Sign in to follow this  
blackheart_six

Mission Editor in Console?

If arma 2 is released on the ps3 i will buy a ps3 just for that game , well its will be cheaper than upgrading my pc ..... lol my friends will start calling me the console king as they use to call me the game boy lol ....

it's not MS's decision to stop people creating their own content and make DLC which you have to buy to play the game, it's money hungry publishers who want to squeeze every last penny out of their customers (EA).

i guess codies may just have removed the console editor because of being coding noobs rather than simply by choice as it seems like they did try it.

having said that i wouldn't put it past them to have done it so that they could have a COD style ranking system, i mean, they already turned Colin McRae rally into an arcade game after the man died.

I wasn’t implying M$ stops company’s from creating/adding DLC, I meant they encourage company’s to reserve/hold back the "goodies" to make more money.  If they make the editor available for consoles, they allow us to share infinite free dlc………  They are learning quickly not to allow that potential market to dwindle.  Because of this strategy,  they wont give an editor for purchase via DLC.

As for Colin McRae,  I couldn’t believe what they did to that great series.  While I was trying out the demo,  I had no idea he that he had passed away.  I knew something was wrong with Dirt,   he was no longer their.  Tribute to Colin,  one of the greats in Rally may he rest in peace.

Hang in Avibird, I feel your pain in Patience. In my humble opinion, they wouldn’t miss out on the console market opportunity for nothing. Its numbers/profit "far" exceed the PC market. Please, no flame intended.

Tbh i dont want to see console players playing with us PC guys, the erratic movement of someone using a controller is a "no go" in a realsitic game.

Anyone know if we play on the same servers?

BOHEMIA I hope you guys have your ears open.

This is a great opportunitey for you to capture the console market. If you guys are going to make a console game you need to give a little hint it's for sure.

This would put the nail in the coffin of codemasters console market becasuse of the news of no mission editor for the consoles.

Please take this great opportunitey even if the release date is after the PC game most console players will wait for your game this is a fact. goodnight.gif

i thought you were leaving the forum!

Posted: Mar. 18 2009,03:10

Good bye to the consoles! WOW

The truth is I am done with this forum and will give myself to codemasters and OFPDR and help build that console community not yours because I would be wasting my time here like I have been.

P.S. I own a PS3 but after i saw what PC gaming is capable off, i saved and built myself a decent PC and i have been happier since about my investment and playing ArmA since with tactical gamers :-)

Why would anyone sell out BIS and buy that rip off. I am sure its not them that says what it come out on. I would bet its publishers or someone else that controls the money. It always seems to me that do what they can for us.

=- @ April 03 2009,14:26)]Tbh i dont want to see console players playing with us PC guys, the erratic movement of someone using a controller is a "no go" in a realsitic game.

No, we won't. ArmA II will probably require a powerful dedicated server for anything more than 8 players, something consoles generally don't support.

=- @ April 03 2009,14:26)]Tbh i dont want to see console players playing with us PC guys, the erratic movement of someone using a controller is a "no go" in a realsitic game.

Trolling are we.....  whistle.gif  I will bite, what erratic movements would you be  referring to?

I think Codemaster guys did commit a huge mistake when they released CG trailer... now the in-game video must have been like freezing water down the pants for a large number of fans. All the hype on OPF:DR is going to hurt now...

And yet I would like OPF:DR to stay along with ARMAII in the realistic battlefield sims for the shake of competence...if not we will still have the inconvinients of ARMAII being monopolistic on the this maket segment.

Hope they release any of them soon...

I'll grant you (pc boys) that. You seems to get the better of the games. ArmA2 confirmed on pc and OFP2 confirmed with editor on pc. And i will admit i'm kinda jealous about that, but here is the thing, i'll stick to 360 anyway. Because IT IS THE ONLY WAY i still can enjoy games in my limited free time.

