Sign in to follow this  
Big-Rooney

ArmA II: The Vehicles

For a fact, the UH-1Y will have pilot operated FFARs, the port and stbd pintle mounted miniguns would be crew-served.

No its both, you can access the miniguns both as served from a door-gunner, but you can also let them rest-in, so the pilot can fire them just like the FFARs.

Regardless of how its actually done, I just hope the AI manning the side mounted guns is better coded to actually be some use with the damn things.

Yeah. They hardly ever used those things. They should be set up to use more ammo per mission even if they don't have an exact lock on the badguys, especially now with the suppressive shooting.

but if they use more ammo they should rearm themselve automatically.

i often fought as squadleader and had to rearm every single ai member by myself...

or maybe a command "Squad rearm yourself" where all the ai member search new ammo by themself

In Arma 2 will possible change with place of the front passenger on place of the pilot immediately, not coming out of helicopter outward?

hope my remark is understandable... =)

I'm surprised there is very few units. I was expecting alot more from BIS. The Russians have the T-90A Vladimir but they don't have the T-80BV or the T-80U. I'd also like to see more aviation units and there should be a BMP-1P and BMD's (BMD-1P,BMD-2,BMD-3,BMD-4). Where is the BTR-80 and BTR-80A also ?. It doesn't make much sense why they chose to include the Ka-50 and Ka-52 when the Mi-28N is in greater quantities entering Russian military service than the Ka-50 and Ka-52. There is no M1126 Stryker also I see.

My only concern is that the Russian-equipped side don't seem to have an equivalent to the C-130 transport, like maybe the Antonov An-12. But, I am no military buff so I could be wrong.

Of course the campaign probably doesn't require the Russians to airlift in large numbers, but one such aircraft would be useful in multiplayer and user created missions, especially of large scale war.

I agree maybe an Il-76MD and An-12 would be excellent to see ingame.

Edited by Supernova

There is no M1126 Stryker also I see.

Stryker isn't used by the Marines... Situational awareness is the key word around here :wink_o:

EDIT: Did you just post the same post you posted in the pictures thread?

I'm surprised there is very few units.

I'm sorry, but when did 45 base types plus variants become "very few"

Jesus, people are spoilt these days... :rolleyes:

I'm surprised there is very few units. I was expecting alot more from BIS. The Russians have the T-90A Vladimir but they don't have the T-80BV or the T-80U. I'd also like to see more aviation units and there should be a BMP-1P and BMD's (BMD-1P,BMD-2,BMD-3,BMD-4). Where is the BTR-80 and BTR-80A also ?
I'm surprised there is very few units. I was expecting alot more from BIS. The Russians have the T-90A Vladimir but they don't have the T-80BV or the T-80U. I'd also like to see more aviation units and there should be a BMP-1P and BMD's (BMD-1P,BMD-2,BMD-3,BMD-4). Where is the BTR-80 and BTR-80A also ?

What's the point of cross-posting that over and over again?

Attention deficit syndrome maybe :confused:

Universal

+1 WL for crossposting, you are long enough around and as "military advisor" and "officer of the german army" you should know the rules.

@hardrock & the rest

Please, there is a report post button everyone can use for free ;)

Edited by W0lle

Did BIS implement some kind of modern stuff in their vehicles eg useable mapscreen, working communication devices for support (CAS, Arty, Medevac) and screen that link up to UAVs?

Is the AI in the Tunguska able to track and attack 3 targets simultaneously?

Cross fingers that the AI is using all kind of vehicles and weapons in a much better and proper way.

I had seen the stationary model, but I didn't know they had made a real one. Looks great!

lol thats amazing, the chedaki probably stole it from museum :yay:

Yep, i've got a lot of other ideas of armored things that could be stolen in a museum... :292:

markiv.gif

Edited by ProfTournesol
picture

Can someone make a pic of that T-34 from that video? My internet conection is terible now so it wont load.

Thanks.;)

t341i.th.jpg

t343.th.jpg

t342.th.jpg

click to enlarge.

Screenshots made from the Gamestar video, so relatively poor quality.

Did T34 have half finished interior? :whistle:

Not bad, I mean look's like they make interior there, so that may would lead that all tanks have interior but that's just a guess :p

Edited by Mafia101

Thank you very much.;)

Who knows? maybe there is more thing from the museums there. :rolleyes:

T-34 is nearly funny I think.

Do you remember the T-55 from OFP? That's a tank I would like to see ingame, but they made a T-34, also not bad.

It is always useful for mission design to have outdated equipment for rebel forces or to simulate a situation of weakness.

So I think it is a good decision to include that T-34.

I hope they added different "damage sections" for the planes.

I never understood why in Armed Assault the player was able to destroy the tail rotor of a chopper but wasnt able to destroy the engine of an aircraft? What I am pointing at is the fact that the engine of my harrier is still working in ArmA 1 after a SAM hit me. You should be forced to land the harrier or eject. (Apart from the fact the jet would be ripped into pieces i guess)

Just imagine a C130 doing an emergency landing with only 1 or 2 engines working... :rolleyes: - btw this could also lead into reduced engine power after having lost 1 of 4 for example...

but concerning VAZ 2101 and 2103 - BIS made fantastic work :)

very climatic cars , but 2106 and 2105 would be nice too

this T34 pictures not load for me, on miniatures i see T34, BIS used to give bonuses to games, like in Arma we had Camel, funny WW1 plane

here T34 , nice :)

WW2 mods will have one vehicle less to do :)

Edited by vilas

finally, this is sad to see all the vehicles; I want to have surprises at the first play.

I hope that BIS still have hidden bonus :D

BIS always made some bonuses or patches

i don't care if there will be surprises or not in release version , many vehicles always were coming with patches, so for sure half year after release there will be more vehicles