Sign in to follow this  
blackheart_six

Mission Editor in Console?

Im even going to go as far as to say Good enough for OFP:DR If they are silly enough to take out mission editor then forget them. Of course I had that attitude all along when I saw arma 2. The true operation flash point sequel if you will! I own a 360 but if it comes out on PS3..........I may buy a PS3 or upgrade my computer. But Im hoping it hits the 360.

Here is another PS3 owner, eagerly awaiting ArmA 2...

To shun a next-generation console like the PS3 would be a bad move, as there are plenty of players on each console.

I myself would buy it on both PC and PS3, as gaming on PC is exquisite, but I have some good friends on PS3. There is another factor that would decide its popularity on consoles - friends.

News of ArmA would travel by word of mouth, and many people would be eager to play on a map 225 sq km big with their friends, on a UNIFIED social system (unlike PC with its various methods of finding people to play, e.g MSN, Xfire, ICQ etc).

I see no reason for BIS to leave out PS3, they can only profit on the amount of people with either console. There is a huge fanbase for both consoles, and great potential if it were to be released on PS3 and Xbox.

Here is another PS3 owner, eagerly awaiting ArmA 2...

To shun a next-generation console like the PS3 would be a bad move, as there are plenty of players on each console.

I myself would buy it on both PC and PS3, as gaming on PC is exquisite, but I have some good friends on PS3. There is another factor that would decide its popularity on consoles - friends.

News of ArmA would travel by word of mouth, and many people would be eager to play on a map 225 sq km big with their friends, on a UNIFIED social system (unlike PC with its various methods of finding people to play, e.g MSN, Xfire, ICQ etc).

I see no reason for BIS to leave out PS3, they can only profit on the amount of people with either console. There is a huge fanbase for both consoles, and great potential if it were to be released on PS3 and Xbox.

I agree, I hope it does come out for both PS3 and xbox 360. We need a real simulator, not some pieced together gutted game (OFP:DR). Im sorry but I feel as if not only has codemasters going to ruin the name operation flashpoint has made but go even further and show people this crap is acceptable. Well, now its ARMA 2 time. If this comes out on consoles, you would have so many guys who left the OTHER game to get this one. One reason.........include the mission editor and have it come to consoles.

I wonder if they will allow us to share maps with console users.

Be interesting to show console users some of the great maps that can be made on a PC.

That could be possible for ps3.. look at Unreal Tournament. You can mod on your pc and play on your ps3.

But Microsoft policy would not allow something like that to happen on the 360.

So for 360 you would really need an integrated mission editor like ArmA has now.

PLEASE BI allow us ps3 owners to play this game on our ps3. after ofp2 dropped the bomb i am now leanng towards ARMA 2. i can see that this game will be the true military sim and hopefully i will be able to play it on my ps3

Here here! But it will be.... band.gif  on the PS3.

Your best bet, buy a xbox360. You stand a greater chance of getting ArmA II for console.

There are MANY waiting for the OFFICIAL announcement about the platforms.

Which is coming soon, right BI?    whistle.gif

Well if it's only available on the 360, I won't be buying it. After 3 RROD, I gave up on MS. My days of dropping $70 on a game for that platform are over. My 7 year old son plays Star Wars Lego on it now. When it dies on him, I'll get him a Wii.

I bought the PS3 and have had it for a year and love it, no problems. If ArmA II does not come to PS3 it won't be the end of the world.

I will be buying OFPDR for PS3, despite the negative comments here, I am not sold on it being a dud. I understand the BI loyalty, but come on.

i dont by 360 games anymore, as my 360 is killing all my Disks, its my 3rd replacement and they wont replce it anymore. Yet it still is killing my games.. doesnt matter if its standing up or not it marks the disks so bad they become unplayable so no point in spending a lot of money. PC ftw biggrin_o.gif

Edit: there website says

Platform:

PC and Next Gen Console (TBD)

Console not Console's so im gussing it will just be for the 360

As few as I know about the consoles the PS3 is supposed to have a completely different architecture forcing the developers to drastically change the code in order to truly use its potential.

If the console version of ArmA 2 had a mission editor, then it would probably sell more than the console version of OFP 2. So Bohemia Interactive can use that to there advantage if they make console version to compete with codemasters' product on the console market.

If the console version of ArmA 2 had a mission editor, then it would probably sell more than the console version of OFP 2.

Not necessary... Althought OFPDR's marketing is bigger(magazines), and it doesn't matter whether it will have editor or not it still can sell shitton copies, just like Call of Duty 4. And with realism it just sells much less, but editor or not, you have to see the pattern here....most of best-selling games have no editor in them.

All Bohemia can do is just sell little more copies on console version of their game against their own game without one...

Ivan Buchta says in the latest translated video by deadfast that the only difference between Xbox360 and PC Version is that the mission edior is cut.

So the Xbox Mission Editor will be limited to replace single units and object from pre-defined template missions, or something like that.:D

Not necessary... Althought OFPDR's marketing is bigger(magazines), and it doesn't matter whether it will have editor or not it still can sell shitton copies, just like Call of Duty 4. And with realism it just sells much less, but editor or not, you have to see the pattern here....most of best-selling games have no editor in them.

