Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Hi, i find the available skins not as good and more confuse than the original old one; it's true that you adjust yourself to the changes, but that don't makes the change to be good by itself... .

i.e: A bullet in your spine, you can adapt yourself to live to with until that it moves 2mm to the wrong side and then you don't walk no more; is the change good!?, sure that you can adapt to live on a wheels chair or a bed, but that don't makes it good or better than the previous natural form just for be a change.

Let's C ya

Why don't ypu just make a comprehensible list of things that bother you instead of acting pedantic? Would be a lot more helpful...

EDIT:

For some reason i cannot delete or edit my own started groups, not can i see the full post history for myself or other members (be-friended or not)...

How can i switch from my profile page to main forums menu ?

You can't. At least, not that I've found. :(

But, don't worry! We still have the dancing banana!!! :yay: :yay:

added one of the vB3 for vB4 templates :)

:inlove:

If you could remove the blue line between post and signature it would be perfect.

I would like to suggest that you add a few spaces between the ad and the forum.

2bnvyv.png

Edited by Nicholas

btw. for lazy ones ;) if you scroll the forum page down and look at left there is quick listbox menu where you can select available skins :)

there is a thread for this go use the search button instead of making a new post

Please keep the vb3 for vb4 black and blue! It's awesome! :)

Abs

btw. for lazy ones ;) if you scroll the forum page down and look at left there is quick listbox menu where you can select available skins :)

Ah, great. I panicked for a few seconds because I couldn't find the design I'm used to for ten years know. (WTF? 9 and a half. Still... thats a LONG time!)

Please keep the vb3 for vb4 black and blue! It's awesome! :)

Abs

Yup! Default was a bummer and the old style always presented BI as very normal, open and friendly.

Black/Blue font now reveals BI as more mysterious and dark; disturbed even...

...I like it!

Are there some tricks to know for the new search engine ?

Previously terms that were helping me to find quickly what i wanted are now deemed "too common or too short" and trying to search by user usually either returns "no match" or does not return more than one or two results where it returned much more previously.

Hi, the vB3 for vB4 is better but still not the true old one, 'the good ol' one', this one still chaotic and uggy in a degree; the huge space between the last word and the post box bottom don't makes no sense and shouldn't exist, one line only of space between the last written word and the post's box and sky blue for the main sections of the forum (ArmA2, ArmA2: OA, ArmA3 etc..) damn it, the damn old forum, not this thing!!. Let's C ya

Why cant we have the choice to have the old theme that we were all so used to?

Also my post history isnt working! nither is my thread history! :(

Have no idea if this has been posted or not(Can't get search to do anything) and I am not reading through 49 pages to find out. Please fix search or tell me what I need to do to fix it on my end.

Nomadd

Have no idea if this has been posted or not(Can't get search to do anything) and I am not reading through 49 pages to find out. Please fix search or tell me what I need to do to fix it on my end.

Nomadd

You gotta give them time to fix it.

@Nicholas

I have no problem waiting patiently for them to fix it, just wanted to make sure I was not the only one having the problem.

Nomadd

@Max Power

If I go into ,say, A2+OA editing and use search forum , no matter what I try to search for I get nothing but

vBulletin Message

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

I have tried searching for just one word , multiple words etc. The old boards worked fine, I have not changed anything and that maybe the problem. I may need to change something. The only search that works for me atm is the search in the top right that searches everything and that is not helpful if i need some info on addaction inside the editing and scripting subforum.

The new style is kind of okish. What is bugging me most is the new forum is laggy. I miss the smoothness of the old vB 3.8 version. And the navigation at the bottom of the thread is missing; means a lot of scrolling.

Edit: Seems, when I click the "Compatibility Button" on IE9's adress line, the forum gets a little faster/smoother. Maybe vB4 is a little too old for IE9? :butbut:

Edited by Guess Who
additional info

I too am having trouble with the search engine. Before I was able to look at my profile and find all of my previous postings, now it only has "latest" which only shows what I posted today. I've tried multiple advanced searches for a post I know that I made about doors and I can't find it. Never had this problem before.

Less important, when I view the site from my Droid phone, it sets each page to mobile view, and I have to click "full" site at the bottom every single time I change pages. I don't like the mobile view and don't need it. Other sites I visit tend to remember when you change to full view, at least for that session. If this could be remedied that would be great. Also --- in mobile view, hidden sections like "spoiler" don't open when you click them, at least with Android's browser.

Well, I have to say that with my phone (a WP7) a single forum page took minutes to load, so I really appreciate the mobile version (for now :) ). But it didn't launch automatically when I browsed to forums.bistudio.com.

Anyway, I changed it at the bottom of the page and now it loads faster, even though with the old (full) version I had no problems at all. Would be great, if the new full site version would be as fast on mobile phone browsers as the old one was.

Some more notes:

- The spoilers aren't working for me too in the mobile browser (mobile skin)

- I also didn't find a way to edit my post in the mobile skin version (I'm editing from my PC right now)

- It would be great if the mobile version of the forums would have another URL, e.g. ml.forums.bistudio.com or something like that. Because when I'm not logged in, the normal (full) skin is loaded, which takes me minutes again... And after I log in, it doesn't turn back to the mobile version but loads the full version too... :(

Other than that I don't have a problem with the new forums, as many here have (apart from the red boxes ;) ). I guess we will get used to it sooner or later. :)

Edited by Undeceived

- Waaay too bright [vb3 for vb4] even from 10 feet away. The light blue colour where usernames are ok

- Darker styles are no better. ugly to look at and page number shortcuts are bottom of threads are unreadable

- Fonts are blurry

I haven't tested anything else because the eye strain is too much to handle for more then a few minutes at a time.

There appear to be some navigational "dead ends" with this new template. For example, when looking at a user profile, there are no links to navigate back to the main forum page.