Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

PC

1680 x 1050

Full screen browse, IE9

No resizing of the browser fonts

EDIT: Thats weird, its not doing it now .....

Before it was only displaying up to ".... only NO c"

EDIT 2: Will recheck when a new picture is posted .... bold font.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Found another bug, the letters in "my messages" are overlapping the icons:

Untitled.jpg

well that's not primary skin nor any serious problem , so low priority issue

Main menu (above forum table) - "Remember me" (right to the username and password fields): "me" jumps to second line, under "username".

Also in "vB3 for vB4" theme - "username", "password", "help" and "register" buttons are blue with black text, while the background for them is white. Wouldn't be a problem but the shape of the buttons makes them look... sticking out too much...

Edited by krzychuzokecia

My small complains / things I would like to change:

Bohemia Interactive Dark:

-icons are too bright and difference between new posts icon and normal icon is too small comparing to their brightness in surrounding dark areas

-quoted text (in post) and styles / languages list boxes are too bright

General:

-forum icons and topic icons have completely inconsistent styles

-2nd line under the topic name in topic list ("Started by username") is not important and could be smaller

Search Results topic list:

-in search results topic list the titles are cut (should be at least ellided)

-if you add titles to column instead to each cell (Replies / Views, Last post, Forum) - we get more topics on page and content will more clear (less redundant repetitive text)

the space between signature and text is on purpose ... it's locked with the the left column (avatar+group pic) etc.

i think i like it more because this way i can 'separate' easier where post body ends and signature starts

It´s not a bug, it´s a feature :eek:

I still find it unpleasant, ugly, and meh.

Another one:

in dark theme 'code' divs have white text on white background

read this in dark theme

btw: where is the preview button?

I like the new layout :).

That said the old layout really was excellent, so the new look isn't really an improvement over the old one, just pleasantly different :D

Another one:

in dark theme 'code' divs have white text on white background

read this in dark theme

Noticed this too.

I like the new 'bar' between sticky and normal threads - that's much, much better! Either you toned down the whites or my eyes are getting used to it now as well.

Anyway I am getting used to the new layout and rather like it now!

Whenever I click on the post nr. it won't open a new tab with the individual post as it used to. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

EDIT

I use Firefox

Edited by Maio
biscuits with honey

Whenever I click on the post nr. it won't open a new tab with the individual post as it used to. Has anyone else encountered this problem?

EDIT

I use Firefox

Same here, on IE9

I haven't been able to log on to the forums using my iPhone for some reason. Also, when I switch to the old forum style, it defaults back to mobile.

Abs

the mobile is default for mobile devices, but when you logged in it should remember the skin you use

the mobile is default for mobile devices, but when you logged in it should remember the skin you use

I still can't log in with my iPhone. :/

Also, every page I navigate to has an annoying tapatalk pop-up. This has been going on ever since you guys installed that plugin or whatever it is. Can it be stopped?

Abs

The Forum is still a bit strange since some things I was used to are different now. But all in one it looks good.

Only thing I dont like is the incompatibility to smaller screens (here on my work just have a native resolution of 124*786) some things are covering other contents. (see image below)

qf4cqlh3.png

But the mobile Version works great!

Memphis

Edited by MemphisBelle

Hello, currently, there is no way (AFAIK) to download or print a whole thread. The "printable version" is still sectioned into 100 posts long sections. Would it be possible to change the forum config to allow a whole thread printable or download version? There are some threads that would be good to keep offline in the whole for reference.

The image size restriction module or plugin or whatever seems to be misbehaving rather badly.

Yep, me too but for 2 groups. And like you I have no idea what is where :)

still working on setups of these things ...

it's possible some plugins might not work as expected so they will be removed after weekend

the notification is about social groups messages, you must set them to 'read' to get it removed from notify

it's some limitation in vB4 for now

I can't stop staring at the green Forum Rules. It draws me in with false promises and absorbs my soul. It's also making me want to preorder Carrier Command.

I can't stop staring at the green Forum Rules. It draws me in with false promises and absorbs my soul. It's also making me want to preorder Carrier Command.

both cases proves it works ;) hence no change