Sign in to follow this  
blackheart_six

Mission Editor in Console?

We don't know officially which console ArmA II will be released on, but whatever console it is released for, PLEASE include a mission editior/creator.

This will be a huge selling point for the game.

BTW, It's looking great!

Where are the new forums? This is so 90's. LOL!

welcome thumbs-up.gif

They workin on the new ones, some techincal issues wink_o.gif

Bohemia interactive made Ofp elite for xbox , I belive strongly that Arma 2 will probably be on the 360. wink_o.gif

They had a editor for elite so t hey will probably make it for Arma2 too. smile_o.gif

This is actually a big deal to a lot of console fans and one area that BI can really capitalize on. Codemasters has just dropped the ball on this one, confirming that there would be NO mission editor on the console versions of OFP2. For me, the game that offers one gets my money.

I expect that this forum board will get quite a few more "visitors" and new members in the next few days/weeks who are interested in the prospect of playing the TRUE sequel to Operation Flashpoint. Hopefully, this year on the 360, Bohemia!

Yes its unfortunate to have such an important feature removed so late in the dev process for FPDR. But hopefully ArmA2 will be able to satiate all our console brother's needs for original mission design.

welcome  thumbs-up.gif

They workin on the new ones, some techincal issues wink_o.gif

Bohemia interactive made Ofp elite for xbox , I belive strongly that Arma 2 will probably be on the 360.  wink_o.gif

They had a editor for elite so t hey will probably make it for Arma2 too.  smile_o.gif

yea Although I have a PS3, and would LOVE to see ArmA II come to that platform, I don't expect it. I understand the reasons behind going with xbox 360. I believe that will be the next gen console the game comes out on.

I am going with the PC version of ArmA II.

Look forward posting here, and getting more involved.

I play ArmA right now, just getting my feet wet. Love it. The editor is awesome.

Please bohemia make a 360 or ps3 version of arma2. PLEASE.The operation flashpoint of codemasters smells really bad.The really operation flashpoint 2 is arma2.Make a 360 version.

I'd echo that message.

If this does get released on the Xbox 360, please include a mission editor. It doesn't matter how basic it is, something is better than nothing.

Only allow the ability to randomize elements of the mission, something that was missing in OFP:Elite and made it harders to make "dynamic" missions.

You know, probability of presence of units, of coordinates of placement of units and waypoints, and of duration of waypoints.

Another thing, the 360 allows the use of a USB keyboard or a special texting controller addon, so please allow us to write our own Briefings in the mission editor.

You might also consider the ability to add sound files and other sorts of supporting files, as the 360 can be connected to your computer and files transfered to the 360. Voice files could be recorded through the headset mike.

It's absolutely unacceptable that CM removed the editor from the console versions - they took it out again, so it was in there already! - since that is one of the key points of the OFP games, besides the realism. I considered it a close competition between ArmA2 and FDR on consoles, but now they have already lost a major battle in this war. BI could make a powerful editor on the Xbox 1 and now, with the 360 x-times more powerful CM can't do it? Ridiculous...

Grim

Edited by Grimnirsson

I have some deep concerns about why we have not seen any release info on consoles yet.   In light of the recent removal of the editor in Ofp2,  its comes to me that M$ is influencing the market for DLC that is purely for the purpose of , well Marketability.  I know this is not news,  but to see them possibly controlling something like this could be the main reasons for why we are not getting news on the release or publisher for the 360.  If BIS is a loyal company, then they are having the same difficulty with M$.  I fear, that by the time this is old news, we will either have a dumbed down version for the consoles, or no release at all.

To BIS:  Please stick to your guns on this issue, we don’t want a sell out.  If M$ leaves you with no other choice, don’t release the 360 version.  I am an avid console player,  38 and disabled and to broke to put a pc together.  But don’t let them ruin this game.  I am sorry to my fellow consolers for this comment.....

If you ask me.. It shouldn't even be called OFP.

I mean.. OFP without a mission editor? Is like releasing something that's only 40% done.

I recently started referring to it as just "Dragon Rising". When I look at it, I don't think of Operation Flashpoint. I think of some generic shooter with a military theme. Codemasters doesn't know what makes Operation Flashpoint, but Bohemia Interactive does. I know who's getting my money.

it's not MS's decision to stop people creating their own content and make DLC which you have to buy to play the game, it's money hungry publishers who want to squeeze every last penny out of their customers (EA).

i guess codies may just have removed the console editor because of being coding noobs rather than simply by choice as it seems like they did try it.

having said that i wouldn't put it past them to have done it so that they could have a COD style ranking system, i mean, they already turned Colin McRae rally into an arcade game after the man died.

Well, as far as I could see in the EGO video the editor was an external app, unlike the one present in ArmA and OFP.

I guess the problem comes from there.

from what i read around online I think Arma 2 console people would love to get a mission editor even if it was a Dlc biggrin_o.gif

I would love to know the "Why?" to this issue.

I know that Sony allows you to create your own content and distro it. The whole premise behind LittleBigPlanet. Same would go for a mission editor.

I don't know about MS, and their policy. I know they are more restrictive but how much?

This would be a really good opportunity for BI to step in a capture a lot of this market on the console side.

Strike while the iron is hot.

A good example of M$'s restrictiveness is Unreal Tournament 3. The PS3 version has custom skins that could be used and shared, while the Xbox 360 version does not allow custom skins at all because of M$. I think it's just because M$ is too lazy to come up with or use an anti-cheat system in their online.

You CAN do a simple map or mission editor on the 360, and do it well. Far Cry 2 proved that with an editor that allows you to create some cool maps and then easily distribute them via XboxLIVE. So I don't think it's an MS policy to NOT allow editors in games. More likely it's the amount of additional resources (time and money) a developer wants to allocate for what may be perceived as a nonessential part of the game.

BOHEMIA I hope you guys have your ears open.

This is a great opportunitey for you to capture the console market. If you guys are going to make a console game you need to give a little hint it's for sure.

This would put the nail in the coffin of codemasters console market becasuse of the news of no mission editor for the consoles.

Please take this great opportunitey even if the release date is after the PC game most console players will wait for your game this is a fact. goodnight.gif

Hi all

To AVIBIRD 1 BIS will probably answer this when they have all their ducks in a row. Asuming they have ducks and they are not just FarmA II hens.

And it will be ready when it is ready. wink_o.gif

I believe the correct phrase is "To Be Anounced"

Anouncing non existent products or features leads to bad press as some have found to their cost.

Kind Regards walker

My friends and I have been following both ArmA2 and OFP:DR. The news that there will be no editor for the console version of OFP:DR has left us disappointed to the point we may not even look into the project any longer. We will however lurk on these forums hoping ArmA2 comes our way with an editor, since that is the major selling point for us.

words

Back so soon?

Suma already stated, they cannot release any console information and whatnot, Suma even posted in your topic

Quote[/b] ]To provide some more "insider info" about console development. The obligatory rule with titles published on consoles is that until you can announce exact details about the title, including a publisher, you cannot publicly confirm anything about the console title, not even the fact you are developing the title on the console.

Hence we cannot confirm anything and the status of the console versions stays TBD.

Did come back a bit soon

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....81;st=0

Yeah, Far Cry 2 had perhaps the BEST ingame console editor I'v seen. And you were able to distibute your content throughout the network. I think it would be easy to do on the PS3, because that's what Little Big Planet is basically all about, creating your own unique content. Would love for ArmA II to come to PS3, I'd buy it for PS3 and PC. And i think PS3 would be able to support the ArmA II Editor, maybe have it as an Addon from the PSN.