Sign in to follow this  
Bad Pilot

v1.15 beta

1.15 beta is great yay.gif, it's been out since Christmas.. xmas_o.gif and still most people have 1.14. Get it on!

ah, i see. Linux is lovely but if u prefer Linux to the joys of 1.15 then i can't help ya! wink_o.gif

multiplayer really does load better for JIP players, motorbikes are just great.

We switched back to 1.14 because not so many on 1.15 but it's unbearable and we've just gone back up to 1.15 after two days.

lots of people are getting put off by the fact that is beta and are waiting for the full patch to be released...although there is no reason to be put off...it is a fact...

with more than 3 months in beta state...it might be time to be released as a full patch?

Fully agreed. Its about 1 hour of work for BIS. Just increase the version number and upload it.

It ridiculous that the MP community stays divided just because it says "beta".

ah, i see.  Linux is lovely but if u prefer Linux to the joys of 1.15 then i can't help ya!   wink_o.gif

Well thats not very helpful to people who actually have Linux servers crazy_o.gif

I use 1.15b mostly becouse of US woodland camo soldats smile_o.gif.

The only help I can provide is to make a little noise in the community; the idea is that BI hear it and move with 1.15 before the whole thing dissipates.

I've always played the betas as they come. Now I actually have a stake in a Windows server and we want everyone to be a potential player on our server. And, like I said, going back to 1.14 was too unpleasant, despite the low beta uptake.

Yeah! Bring 1.15 official now. Grin. This post is mostly to make sure my account still works on here. Heh.

I can only agree - no need for beta so long, my server was on beta but due to an empty server back to 1.14 :(

It's like this every time we get a beta patch {sigh}.

I appreciate the main focus for BI will not be ArmA, but if 1.15 has been as stable as we all think then it's high time the community is using the same version again.

P

Some ppl already play with last pach 1.16. I think is time for BIS to go with this last patch now.

patch116.th.jpg

Hopefully they will release, we can only hope.

People thought that BI forgot them at 1.12 beta patch too, but the 1.14 patch arrived "out of nowhere", just slower than we expected. they are(hopefully) just taking their time with it.

Edited by sparks50

1.16.. it wouldn't surprise me. didn't it happen before 1.12 beta --> 1.14 release.

Nice to see a few more ppl on 1.15b but I guess a lot waiting for the official release. Any news or rumours?

if there would be a linux beta for 1.15 i would install it immediatly...just waiting for linux...not for the official release.

Like i posted elsewhere, 1.16b will come as beta again only for Windows (at the beginning) - Maruk told me that.

Thats why we now switch to windows now as well.

To much crashes, to much ballast and pressure i got from my own community with crashy/buggy linux 1.14 dedicated server....

Read here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1273438#post1273438

nope, cause that describes the windows server!

You can't update unless BI releases a linux server 1.15b.

btw. no crashes an problems with our linux server...runs smooth without crashes.

We even run some missions as persisten battlefield for a month sometimes :)

Then you are a lucky one or simply using a very dated distro/dated libraries...

Just to give you an idea:

server[17703]: segfault at 1ce ip b7e6f4a8 sp bff9e094 error 4 in libc-2.9.so[b7df4000+13d000]