Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

yeah, myke is right. Editing BIS Games would be more than appreciated, especially with more games being released in the near future (such as toh), who don't really fit in the BIS military theme ;)

Myke;1991123']I think with the already existing editing forums and the shortly upcoming (ToH' date=' A3) it would make sense IMHO to have a new main category like "Editing BIS Games" where OFP Editing (if still required); Armed Assault editing, ArmA 2 editing and later ToH Editing and ArmA 3 editing could find a place.

Just my 2 cents.[/quote']

Agreed, and yes, OFP (well, ArmA:CWA) editing section is still needed :)

Considering your post history, it's almost impossible for me to tell when you're joking. Case in point. :rolleyes:

no is not a joke asking a section or a sub-section in sticky only for vehicles&weapons polls. do you know how large it will come the "requesting vehicles/weapons" thread in a couple of mounths?hundreds of pages.

like the predecessor thread for arma 2.

could be wrong but i dont think that the depelovers have the time to remember and read how many times a vehicle was asked by navigating

through tons of posts.

just to make clear im not asking an huge and unique poll with everything inside. im asking maybe a decade of polls like: heavy vehicles, transport&light vehicles, jets, bombardiers, pistols, machine guns, assault rifles&sniper rifles,

attack helis, T helis and maybe another poll concerning anything else.

some of these polls can have 15(approximately) options or more like the

hypothetical rifle poll and another 1 like the attack choppers poll i guess that it doesnt needs more than 8/10 options. example:

op.1 : cobra

op.2: apache

op.3:tiger

op4: mangusta

op.5: mi-24

op.6:mi-28

op.7: ka-50

op.8:ka-52

if anyone else need the exigence to add an option well the request could be filtered by a moderator and maybe added.

take it as a way to make the forum better thought in 5 min. that can be improved. personally i guess that taking a look on what the comunity wants by using an Cyclopean thread of hundreds of pages containing weapons of all kind and vehicles of all kinds is the worst and boring way(for who needs to read it).

unlike a simple sub-section/section only for polls which they are easy to view.

you have just to click at the poll that you want and look at which kind of weapon/vehicle was asked more often.

just trying to help mate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

well it flow in my mind this idea.

isn't better, as i already sad in the post above, to create a sub-section with a decade of polls for vehicles and weapons instead to read a thread which will reach tons(hundreds) of pages in the next mounths?

a poll, even if they are 10 with 10/15 option each 1 is a faster spotlight on what the comunity wants instead to read a long list of requests in the same threads, it takes hours. taking note on the comunity desires by using polls it takes less than 10 min. the best way its to make the polls public.

and the choice of which option should be added on the poll, for example the main battle tanks poll, should be taken by the moderators which of course they know which choice could be acceptable and which not; you guys are in the forum from many years and thats give you a knownledge and the comunity and you guys can talk with the depelovers by asking them which faction they want to implement in the game....

so these 2 things make you able to choice which kind of tanks should be added on the tank poll. for example if someone comes, through a PM or a thread, to ask an indian or a south korean or an italian tank and you guys know that the next scenario will not implement italians, koreans or indian army you will annihilate this request.

or better: you dont give a damn to give us only the hardware avaible for each faction but you want to give us more toys to play with well, you can look at which toy is more requested.

Edited by ***LeGeNDK1LLER***

@***LeGeNDK1LLER***

There is no need to clutter any forum with such threads + polls. Developers are making basically only the stuff that's in their plans and fits into the game story/concept. Why they should spend more hours of work with extra stuff that does not fit? But maybe W0lle + other famous moderators would like to see your "moar polls naow!!111" initiative. Just go and try to create at least ten such poll/threads within 10 minutes...:p:D

Suggestion place the

ARMED ASSAULT / COMBAT OPERATIONS EDITING forum into ARMED ASSAULT / COMBAT OPERATIONS main forum. Like it is in ARMA COLD WAR ASSAULT / OPERATION FLASHPOINT. Just keep to one design and don't mix it up. :)

I think we need a section to discuss "How to use the forums" :cool:

"How not to use the forums," with an individual thread accompanied by a poll for every single example. :rolleyes:

