Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

Tanks are still being "drifted" by AI. Handling doesn't seem heavy. Although, in the Russian faction reveal video tanks seemed pretty heavy and handling looked good.

A T-34 very cool, prehistoric tank compared to modern tanks.

Maybe there will be updates like Queens Gambit for ArmA1 that add new tanks and vehicles for all the Factions in the game.

Maybe:

T-72 Variants

T-80 Variants

BMP-1P

BMD's

LAV-25 Variants

HMMWV Variants

+ Many More,

But Realistically I believe that most if none of them will come but that they will be developed by the Community and we will all enjoy some nice addons by the community, Also ArmA1 addons can be ported over apparently so all the good addons/mods can be ported and played on ArmA2.

I wonder if BIS will add the Expeditionary Fighting Vehicle later on?

Ah the EFV, how I hold onto the smallest hope to see that included

Hi! I'm a forum noobie but a OFP/Arma player since the hacked demo missions days. I have a question about the tanks in Arma 2 and I'm sorry if it's been discussed already but I couldn't find the answer!

I'm wondering how much detailed will the simulation aspect of the tanks be in Arma 2? Will BIS be carrying over the 'arcade' style tank controls from the previous games or give us something a little more realistic? I'm talking about proper IR Vision (not just Night Vision) and a Laser Rangefinder for accurate shooting. It wouldn't have to be as complex as Steel Beasts but making the gunnery more involving would be good. The same goes for the Air Vehicles- some better targeting systems rather than just clicking the mouse on the orange square on the radar would improve things immensely IMO.

Anyway I have my fingers crossed that this game will be the definitive military shooter we're all hoping for!

arma 1 featured Hmmw variants, I think arma 2 will also have Hmmw's in different loadouts like M2, Tow and Mk12 :)

Stagga, nothing we have seen yet has indicated this. But we probably wont know before the demo arrives.

Hi! I'm a forum noobie but a OFP/Arma player since the hacked demo missions days. I have a question about the tanks in Arma 2 and I'm sorry if it's been discussed already but I couldn't find the answer!

I'm wondering how much detailed will the simulation aspect of the tanks be in Arma 2? Will BIS be carrying over the 'arcade' style tank controls from the previous games or give us something a little more realistic? I'm talking about proper IR Vision (not just Night Vision) and a Laser Rangefinder for accurate shooting. It wouldn't have to be as complex as Steel Beasts but making the gunnery more involving would be good. The same goes for the Air Vehicles- some better targeting systems rather than just clicking the mouse on the orange square on the radar would improve things immensely IMO.

Anyway I have my fingers crossed that this game will be the definitive military shooter we're all hoping for!

I was wondering the same things myself. FLIR is essential for even semi-realistic aircraft use, for spotting warm people and vehicles against a cold background. Also, it is required to have the Javelin system function correctly, as the infrared signature captured by the CLU is what is uploaded to the missile for guidance. How did the Javelin work in ArmA1, because as I understand there was no IR in that game either?

The javelin in Arma, and all other guided missiles, works by simply bringing the weapon up and pressing fire. Its definitely one of the weakest points of the Arma "sim".

It seem that BIS is updateing the vehicle page. Also. When going to Wikipedia for infomation on ArmA II. The Ship/Boat list is six. While on the ArmA 2 page its four. The extra are the CRCC, and Wasp-Class Amphibious Assault Ship. Anything heard by the community about the upgarde this week?

The javelin in Arma, and all other guided missiles, works by simply bringing the weapon up and pressing fire. Its definitely one of the weakest points of the Arma "sim".

This actually doesn't bother me that much if FLIR can at least be modded in. With VBS2 being the military's counterpart to ArmA2, I would think FLIR would be essential to their simulations so I'd be surprised if the engine for some reason doesn't allow it.

Are different ammunition types supported for the same weapon? For example HE-I and APDS rounds for the 25mm Bushmaster, switched with the weapon's dual feed.

It seem that BIS is updateing the vehicle page. Also. When going to Wikipedia for infomation on ArmA II. The Ship/Boat list is six. While on the ArmA 2 page its four. The extra are the CRCC, and Wasp-Class Amphibious Assault Ship. Anything heard by the community about the upgarde this week?