All Bohemia can do is just sell little more copies on console version of their game against their own game without one...

You do have a point there. So according to mr. g-c the console version won't have an editor, but I thought the console version wasn't announced yet? At least there is one piece of info regarding ArmA 2 on the console.

Edited by sesdelta38

thanx man,

I haven't seen this video yet.. sounds very promising for the 360.

Sounds like they are already running it on 360 parallel to the PC version.

The simplified editor sound really good too.. can't wait!

Sounds like I will be buying both PC and 360 version. :D

Nice Vid.... Sure helps to have more supportive info on the 360. I am very happy to hear the editor (Keeps fingers crossed) will be in the 360 version. Even if its limited, sure beats nothing *cough*Ofp2...... I have always sided with BIS..........Thanks:yay:

After watching that Video, it seems pretty certain that a 360 version will be coming. Is there any similar indication of a PS3 version? But with a good solid 360 game, BIS will rack in a lot more profit from the 360 market, which is excellent for them. :)

After watching that Video, it seems pretty certain that a 360 version will be coming. Is there any similar indication of a PS3 version? But with a good solid 360 game, BIS will rack in a lot more profit from the 360 market, which is excellent for them. :)

That's something little doubt as will the xbox gamers follow?

We all know Arma is little niche game compared to all big one's out in market and saying that a lot more profit on x360 just doesn't sound right and fanboish to me,a little more profit? :bounce3:

Nice Vid.... Sure helps to have more supportive info on the 360. I am very happy to hear the editor (Keeps fingers crossed) will be in the 360 version. Even if its limited, sure beats nothing *cough*Ofp2...... I have always sided with BIS..........Thanks:yay:

I agree, this is really encouraging news. I'm still puzzled by the thought that a big company like CM would drop the mission editor ball, whilst a smaller company like BIS is seemingly able to include it? After the recent OFPDR mission editor letdown, I won't celebrate yet. I'll wait until it's official so that my expectations are properly managed this time around.

It'd be great to have a mission editor with the Xbox 360 version (however simplistic) and even if the gameplay mechanics were not as good as OFPDR, the replay value would be ten fold with the inclusion of a mission editor.

Make it happen BIS!

Ivan Buchta says in the latest translated video by deadfast that the only difference between Xbox360 and PC Version is that the mission edior is cut.

So the Xbox Mission Editor will be limited to replace single units and object from pre-defined template missions, or something like that.:D

And what's funny about that? Are you OK mate?

It's great news that console gamers will seemingly be given a basic mission editor to massively increase the replay value. Also great that the Xbox 360 version of ArmA2 is confirmed.

Fantastic news all round!

Althougyh I am a bit encouraged by that interview it was released August of last year, alot could have changed since then. Good or Bad.

I always thought the Elite editor(never played it) was pretty much like the pc one, just slightly simplified and obviously no scripts. Wish I could pick it up, but its incompatible with my 360.

I always thought the Elite editor(never played it) was pretty much like the pc one, just slightly simplified and obviously no scripts. Wish I could pick it up, but its incompatible with my 360.

It was really, just missing a few abilities like synchronize waypoints which make the whole get in/unload a pain.

I hope BIS releases Arma 2 for all platforms(PC,360,PS3)

If they do they will get much more market than ofp:dr since that game has no ME for consoles.Yes PS3 has a much different architech than Pc and 360 but us PS gamers want a mil sim on our console.Flashpoint:elite was released on XBOX only but not on PS2 so our gamers need a mil sim.Ofp:dr does not qualify as one.So please make Arma 2 on PS3 :)

I hope BIS releases Arma 2 for all platforms(PC,360,PS3)

If they do they will get much more market than ofp:dr since that game has no ME for consoles.Yes PS3 has a much different architech than Pc and 360 but us PS gamers want a mil sim on our console.Flashpoint:elite was released on XBOX only but not on PS2 so our gamers need a mil sim.Ofp:dr does not qualify as one.So please make Arma 2 on PS3 :)

Hello armydude

I hope you get your wish. Console gamers (Xbox360 and PS3) are due a realistic shooter with a mission editor. Hopefully BIS see the financial rewards of satisfying a starved console market.

Edited by JB Time

Guest maxqubit2

Hmmm, the info in that vid was good:

1. Xbox version in parallel with PC (aiming at simultaneous release)

2. Gameplay identical to pc (difference in some gfx dept like textures and stuff, i don't care)

On the editor ... it DOESN'T sound like the Elite idea. It sounds more like templates and you can manipulate inital settings ... i don't think you can make waypoints and stuff.

Anyway, i'm happy about point 1 and 2, although it is fairly OLD video (what's the latest info???) and about point 3 ... plz mr.g-c grow up!

Prehaps BIS could directly port the editor from Elite, its already done and worked a treat.

The only thing that let it down was the inability to synch waypoints, add that (which is easy as the cycle waypoint used it anyway) and it would be perfect.

:yay: