Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Indiana Farmland

if_102.jpg

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Full Image Set on Flickr

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Indiana Farmland - Release

Ok, so basically this terrain is 1.2km squared of real world data.

The location is in centeral Indiana in the United States of America.

The map is High Detail, Alot higher than Camp Lejeune,

High Fidelity Geo Specific Placement of Objects.

Clutter is realistic to source photo.

Good for small wooded area fighting.

I tested this morning and had 50fps so, frame rate is ok.

Been working on this one for about 6 months,

Now hold on before you think oh great another rubbish map.

Just have a look at it first and let me know what ya think I should Improve.

I really hope you like this, as I think it is one of the best I have done so far.

-Massive Detail Overhall

-Realism added

-Fixed Roads

-Fixed Trees

-Fixed Clutter

-Improved Mask

-Overall Detail Improved

Download 1.02

Mirror 1 - OCH Studios

Mirror 2 - Armaholic

Please test it out and honestley let me know what you think.

Cheers,

OChristie

Edited by OChristie
Update

I'll have to test this out, I'm from the good old state of Indiana, and I live on a farm. Let's see how close this really is tounge2.gif

Nice will test asap and maybe get a few more screensshots tounge2.gif

BK nice job, thats a shot of the whole area:

indiana_bk.jpg

Tips:

- put in houses that we can enter

- another road leading to north and a small settlement there

- add some high fences around couple of factory complexes?

- add a forrest area and a road leading through it

Thank you IceBreakr,

Quote[/b] ]Tips:

- put in houses that we can enter

- another road leading to north and a small settlement there

- add some high fences around couple of factory complexes?

- add a forrest area and a road leading through it

Tips Answer:

- Ok, That will be done.

- It doesnt exist on the satellite Image and I want to keep it as realistic as possible

- Ok, That will be done. (Too an extent)

- It doesnt exist on the satellite Image and I want to keep it as realistic as possible (but will see where it could be done)

Realism is my aim smile_o.gif But thank you IceBreakr that helps alot smile_o.gif

I reformatted my PC today so I won't get the opportunity to test this anytime soon but. If this is northern Indiana then there should literally be no elevation above 10 meters. Also, it's very redundant here if you decided to expand this map be sure to include large gaping rural blocks with giant farms & fields of corn and beans in the middle.

I'm from Indiana, and I have to say your map looks about what it looks like when I'm flying over the countryside.  Nice job! thumbs-up.gif I had to laugh when I saw the thread title, though.  World's most boring addon was the first thing I thought when I saw it tounge2.gif

About where in Indiana is this map based?

-Pilot

EDIT:

My AVG software claimed that the hosted file (or some part of the website) was infected.  Can someone verify and/or host a new mirror?  If I can get a hold of the copy I can host a mirror from Mediafire.

EDIT 2:

Where abouts do you hail from Binkowski?

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2954816.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

Thanks for the mirrors guys.

@ProwlerWolf

At this moment in time it is just going to be a small island, I would only recommend land based interforest CQB and small light vehicles roles.

@Student Pilot

Haha you are right it does sound boring, Real life isnt always fun wink_o.gif Thanks mate, umm not sure why AVG is saying that, ill have a look.

Map has a limited usage now, for example:

- training of your squad guard duties (protect a vehicle park or ammo dump) while terrorists attack from a hidden forrest camp on NW

High grass/undergrowth in that area makes it difficult to do security ops smile_o.gif but still, due to limited terrain size and objects it is closer to a paintball/airsoft practice field than a map to plan missions on wink_o.gif

I think it's nice to see something different for a change. I've seen a map based off of the Northeastern wilderness, now we have one based off of the midwestern farmlands.

The size of it doesn't bother me either, there's enough space for some fun.

I wish you would make this map bigger and include some kind of city, which will convince me to make Indiana police and other emergency vehicles instead of me abandoning my civillian projects due to people ripping them off and focusing my art talent on making ArmA rocks.

But we all can't have our cakes and eat them, so I guess I'll make a nice, shiny, pretty rock when I come home. Maybe I'll make a rock that you'll want to put in your forest.

That rocks souns great wink_o.gif

Next project will be a larger map.

This is a very cool map, and I am having a lot of fun with it!

The only problems I see with it is that I can never get the AI to drive on the roads (or off for that matter). Whenever I place a move waypoint for any type of vehicle, the AI will either just sit there, or drive 5 meters, pull over to the side of the road, and stop... When on foot however, the AI is just fine and can at least walk to their destinations, just not on roads.

Despite that little shortfall, I absolutely love this map, and haven't played on any other map since this one was released!

-Massive Detail Overhall

-Realism added

-Fixed Roads

-Fixed Trees

-Fixed Clutter

Download 1.01

Mirror 1 - OCH Studios

Edited by OChristie

Coming along nicely. A couple of things I suggest:

1. Fix the road intersection by using the proper road terminations.

2. Use the road smoothing script on all roads, including gravel roads.

3. Decrease the height of your clutter.

4. The sand color texture contrasts too much. Edit the color to blend in more with the farmland. Decrease brightness and saturation.

5. The sand texture mask needs to be adjusted as it is only on one side of the road, while it should be on both to create road shoulders..

6. While the fences may be accurate, the AI simply cannot handle path-finding with extended object barriers, and they won't jump over. You need to have multiple gaps in the fence 3-4 meters wide for the AI pathfinding routine to use it. Anything narrower will be ignored.

Nice Map! :)

Dont listen to the nay sayers as its a great idea and I wouldnt mind a bigger version.

I live in Ohio now and have lived quite a few years in Indiana as well and I can say that the terrain is excellent potential for missions. Infantry would prolly use the drainage ditches along the major roads and farm edges. Also the small treelines kinda have a hedgerow affect to them blocking line of site. Great potential for large tank battles as well. Strategic points would be scarce and fought over hard. Some examples could be an airfield, small town(w/basketball courts! Indiana is biig on basketball lol), maybe a small military base. anyway just some thoughts, good work!

@Jim

I'm in Indiana xD and it's about the same here. But, I'm a northerner so it's flat as hell up here. But, this map is excellent great potential, and I've had some experiences on this map. Love it, keep up the great work.

if_102.jpg

Indiana Farmland - v1.02 Release

-Massive Detail Overhall

-Realism added

-Fixed Roads

-Fixed Trees

-Fixed Clutter

-Improved Mask

-Overall Detail Improved

Download 1.02

Mirror 1 - OCH Studios

Please test it out and honestley let me know what you think.

Cheers,

OChristie