That must been added because of the preview images and videos. And the CRCC because... it's the CRCC, it doesn't need another explanation. It's a standar boat now.

This actually doesn't bother me that much if FLIR can at least be modded in. With VBS2 being the military's counterpart to ArmA2, I would think FLIR would be essential to their simulations so I'd be surprised if the engine for some reason doesn't allow it.

Are different ammunition types supported for the same weapon? For example HE-I and APDS rounds for the 25mm Bushmaster, switched with the weapon's dual feed.

For some armor yes but not likely APC's. MBT's get Sabot and HEAT but it can be modded to be far more diverse then that and different ammo types included in APC's.

Can anyone conform that there will be a DDG & CG in game? And what other ships will be ingame? And what about subs?

For some armor yes but not likely APC's. MBT's get Sabot and HEAT but it can be modded to be far more diverse then that and different ammo types included in APC's.

Multiple ammo types are already in ArmA for tanks, aircraft, and APCs. The BMP2 and the Kamov both have HEI and AP ammo.

No, the marines doesn't use it. Still would have been fun if it was ported to the editor, its a fun helicopter to fly :)

Edited by sparks50

I see theres no Little Bird anymore?

Re-iterating on what Sparks50 said, Only the U.S. Army uses the MH-6, and Bohemia Interactive has nearly basically eliminated the U.S. Army from ArmA 2, which is a shame because ArmA 1 and OFP 1 featured the U.S. Army, and the U.S. Army uses really nice equipment.

i see theres no little bird anymore?

Don't worry, I'm sure someone will make an addon and or BIS will eventually add factions and vehicles via patch/expansion.

There's so many more cool vehicles in ArmA 2 than in ArmA 1, though. I can take the hit of not having the LB in the campaign. I'm sure it will take about 5 minutes for someone to port the ArmA LB to ArmA 2 if the EULA allows it.

Hi, one thing that i've always missed in the OFP and now on the ArmA vehicles, and that im

sure that i gonna miss too in the ArmA2, are the working wheels on the choppers; the SH70

have wheels for roll by the runway or things like that, but... "obviously..." we can't use 'em.

So we've to put the bird in the sky for move 5m forward on a plain LZ, now this is the thing

with the SH70 and the MV22B, i wish that that will change. Let's C ya

I severely doubt that they will change the ground handling of helicopters. Also, if you do that, you also have to worry about applying brakes and so forth. It would be nice to have some forward motion with helicopters on landing without taking damage, though.

I severely doubt that they will change the ground handling of helicopters. Also, if you do that, you also have to worry about applying brakes and so forth. It would be nice to have some forward motion with helicopters on landing without taking damage, though.

i know the mi-24 needs a short runway in order to take off fully loaded, so it would certainly make it more realistic to have ground handling for helicopters. But i don't know if they'll implement it or not.

I don't think they did, they take off vertically, likely this was either because of an early build or a balance mechanic. Granted it's to have simlike qualities it still has to be a game.

Hi, will be interesting to know if they've already fixed the back seats passengers height on

the back of the UAZs, if you've tripp on 'em in the ArmA, sure that you've noticed that you

can't look by the rear windows because your sight is too high and backwards, so a player

can't watch the side fire sectors from the back seats of a UAZ; and that's very bad. Let's C ya

I would like to see in the game GAZ-2975 "Tigr"(in English: Tiger) !!!

I want that mountain bike and motorbike were several colours!

Why are American planes, three! (in this case, one of them with a vertical landing!) + C-130J and MV-22 ... And in Russia - only two! (and not one with a vertical take-off) ? :(

i want to see in game of the russian opponent C-130J... :(

I hope that they did, just in section "vehicles" are not shown ... :rolleyes:

M270 MLRS opponent of the BM-21 Grad?

Why not "HIMARS", for example...

Or on the contrary, MLRS M270 have did opponent TOS-1 "Buratino"?

And hope that wrong "ЗÐÐœÐК" will correct on "КÐÐœÐЗ": :wink_o: