Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

they're there. You see an instance where an enemy attempts to throw one. BIS wouldn't leave out the basics.

they're there. You see an instance where an enemy attempts to throw one. BIS wouldn't leave out the basics.

Yes. But what are they. Did Claymores, IED's, etc get added.

In the sceenshot of the editer. In armor. It show the choice of LAV 25 & LAV 25 (HQ). Will this be the LAV C2?

Very impressive list of vehicles coming to this game. I must say, the more I read about this game, I am further astounded how great this game will be. :)

There are also Copperheads (laser guided artillery rounds), at least they are mentioned in one of the screenshots. Now the questions is who fires them as they seem to be designed for 155mm tubes (if Wikipedia is correct, that is :rolleyes: )

There are also Copperheads (laser guided artillery rounds), at least they are mentioned in one of the screenshots. Now the questions is who fires them as they seem to be designed for 155mm tubes (if Wikipedia is correct, that is :rolleyes: )

That's a good question. Why did BIS put a M119 in a Marine base game/simulation anyway? I know a lot of people outside of the US can't access info on the US/NATO military. But BIS work with the USMC. So they of all people would know the Marine don't use the thing. It's too small of a caliber weapon. Why didn't they add the M198? Are even the M777 (BF2 has them). I think sometimes the guys are clueless about the hardware the US/NATO military use. Are having very poor researchers on staff? Unless they are going for that multi service feel. Than they would have to add C-17's to the lineup. So some airborne troops (82nd Airborne) can jump in with them. And I know some people (understandable) can't tell the difference between the services.

I must admit that I'm extremelly disapointed with BIS because they kept that same "stupid" arcadish "vertical situation" radar for the vehicles (tanks, helicopters, aircraft, etc...) instead of a more realistic looking radars or FLIRs (depending on the vehicles)! So I guess that we will also have the same "TAB" key (for locking targets) as we currently have in ArmA! :(

I just hope that BIS still backs out from this arcadish radar concept, but I guess that will only happen in my dreams... Let's see how OFP2 will handle this targetting feature...

Well as stated the USMC have a HQ vehicle. It's an LAV-25 (HQ). Also I've seen a picture that appears to show the player marking a target for a missile strike, maybe we will have cruise missiles - Picture.

yuuuup

Where did you see that they are adding Claymores and IED's.

I haven't seen any grenades & explosives for ArmA 2. Has anyone ease noticed. Are just me. Why didn't BIS add these items to the weapons list:confused:

Here you go Grenades In Gear

And here is the UH-1Y HUD Off in game picture - Here

Also I've updated the Confirmed & Suspected Vehicles List with all the new vehicles revealed in the previews Here

Off Topic:

Ghille Snipers - Here

The radio communications seem to be improved with a different radio message style.

Instead of man at 50 meters it seems to be Man dangerously close to us.

Instead of Enemy Man at 12 o'clock it seems to be now Enemy Man Front Of Us.

There are also lots of other new radio communication messages, It even seems that the AI will report groups of enemies instead of just reporting individual units one at a time.

Edited by Big-Rooney

Well as stated the USMC have a HQ vehicle. It's an LAV-25 (HQ). Also I've seen a picture that appears to show the player marking a target for a missile strike, maybe we will have cruise missiles - Picture.

Where did you see that they are adding Claymores and IED's.

Here you go Grenades In Gear

And here is the UH-1Y HUD Off in game picture - Here

Also I've updated the Confirmed & Suspected Vehicles List with all the new vehicles revealed in the previews Here

Off Topic:

Ghille Snipers - Here

The radio communications seem to be improved with a more accurate radio messages.

Instead of man at 50 meters it seems to be Man dangerously close to us.

Instead of Enemy Man at 12 o'clock it seems to be now Enemy Man Front Of Us.

There are also lots of other new radio communication messages, It even seems that the AI will report groups of enemies instead of just reporting individual units one at a time.

Yes. That's a grenade (M64). But what other grenades & explosives are there? That was the question. Are there claymores, flash bangs, and other new items added to the lineup?

And still no answer on if the LAV (HQ). Is it the LAV C2? Are does it just says (HQ) with a standard LAV 25 with one extra antenna?

And the US military is trained to tell the distance of the object in meters. And the location on the object in a clock wise fashion. Danger close is when the enemy is upon you when you are not aware of it. So by time you hear this spoken. It will be in inches. Not meters. Where are you getting your military info from? Are you looking for realism? Are BF2?

Edited by ScorpionGuard

Yes. That's a grenade (M64). But what other grenades & explosives are there? That was the question. Are there claymores, flash bangs, and other new items added to the lineup?

And still no answer on if the LAV (HQ). Is it the LAV C2? Are does it just says (HQ) with a standard LAV 25 with one extra antenna?

And the US military is trained to tell the distance of the object in meters. And the location on the object in a clock wise fashion. Danger close is when the enemy is upon you when you are not aware of it. So by time you hear this spoken. It will be in inches. Not meters. Where are you getting your military info from? Are you looking for realism? Are BF2?

Right Answers.

1: I was answering the grenade statement thats all, notice the part where I also ask if Claymores and other explosives will be added, Don't jump on my back for pointing out what I've seen in the previews.

2: It says LAV-25 (HQ) thats it, There is no picture just the name.

