately it's not priority

Hello there :)

I'm a humble user of this forum and I'm really enjoying to browse through the different subforums and learn new things everyday.

I got helped numerous times and after collection some knowledge about scripting in ArmA, I've been able to help others.

I spend most of my time in this board in the ArmA2 OA - EDITING subforums and noticed a small detail: some of the threads related to scripting issues are problems caused by the wrong usage of command parameters or bad syntax.

These problems are best solved when the official BIKI is used to determine the correct way to deliver parameters or look into multiplayer issues.

So here's my suggestion: Why not creating a filter which will search an entire post for scripting commands and automatically link them with the corresponding BIKI-article?

To build an array of available script commands, the BIKI category for all scripting commands can be used.

This post filter can be realized using PHP and vBulletin's framework to pre/post-process posts or even using JavaScript to apply the filter after the page has loaded.

I don't know if such a feature is welcomed by the moderators/administrators of this board because after beeing the tech support for some boards I managed myself for some time ago, I really know how time consuming it can be to implement such features.

the email issue is resolved , the problem was size of batches in queue so it failed to 'cope' with amount of emails to send out

---------- Post added at 21:36 ---------- Previous post was at 21:34 ----------

Hello there :)

I'm a humble user of this forum and I'm really enjoying to browse through the different subforums and learn new things everyday.

I got helped numerous times and after collection some knowledge about scripting in ArmA, I've been able to help others.

I spend most of my time in this board in the ArmA2 OA - EDITING subforums and noticed a small detail: some of the threads related to scripting issues are problems caused by the wrong usage of command parameters or bad syntax.

These problems are best solved when the official BIKI is used to determine the correct way to deliver parameters or look into multiplayer issues.

So here's my suggestion: Why not creating a filter which will search an entire post for scripting commands and automatically link them with the corresponding BIKI-article?

To build an array of available script commands, the BIKI category for all scripting commands can be used.

This post filter can be realized using PHP and vBulletin's framework to pre/post-process posts or even using JavaScript to apply the filter after the page has loaded.

I don't know if such a feature is welcomed by the moderators/administrators of this board because after beeing the tech support for some boards I managed myself for some time ago, I really know how time consuming it can be to implement such features.

you mean , something like automatic highlight style (e.g. like with urls) which try autolink the 'command word' to BIKI description ?

not bad idea, I will try remember it for later , do you have some samples how make easily such post filters (send me PM about it)

some updates today, shall be bit better experience here and there ;)

added new feature to forums: you can unvote your Poll vote and change your vote (works with any non-closed poll)

Edited by Dwarden

I see we've ventured into "vote for this post" territory again.

Is there really any need for it, or did it just come along in the last updates?

You're just afraid of the consequences ;)

But agreed, we don't need a surge of 'upvote' plebians.

considering it's easy to see abuse, I guess only really dumb person would try cheat the logging and statistics system

the primary system of this is to highlight most helpful post / posts in thread

also check Your top navigation bar > Links > Most Helpful Answers http://forums.bistudio.com/helpfulanswers.php

Edited by Dwarden

Well we had post liking for a while, and that was switched off cause it was abused.

We had post tags for a while, and that was switched off cause it was abused.

It just seems odd to keep putting that sheep in the pen with the wolf... "He wont eat it this time..."

Also, I remember we lost a few things because they were slowing down forum performance, yet now we've got more faux-social media things than ever.... Just sayin...

Well we had post liking for a while, and that was switched off cause it was abused.

We had post tags for a while, and that was switched off cause it was abused.

It just seems odd to keep putting that sheep in the pen with the wolf... "He wont eat it this time..."

Also, I remember we lost a few things because they were slowing down forum performance, yet now we've got more faux-social media things than ever.... Just saying...

yes but that was something else ... tags can be re-enabled too if done right, BIForums of today aren't easy to roam if you attention troll ... moderators and admins have tools from future ;)

Just seems a bit superfluos - can't understand why we need 40+ social networking thingys attached, or LIKE functions, or all that.

