Sign in to follow this  
Pogoman

Insurgency (based off PR)

[ACE,AV]Insurgency1.095 :

a mission based of Project Reality's insurgency.

1.095:

http://rapidshare.com/files....bo.html

1.1 will probably be the final version. i've held off from releasing to the general arma community until i'm happy with it, 1.095 has pretty much met that standard so here it is.

it has been extensively tested and is stable/relative bug free

eg we finished from start to finish with a full server:

arma2009-02-1718-28-22-54.jpg

(though a lot has changed since that version).

i'll post the info from the briefing:

Objectives

Destroy all insurgent ammo caches. The number of destroyed caches can be checked using the radio.

Ammo caches are used by the insurgents as a source of reinforcements, the enemy will respawn on them unless a US soldier is within 50m of the cache.

There are also four AA site's the area. If they are all destroyed a Blackhawk will be available for use at main base on a 20 minute respawn timer.

Base Deployment

At the beginning of the mission, one squad leader will be given the ability to choose a location on the map for the main base to be deployed.

The only restriction is the squad leader cannot place the base too close to a town occupied by the enemy.

Note: if there are no squad leaders, or if the chosen squad leader takes too long to choose a spawn point, then a random selection of some predetermined locations will be made and the base will be deployed automatically.

Rally points

All Squad leaders have the ability to place rally points (using radio ALPHA), which are an additional spawn point for their squad only.

There are however some restrictions on placing rally points:

There must be two squad members within 20m of the squad leader for him to place a rally point.

If more than 2 enemies come within 50m of your rally point, the position will be considered overrun and the rally point automatically destroyed. You will then not be able to place another rally point for 3 minutes.

You cannot as a squad leader place a rally point if you do not have your ALICE backpack, or if you have requested a limited kit.

Intel

Every time you kill an enemy you will receive intel, which goes towards revealing the approximate whereabouts of an ammo cache or AA site on the map.

You can check the amount of intel your team has using the radio. For every 30 points of intel your team has, an ammo cache will be revealed.

For every 25 points of intel an AA site will be revealed.

Note: Only a maximum of two ammo caches and/or AA site's will be revealed at a time, however as soon as one is destroyed if your team has enough intel another will be revealed.

You can interrogate civilians for information, who may give you intel or even tickets.

Squad leaders give +2 intel, every other insurgent gives +1.

You have the ability to search enemy vehicles for intel, however if a vehicle is destroyed or occupied it cannot be searched. The amount of intel received is a random amount between 0 and 7.

Note that if you kill a civilian you will lose 10 points of intel.

Tickets

Tickets are the number of reinforcements or respawns your team has. This means that every time a player dies the number of tickets goes down by one.

The number of tickets can be specified in the mission lobby.

The tickets can be checked using the radio, and will also be displayed every time a player dies.

When the number of tickets reaches 0 players who die will go straight to spectator mode, and if all players are dead and in spectator mode the game will end.

Tickets can be gained by rescuing civilians if the option comes up in interrogation.

Note that if you abort the game it counts as your soldier dieing, and your team will lose a ticket.

If a humvee is destroyed your team will lose 5 tickets.

If an Blackhawk or stryker is destroyed your team will lose 10 tickets.

Kit limiting

Limited kits can be requested at the main base bunker, the stryker and rally points.

The rules are:

You cannot request a kit your squad already has.

Once you request a kit you will not be able to request another one for 2 minutes.

Once a kit has been requested, it will become available again after 5 minutes (note the weapon which came with the kit has to be lost).

random screen shots:

arma2009-02-1717-53-48-53.jpg

Notes:

This mission uses the ACE_map object, so only players with a map in their inventry can see the map. If you are near a player with a map you will get the option to view his map. Only squad leaders spawn with a map.

The Humvee's respawn after 5 minutes if they are destroyed, the stryker and blackhawk respawn after 20 minutes.

Players with the engineer kit can repair the humvees at the cost of 1 ticket.

The Blackhawk can be rearmed/repaired at the mainbase helipad.

CREDITS:

Author: pogoman

Note: the scripts marked as modified have been edited to fit in with this mission, not edited because they were broken. So do not use them for your own missions, use the originals.

Spectating Script ~ By Kegetys

Urban Patrol Script ~ By Kronzy

Respawning AI for UPS ~ By norrin (heavily modified)

MP Respawn Dialog ~ By Dr Eyeball (modified)

Random House Patrol Script ~ by Tophe of Östgöta Ops (heavily modified)

Dynamic Body Remover ~ by -eutf-Myke

GRF iedcreator ~ by foxhound (modified)

headbug fix from evolution.

AND SPECIAL THANKS TO:

The Project Reality mod team for making the gamemode "Insurgency" this mission is based on.

