Placebo

New Forums: Feedback thread - Bugs/Suggestions here please.

Yeah, I logged in for the laugh and sure enough, there was one waiting for me there.

My old trip reminds me - any chance of bringing back the Stars? :p

I've checked and the BI support email isn't blocked (support@bistudio.com?). Doesn't show up in the inbox OR in junk. I've tried several times over the past 10-12 days or so to no avail. As a result I was forced to make this new account. The account I wish to recover is in my signature. I'm using hotmail, by the way.

Sorry if I missed something that I should have read, I looked around for a little while and figured I might as well just make this thread. Also, sorry if this is in the wrong section, but I didn't see any forum-specific support sections.

ApacheCobra2

I'm on it.

Anyone can make a new thread in the arma 1 news forum. Check permissions.

Anyone can make a new thread in the arma 1 news forum.

Not anymore ;) Thanks :)

Blue is the only color available, there are no others.

Someone somewhere requested to bring back the old stars which were dependant on your postcount. Since that's not possible we have now a usertitle system based on the USMC rank structure.

Some users already have their new usertitles, the others will get them anytime soon.

Don't even think to spam the forums in order to get a higher rank or you might end up as private. ;)

Cool idea. How does the system work? (i.e. what ranks correspond to how many posts)

Cool idea. How does the system work? (i.e. what ranks correspond to how many posts)

If I tell you that the forums are DDoS'd with spamposts by tomorrow. :D

Private - 0

Private First Class - 11

Lance Corporal - 41

Corporal - 61

Sergeant - 101

Staff Sergeant - 201

Gunnery Sergeant - 401

Master Sergeant - 601

First Sergeant - 801

Master Gunnery Sergeant - 1001

Sergeant Major - 1401

Warrant Officer - 2001

Chief Warrant Officer - 3001

Second Lieutenant - 4001

First Lieutenant - 5001

Captain - 6001

Major - 7001

Lieutenant Colonel - 8001

Colonel - 9001

Brigadier General - 10001

Major General - 15001

Lieutenant General - (reserved)

General - (reserved)

Hello,

So you get to keep sensible names like "moderator" and we all have to look like 14-year old USMC fanboys. That ain't fair :p

Hello,

So you get to keep sensible names like "moderator" and we all have to look like 14-year old USMC fanboys. That ain't fair :p

I solved that problem especially for you by giving you a fancy custom title, hope you like it. :D

Impressive rank list, looks like BIS got something right :cool:

But can I get my old non-meaning title back, this is kinda silly.

I solved that problem especially for you by giving you a fancy custom title, hope you like it. :D

Epic! :) I kinda like the new titles, I saw them in another post and was like, sweet new stuff!

Haha, well done! :D

Time to remove/change some of the sticky topics in the ArmA2-General section?

Lalallalala :D

Hello..

I do not want to give any type of complain and suggestion for this because according to me it is good in its way. Features of this are really good and help for others is really good thing. Thank you very much friends for your different

types of opinions.

too many posts to look thru to tell what has already been said but the log in time out is ANNOYING, i read one whole page of a thread and by that time i am logged out and have to re-log in to post a comment. what is the timeout set to, 2 minutes? we should be able to set our time out length, say 5 minutes, 10 minutes or never would be great options :)

A couple of days ago I started a new thread with something that should have been posted here. I was expecting that thread to be deleted or closed, but that didn't happen. I guess it might make sense to repost it here. So don't be mad for double posting :)

I just saw that a thread I started in the arma 2 addons forum has been moved. I'm not sure of why, since my intention is to write an addon, at least at the moment, but I think that there might be a reason for this confusion: the addons forum and the mission editing forum are both used for scripting. A generic question about scripting (like my question about namespaces) can probably fit in both. And more than once I thought about double posting.

I would suggest a generic forum for scripting, a forum for mission editing, and a forum for addons.

Does it make sense?

There's a good chance that it was me who moved it because I thought it would fit better in mission editing than addon scripting. Not sure though but I'm sure there was something like that.

Double posting is a bad idea and gets you only in trouble, please refrain from that. :p

If you want that thread back into addon editing, we can do that no problem.

Generally if you talk about a thread, especially if you want us to do or look into something, add the link to the thread in question as we don't search for that thread first. :)

There's a good chance that it was me who moved it because I thought it would fit better in mission editing than addon scripting. Not sure though but I'm sure there was something like that.

Not a real problem. I just wanted to point out that there are two forums for scripting. Although there can be differences between addons and missions, I would say that scripting is scripting. Many issues are common to both.

Double posting is a bad idea and gets you only in trouble, please refrain from that. :p

Ah, and that's because I said don't be mad :)

I'm sorry, but I felt depressed because no one was looking at my nice thread. Well, it's not the first time that it happens in these forums, but this time I thought it was simply because I posted in the wrong place. As I said I was expecting my thread to be deleted or closed.

If you want that thread back into addon editing, we can do that no problem.

Generally if you talk about a thread, especially if you want us to do or look into something, add the link to the thread in question as we don't search for that thread first. :)

No, as I said, both forums are good for that, and that's what I mean. Now the thing is that I don't even know where I have to post myself. I'll keep posting in the mission editing forum, just because it seems more crowded.

Again, it was not about the thread itself; I think it's fine with the mission editors. I just wanted to suggest something that might make sense. If it doesn't it's okay, nonsense for me is pretty normal :)

Maybe its just me, but I think the notification for new received private message could be a bit less discrete. (nitpicking)

You can easily miss it if you aren't specifically checking the right-top box for it. :)

Edited by sparks50