Sign in to follow this  
plumose 219

Pbo

Please can any body help how to extract and create pbo files,i use to now how ,but my computor pack up on me and i for got how to do this thanks plum.

Edited by plumose 219

ive put in cpbo in my computor and it creates pbos but i cant extract pbo

can any body help me thank you .................plum.

Edited by plumose 219

if I recall correctly all you need to do is double click on a pbo and cpbo will extract it for you.

i can create pbo files ,but cant extract them back .............please help .............plum

Please do not double post. There is an edit button you can use.

Also bumping your thread because you don't receive an answer might result in people ignoring you even more.

cpbo:

Extracts and creates PBO files. Run from windows explorer to

associate it with directories and PBO files, after which you

can extract PBO files by double clicking, and create PBO files

by right clicking a directory. Also can be used from console.

The PBO path prefix is saved to and read from a special file

called $PBOPREFIX$ in the directory.

Unpack the cpbo.exe to a folder in your HD, like in your ArmA installation folder. Doubleclick on the exe and you are asked if you want to associate pbo files with cpbo - answer with yes.

Now select a pbo file and rightclick on it, in the popup menu you now have an "extract" option. Select it and the pbo is going to be extracted at the same location of the pbo file.

sorry im a pest,but im not getting the extract option in the dropdown menu.... im only getting open option.....sorry

Edited by plumose 219

Same problem here (Vista Issue Possibly), I also can't see the Warfare Mission files but I can play it?

Checked it out I have a Laptop with XP on it runs fine.

I'll look into Vista a bit further see if I can kick it into action...

Update 12 May 2009

1. plumose 219 can you confirm your on Vista?

2. create PBO does show for me in Vista.

3. when double clicking a pbo to open it in cPBO the script flashes and shuts down, is there anyway to add a debug crash to the start up?

-. I'm guessing it has something to do with the Vista permissions, when I use it to create PBO Vista asks for permission to execute cPBO once Accept has been pressed it does it. However to extract PBO it is not asking for permission.

Edited by HOPEnSPIRIT

Dont know if anyone still having issues with this but ill post this in case they come up with this post like i did lookign for an answer.

In Vista - Going into cpbo file properties and using xp compatibility and checking Run as Administrator has fixed it for me.

And if that doesn't help, then switch off UAC, User Account Control, and do the association again.

I use cpbo to pack addons and for extracting them i use Eliteness, I had the same issue as you on vista but my solution is a decent way round the problem.

Hi, what i've always used for Pack & Unpack .pbo files in the Armed Assault as well as in the

OFP days is:

The Voyager's PBOview 1.1 (From OFPEC.com).

Without any problem (on XP) works well, is fast, you can check the files inside the .pbos

without the need of unpack the whole addon etc; and it's OFPEC quality certified, thing

that i can't say about the Keg's addons, the Raikonnen's F1 tittle... and many more things

from findland that i don't gonna talk about. Like the Keg's mom.

So... if you have problems with "those keg's tools..." try that excelent tool made by Voyager

and your problems will go away in the same time that you open a .pbo with this amazing tool.

P.D: No one else supports this message other than my three beers; but i approve it anyways. Let's C ya

do these tools work with arma2 pbo files?

i used them to extract and the resulting p3d cannot be read by oxygen 2. it gives me an error.

Hi, what i've always used for Pack & Unpack .pbo files in the Armed Assault as well as in the

OFP days is:

The Voyager's PBOview 1.1 (From OFPEC.com).

Without any problem (on XP) works well, is fast, you can check the files inside the .pbos

without the need of unpack the whole addon etc; and it's OFPEC quality certified, thing

that i can't say about the Keg's addons, the Raikonnen's F1 tittle... and many more things

from findland that i don't gonna talk about. Like the Keg's mom.

So... if you have problems with "those keg's tools..." try that excelent tool made by Voyager

and your problems will go away in the same time that you open a .pbo with this amazing tool.

P.D: No one else supports this message other than my three beers; but i approve it anyways. Let's C ya

I am not just digging up old threads, this is an honest FYI, for anyone having trouble with pbo files.

I DL'ed Arma Tools, and could not get it to work. For some silly reason, it actually 'attached' its self to other things, and I could not even get system restore to work in Windows (7). I managed to restore in Safe Mode. Whew! I was actually upset and worried. I sure did not want to reinstall my OS.

So, two weeks later, after finally giving up on a way to get Arma Tools to work, here I am. I DL'ed Voyager from the link above. Works perfect. (And yes, with AT I tried every thing in this thread, and too much other stuff.)

EDIT: Sorry I came back so late to say... I do not blame Arma Tools and the place I DL'ed from for what happened to me. I write it off as one of those weird Windows (7) events. BUt, the Voyager did work for me where as the other did not.

Edited by CyOp

I cant extract .PBO files!

HELP please?

1. I run cpbo.exe, I get popup win " No parameters Do you wish to cpbowith PBO files and directories(Explorer right click menu)?

2. click yes. then "done-popup"

3 Nothing happens at all.

I Right click on the PBO file and I can only chose " Open" if I do then ARMA2 just start.

And in internet explorer I have no idea what to do. I have RIGHT click on everthing I can in EI and try to find anything that has to do with the PBO file. and open up files & exe with EI. EPIC FAIL!

isnt there a PBO program that works like WINZIP or WINRAR!?

somthing SIMPEL!

Some one please help how to extract PBO files!?

I cant extract .PBO files!

HELP please?

1. I run cpbo.exe, I get popup win " No parameters Do you wish to cpbowith PBO files and directories(Explorer right click menu)?

2. click yes. then "done-popup"

3 Nothing happens at all.

I Right click on the PBO file and I can only chose " Open" if I do then ARMA2 just start.

And in internet explorer I have no idea what to do. I have RIGHT click on everthing I can in EI and try to find anything that has to do with the PBO file. and open up files & exe with EI. EPIC FAIL!

isnt there a PBO program that works like WINZIP or WINRAR!?

somthing SIMPEL!

Some one please help how to extract PBO files!?

I've enountered the same issue as described by Mr Pedersen here.

Win7 x64 Ultimate user here!

Awesome, the voyager program worked!

I had issues with being able to open some PBOs but not others with cpbo and PBO archive unpacker, but voyager did the trick

You need to run cpbo as administrator then click yes and right click on pbo file you will have that option.

Im new to the PBO tools. Im just now getting use to them and find Voyager an top tool. Iv got it woking on some addons that came with config files, but im having trouble opening an pbo to change the config. Iv dl AH6 Hud and would like to chage the config file so it does not say "require 1.59". Addon comes with an pbo file, so i open that pbo up with PBO View and extract the config thats in the pbo, afther that i change the config. When i open the changed config with Pbo View i click on pack, i chose the path where the AH6 Pbo is and it makes an new pbo file, i open up the new pbo and there is no config file in it. How do i get the config file i changed into the pbo file?