The AEF clan for helping me test the mission on their server and the GSA arma community/servers.

oh and Gunner for being my testing bitch :P

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100kb removed
  • Like 1

thanks for posting Pogoman smile_o.gif

unfortunately the link got corrupted confused_o.gif

Hooo ray at last Project reality in Arma thanks very much looking forward to playing this.

looks interesting, ive got a suggestion. zip the pbo up with a readme.txt and also a list of addons. ive been away from AA. so i dont know what afghani_village map is.

tnx

note its a coop mission but the ai are very challenging thanks to kronzy's UPS.

few pics from a game we played today:

an assault on an ammo cache with the blackhawk providing cover. there were zero casualties and we got it in about 2 minutes :

to the next cache!:

Image > 100kb removed

the blackhawk got this one:

Images > 100kb removed

Edited by W0lle
Images > 100kb removed

:/

heres a megaupload link, hopefully it will last longer:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MEGXNQPH

Quote[/b] ]looks interesting, ive got a suggestion. zip the pbo up with a readme.txt and also a list of addons. ive been away from AA. so i dont know what afghani_village map is.

tnx

i dont think an addon list is really essential. you just need the ACE mod and afghan village which can be found here:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=3525

Integrating the PR's gameplay to the Arma/Ace engine

SUPERB idea !

downloading right now

In my opinion this mission is by far superior to evolution or domination (one team)

blends teamwork (limited but not unlockable kits) realism and fun all in one nice package

plus i dislike games where every one is using different types of small arms (SCAR, m14,m4 m16 ect). i like how you choose weapon type at the beginning of the match. really superb

just wish some public servers had it loaded

ok fired up the mission. Tried to mark a base on the Map. It has to be outside the map zone? Once marked, the helo did not land and I had no option to bail out. What do I do?

it seems that the first guy on the server (or at least the one who sits in the BH copilot seats) is unable to bail out of the chopper. every one else seems to be able to. besides it is ussally a terrible idea to jump out of the chopper anyway. you have no idea where you are, or will land, and are usually killed very early on after touchdown by gravity or bullets. its faster just hit esc and respawn wile in the chopper

if someone is hosting the mission then they will not be able to jump out, this is an arma/ace bug. on dedicated servers everyone can jump out.

the mission is quite challenging i know, ideally everyone should be on ts (or communicating in some way) and you should have a squad leader who is familiar with the terrain. when chuting everyone needs to be very coordinated and land at a designated LZ, which i know is very difficult but when you pull it off and get a rally down in a good position its very enjoyable ;).

also the base doesnt not have to be outside the map zone, it just cant be in any towns, as they're too hostile (and also theres the problem of the base spawning inside buildings). try placing it in the open areas of the map around the towns.

if someone is hosting the mission then they will not be able to jump out, this is an arma/ace bug. on dedicated servers everyone can jump out.

the mission is quite challenging i know, ideally everyone should be on ts (or communicating in some way) and you should have a squad leader who is familiar with the terrain. when chuting everyone needs to be very coordinated and land at a designated LZ, which i know is very difficult but when you pull it off and get a rally down in a good position its very enjoyable ;).

also the base doesnt not have to be outside the map zone, it just cant be in any towns, as they're too hostile (and also theres the problem of the base spawning inside buildings). try placing it in the open areas of the map around the towns.

i wondered what was going on when i tried this mod. really liked the idea of it but couldn't eject so just killed the game.

edit - this inabily to eject is a mod killer for me. I couldn't find any servers hosting this over the weekend and can't run it myself to test. Could have been good but ultimately i can't play it.

Edited by twisted

Got a suggestion on gathering intel. As it is now you can use the radio to check if you killed someone (accurate with few players, at least).

I think it would be nice if you had to search the wounded/killed to get this information (or get extra points for capturing live insurgents and returning them to your base for questioning).

We started running this mission last week. Usually a group of us have been getting on the server between 7-8pm EST

TCombat.com A.C.E. 1.09

Pogoman,

Very nice mission, some very cool and interesting features. So much so I have loaded it up onto the TacticalGamer.com server 2 as the default mission!

A couple of observations from testing it tonight on our dedi server. When the Squad Leader selects a FARP location the Medic tent has a tendency to collapse upon base build, even on flat surfaces and with no other obstacles around?

Also we are noticing players often die when jumping out of the Helo at game start. Not sure if it's bodies clashing as they jump, but a respawn later and they are at the new FARP.

Other than that....its a HARD mission but very enjoyable, well done!

Can't wait to see this ported to ARMA2 (hint hint, nudge nudge.... :bounce3:). Lurve it!

I know, it requires avgani to be ported as well, and I'm guessing the reliance on ACE to make this very difficult as well?

We also tried running this a couple of times at TG and it kept crashing the server. Any ideas?

We also tried running this a couple of times at TG and it kept crashing the server. Any ideas?

since the last time i updated the mission i was using a fairly old ACE version there could be some conflicts with the newest ACE version, but other than that i'm not sure whats going on. i won't be updating it for arma1 since arma2 is out, and i won't do a direct port over to arma2, however many of my missions will be in the same style.

i'm currently working on a Project Reality style pvp for arma2 as an alternative to Dr Eyeballs devastation pvp's (i'm hoping the missions will compliment each other and draw more interest into PR style pvp missions in general).

since arma1 had such a small pvp base i think its important to try and get some decent (ie non deathmatch/ctf/berzerk) style missions out there before i give up and work on coop's :P.

Did this ever get ported to Arma 2?

I really enjoyed this mission above all others.