Anyway, has the RTM spam timer been upped? 300s is a bit of a long wait, I'm more likely to not bother reporting the post in question.

Just seems a bit superfluos - can't understand why we need 40+ social networking thingys attached, or LIKE functions, or all that.

Anyway, has the RTM spam timer been upped? 300s is a bit of a long wait, I'm more likely to not bother reporting the post in question.

there is not 40 social thingies, it's one ... simple field, url, two png ...

anyway what you mean with RTM spam timer ?

I meant the collection of little icons under your avatar ;)

Are you rocking the Russian Veteran look these days?

(I'm just joking with you).

RTM - Report to Moderator - it's been set to 300 seconds, and just through the course of my morning's visit on the forums I spent most of the time waiting for the timer to finish counting down. I understand we need a timer to prevent spam, but 300seconds just makes me feel like not bothering to report the post.

tell me if it's better now ;)

my medal line is huge cause i needed test them ...

I see we've ventured into "vote for this post" territory again.

Is there really any need for it, or did it just come along in the last updates?

I wanted a best answer function similar to the one in IP.Board, this was apparently the best that Vbulletin has, if you can write us a best answer plugin rather than the +1 system we'll be happy to use it :)

---------- Post added at 13:23 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

300 seems way too long, can't see a reason for it to be that high.

Is that signature resizer a definitive feature ? If so, considering how ugly it is, what the maximum size of a signature picture that doesn't need to be resized ?

Is that signature resizer a definitive feature ? If so, considering how ugly it is, what the maximum size of a signature picture that doesn't need to be resized ?

I'm not sure why is it suddenly doing that. I'll look into it. It's certainly not intended as far as I'm concerned. :)

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

This should be fixed now, the limit was set too low (below the signature width limit declared in the forum rules) in a recent update.

I'm not sure why is it suddenly doing that. I'll look into it. It's certainly not intended as far as I'm concerned. :)

---------- Post added at 14:25 ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 ----------

This should be fixed now, the limit was set too low (below the signature width limit declared in the forum rules) in a recent update.

Great, that was quick, thanks :)

I can only assume something went retarded with language auto-detect, because the forum gave me this message this morning:

wat.png

Last time I saw a message in that position, it was warning not to share your search results url, which I assume this one is doing, just in a different language. Based on my location and IP, I would expect it to show in Czech if the language settings (English, obviously) failed.

Where do I seek assistance for the ArmA3 feedback web site?

Never managed to logon, after trying many things, my user name and/or password is messed up in the records ....

Feature Request

A long long time ago in a land far far away, Bioware used to have the best community forums I've ever seen. Fast forward to today and that's gone all to hell, while everyone else caught up. But one of the features that they had in their proprietary forum system that I've never seen anywhere else but always desperately wanted was a feature that indicated which threads that a developer has posted in. In the example forum I'm talking about, they simply had a little green icon next to said posts. And when you clicked on that icon, it brought up the thread in question, but with only the developers posts visable.

It was an amazing feature used to stay up to date on current development without the massive amount of effort involved in tracking down dev posts through search.

Any chance we could see this on BIS forums?

Feature Request

A long long time ago in a land far far away, Bioware used to have the best community forums I've ever seen. Fast forward to today and that's gone all to hell, while everyone else caught up. But one of the features that they had in their proprietary forum system that I've never seen anywhere else but always desperately wanted was a feature that indicated which threads that a developer has posted in. In the example forum I'm talking about, they simply had a little green icon next to said posts. And when you clicked on that icon, it brought up the thread in question, but with only the developers posts visable.

It was an amazing feature used to stay up to date on current development without the massive amount of effort involved in tracking down dev posts through search.

Any chance we could see this on BIS forums?

yes i love this idea, they actually have something similar on the ISI Forums (Racing Sim) http://isiforums.net/f/forumdisplay.php/6