I think we need a section to discuss "How to use the forums" :cool:
"How not to use the forums," with an individual thread accompanied by a poll for every single example. :rolleyes:

well i guess you guys are probably understimating how useless is to have a thread for every vehicle/gun/pistol all inside the same thread composed of hundreds of pages. is that a good way to use the forum? maybe yes, if you want to give the idea that your suggestions are taken seriusly but in fact they are not.

and by the way the only poll that i made that could be considerated useless

is the last 1 concerning the apache. the others are pretty much coerent with the game. asking for real fcs on tanks and mfd on choppers or to remove/rework the space bar function is not a bullshit and useless neither. otherwise i dont understand why most of the people is never voting in a contrare way to the suggestion's poll.

my 2 cent at the unjustifed sarcasm, honestly.

well i guess you guys are probably understimating how useless is to have a thread for every vehicle/gun/pistol all inside the same thread

It just makes it easier to ignore and/or moderate ;)

BI makes things for 2 reasons:

1. They need it for the storyline in the campaign/for warfare.

2. Because they like it.

There might be the occasional lucking into some community request sparking the interest of the developers, but to dedicate a whole board to it...

my 2 cent at the unjustifed sarcasm, honestly.

This tickled me, since I was not referring to you, nor any other particular members here.

This tickled me, since I was not referring to you, nor any other particular members here.

Nor was I.

mmmm...:rolleyes:;)

well than sorry.

May sound out of context, maybe but wondering if it were possible to add a spell checker option to the posts,

for when your about to, I personally have a stupid habit of spelling stuff wrong only because I type fast but for in general.

May sound out of context, maybe but wondering if it were possible to add a spell checker option to the posts,

for when your about to, I personally have a stupid habit of spelling stuff wrong only because I type fast but for in general.

Mine has a √ABC (check spelling) in the upper right corner, or is that an IE only feature?

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

I used Google Chrome and it checks the spelling as I type. It puts a red line under words that are spelled wrong. Just right click on it and it will give me suggestions for the correct word.

I have Firefox and it also puts a red line under the word, hmm i can also right click and it will do the same thing,

ahh i see, it gives me suggestions, Firefox and Google chrome must have similar features, thanks for the insight.

Any chance we can have a sort of tool to direct us to the posts we have made in a certain thread, I've been trying to find something I posted about a while back and it took ages, so something simple like this would be a real plus (maybe it could be incorporated into the picture on the left of the thread title, the one that signifys new posts and posts made in said thread)

Thanks!

@Viper

Not entirely sure if i understood but you may find all your posts by clicking on your profile name, go statistic and than find all post made by..user

Yes, but then you have to route through all of those posts to find the exact one, if you have posted a lot then it is more then one page ;)

I've been trying to find something I posted about a while back and it took ages

That's using the method you have just recommended, what I was asking for is a tool to go straight to the posts you've made in that thread while looking at say the new posts area.

Would "Advance Search" help you?

You can pick your name and a word or two that you remember making in the thread.

I've done that in the past and just now infact, and it only shows the thread in which those posts are located, and some of these thread are between 50-500 pages long....

There is another tick on bottom left,

Show Results as:

Threads or Posts (default is Threads)

Edited by SWAT_BigBear

That seems to do it.... would be nicer with a one touch results thing though :D

Hi,

If the forum have the rule of NOT quoting images, would be possible to change to codes to when quoting someone to replace the [/img ] with [url] [/url ] ?

I would save time for the mods, avoid infractions (3 in a row? ...) and whoever see the post can click in the link and see the actual image (or thumb).

Maybe there is something wrong with the messages system? For some reason my IP address is banned for over a month now. I have send a PM to a webadmin and used " the banned IP address page" to send 4 messages to the forum admins. Up till now I have had no response as to why I am being banned. Could one of the webadmins please come forward and tell me if there is something wrong with the message system and inform me about why I am being banned?

THX!

Maybe there is something wrong with the messages system? For some reason my IP address is banned for over a month now. I have send a PM to a webadmin and used " the banned IP address page" to send 4 messages to the forum admins. Up till now I have had no response as to why I am being banned. Could one of the webadmins please come forward and tell me if there is something wrong with the message system and inform me about why I am being banned?

THX!

Please send me the details by PM, especially the IP range and I look into it asap. :)