Now, if the OFP2-console-not-having-a-mission-editor thing proofs 1 thing beyond doubt it is that A LOT of console gamers were looking forward to both the editor (and OFP2 and ArmA2). It seems therefor that there are a lot of semi-hard-core gamers on console (like me). We would like to have quality games and tools, just as our pc 'friends'.

If the devs and the market won't give it, well it is of course up to them, but ultimately it could also be their loss.

So, NEVER say we (console gamers) are 'not interested' or 'too dumb'. I certainly hope BIS will release a ARMA2/360 with editor. They should, in fact it is like Avibird says 'a great oppportunity' ... you/BIS won't get many opportunities like that.

there would still be plenty of stuff for BIS to possibly release as DLC even with an editor, user made missions are good but an extra campaign made by BIS using the more powerful pc editor with all the scripting e.t.c. is even better.

also im sure many console players would be happy to pay for extra vehicles + weapons e.t.c.

Rocco i was there when you got that latest warning level of yours trolling a console thread with your rubbish.

PC and consoles rarely ever share servers. Now unless you have something decent to add the the topic stay out, this is about the console version of ARMAII having a editor.

As a Elite player i fully expect ARMAII on the consoles to have a editor, dont let me down BIS. wink_o.gif

ArmA2 confirmed on pc

ArmA II confirmed on PC? Well, I guess we should thank BIS for not selling out to the console market just yet.

ArmA2 confirmed on pc

ArmA II confirmed on PC? Well, I guess we should thank BIS for not selling out to the console market just yet.

yes but as long as people buy the game and not hack it off bit torrents. This way, we make sure the PC market is always booming.

Never say Never. I don't think anyone saw CM dropping the editor from console. It was clearly said that there was very little difference between the PC and Console versions. Guess not.

I am going PC version for ArmA II, I decided that awhile ago. I don't own a xbox360 now, just a PS3.

I would be shocked, but very happy if ArmA II came to PS3 platform.

Hi all

I think this thread should be amalgamated with the existing will ArmA; if it is on consoles have the editor thread.

The one with the title

Quote[/b] ]Mission Editor in Console?

I do not see the reason to have two identical threads with different titles.

Kind Regards walker

Identical threads merged.

Please check if there is already a similiar thread you could use before you start another one. smile_o.gif

Learned today that the OFPDR mission editor is "Stand Alone" for the PC version . This could be one of the reasons "Why" it is not included in the console version. You can't run two programs at the same time on a console. You have to exit the game, and start the ME, then quit the ME and start the game to see the results.

I am sure ArmA II will be integrated with the game, and not stand alone, like ArmA I.

PLEASE BI allow us ps3 owners to play this game on our ps3. after ofp2 dropped the bomb i am now leanng towards ARMA 2. i can see that this game will be the true military sim and hopefully i will be able to play it on my ps3

PLEASE BI allow us ps3 owners to play this game on our ps3. after ofp2 dropped the bomb i am now leanng towards ARMA 2. i can see that this game will be the true military sim and hopefully i will be able to play it on my ps3

Here here! But it will be.... band.gif  on the PS3.

Your best bet, buy a xbox360. You stand a greater chance of getting ArmA II for console.

There are MANY waiting for the OFFICIAL announcement about the platforms.

Which is coming soon, right BI?    whistle.gif

Here here! But it will be.... band.gif  on the PS3.

Your best bet, buy a xbox360. You stand a greater chance of getting ArmA II for console.

There are MANY waiting for the OFFICIAL announcement about the platforms.

Which is coming soon, right BI?    whistle.gif

PS3 user here waiting for confirmation.

I wonder if they will allow us to share maps with console users.

Be interesting to show console users some of the great maps that can be made on a PC.

I havent been around here lately but I also heard of OFP: DR not having a editor. Well this is arma 2 key word to announce it on either PS3 or xbox 360. If it comes with a editor, expect a lot of people to convert over to Arma 2 the way it should be to start with!