3: Apologizes for the accurate statement, Thats the way the radio communications look and in the picture of all the previews I've seen, If I was looking for absolute realism like you seem to be, I be on the same side as people like Wipman, I'd want to have that HMMWV removed, I'd want the A-10 removed, I'd want the F-35B removed, I'd want the Entire Game CHANGED so thats its not an unrealistic war being fought with some unrealistic forces fighting it, I wouldn't be buying the game if I wanted as realistic as that now would I, I'd be waiting to see what crap Codemasters can come up with,

Now back on track, Where are you getting your military info from?

Laser guided arty is a Soviet trick.

Right Answers.

1: I was answering the grenade statement thats all, notice the part where I also ask if Claymores and other explosives will be added, Don't jump on my back for pointing out what I've seen in the previews.

3: Apologizes for the accurate statement, Thats the way the radio communications look and in the picture of all the previews I've seen, If I was looking for absolute realism like you seem to be, I be on the same side as people like Wipman, I'd want to have that HMMWV removed, I'd want the A-10 removed, I'd want the F-35B removed, I'd want the Entire Game CHANGED so thats its not an unrealistic war being fought with some unrealistic forces fighting it, I wouldn't be buying the game if I wanted as realistic as that now would I, I'd be waiting to see what crap Codemasters can come up with,

Now back on track, Where are you getting your military info from?

"Now back on track, where are you getting your military info from?"

I get my info from US Army, & Marine Corps Manuals. I receive them from different sources such as the internet & DoD. Other sorces like my sup was a Marine. My uncle 34 year Army (1969-2003).

Edited by ScorpionGuard

Right Answers.

There is a picture I just can't remember where it was. It has no turret and has an mg pivot toward the front. I wish I remember where I saw it. I am at least pretty sure I saw it. It was either that or I am confusing it with the Russian one.

EDIT: Side noteWhats on the left-center and burning?

EDIT #2: Maybe I was dreaming up the LAV (HQ). I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't figure out where it was.

Edited by Jakerod

I get my info from US Army, & Marine Corps Manuals. I receive them from different sources such as the internet & DoD. Other sorces like my sup how was a Marine. My uncle 35 year Army (1969-2003).

Alright, I'll drop it here, I also get my info from manuals but you have close family in the forces, I only have some 2nd cousins that I barely ever talk to.

It looks like the control trailer for a UAV or something - but could be something to do with Warfare.

EDIT #2: Maybe I was dreaming up the LAV (HQ). I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't figure out where it was.

It can be seen in the editor in this Picture

Also in that picture you can see that the Sides now also have Factions.

It can be seen in the editor in this Picture

I mean't I saw it in its physical form. I could've sworn in a screenshot or a video recently I saw it on the edge of the screenshot/video and it had an MG turret on top but no big turret. I just can't think of where it was and it is possible I am confusing it with the BMP-3 (HQ) but I haven't seen a picture of that one recently although you do get to see it in the Russian Faction Video.

I must admit that I'm extremelly disapointed with BIS because they kept that same "stupid" arcadish "vertical situation" radar for the vehicles (tanks, helicopters, aircraft, etc...) instead of a more realistic looking radars or FLIRs (depending on the vehicles)! So I guess that we will also have the same "TAB" key (for locking targets) as we currently have in ArmA! :(

I just hope that BIS still backs out from this arcadish radar concept, but I guess that will only happen in my dreams... Let's see how OFP2 will handle this targetting feature...

I agree with you, I would like vehicles to be less arcade and more interesting and more challenging.

But in defense of this arcadish radar I would say that, in real life, vehicle commanders/pilots can rely on their crewmen, other vehicles, UAV assets, datalink & screens, to help them build a mental image of the situation.

So, maybe, if this radar was much less accurate and would only indicate the approximate azimuth of the enemies (those which have been spotted) instead of giving the exact position of enemy and friendly units and if the tab-lock key was disabled, it would make the vehicle experience more interesting and challenging... (good idea for a mod maybe :p)

-edit : well tab-lock key may still be necessary if the vehicle is played from commander's seat.

Edited by MQ-9 Reaper

i dont know how you handle it but personaly i have much problems to locate the target the commander locked me on.^^

i dont know how you handle it but personaly i have much problems to locate the target the commander locked me on.^^

Even with the radar ?

no with radar is easy :)

maybe disable the radar and add a better commander gunner communication? have no idea how to realise^^

Also in that picture you can see that the Sides now also have Factions.

True - The USMC and CDF belongs to Blufor, Russia and ChDKZ to Opfor.

I just can't think of where it was and it is possible I am confusing it with the BMP-3 (HQ) but I haven't seen a picture of that one recently although you do get to see it in the Russian Faction Video.

I thought that was a BTR (HQ) of some sort, what time in the Russian Faction Video did you see the BMP-3 (HQ).

True - The USMC and CDF belongs to Blufor, Russia and ChDKZ to Opfor.

Does this mean that the forces will have independent identity and face systems.

AV-8B LGB Confirmed

Thanks Mafia101, Suspected it all along.

Also the there are two Ka-52's, But I think that was pointed out long ago, just reiterating.

Edited by Big-Rooney

I thought that was a BTR (HQ) of some sort, what time in the Russian Faction Video did you see the BMP-3 (HQ).

You might be right. I don't know much about recent Russian stuff. It is at 1:50 you can see it between the trees. Its the scene right after the machine gunner by the church like buildings stands up. Oh okay its wheeled so yeah I think its a BTR.