Sign in to follow this  
Deadfast

Deadfast's Translations

Nice, you can click your map while holding "Alt" key on the position where you want to be picked up by a chopper :)

Let alone diesel fuel is even harder to ignite and other than old Skoda's and Lada's there probably won't be any regular petrol Otto engined cars.

A tracer round might be able to ignite petrol, but you'd need enough air aswell.

Explosions should be avoided anyway, it just creates unnecessary need for splash damage and graphical effects.

Yeahh those effects are there to impress kids.... nothing to do with RL....

In the Video from BoboCZ, i bet a Grenade or RPG hit it, even though you cant see it in the video...

It is very very unlikely a round let a fuel-tank take fire, let alone it explodes :rolleyes:

I hope there will be a damage system in the end.... if not, well then i count on community (if bis delivers the desperately needed config/model/scripting capabilities)....

Great Job Deadfast as usual..... :D:yay:

Awsome deadfast:-) Now you have an 18minut interview waintin :-D haha... BIS should be greatfull that you are willing to put work into this translations.

Keep in mind that this was back in 08, and was still in alpha phase I believe, and BIS could have changed the exploision effects by now.

We will have to wait and see

Great job on the translations btw.

The fuel tank? Improved damage model with area specific damage? :386:

Hahahah, way to cover it up. Couldn't help but laugh when I heard him say that.

Thank you so much for those awesome translations!

I´m really concerned about the realism though, the UI looks horrible (way too big, background color where its not needed) and those really ugly console style icons for units and other stuff...argh... oh and lol about the autoaim for consoles, since this statement, i cant take the console version of arma2 serious.

Man this community has such high expectations. Thanks for the translations, lots of good info. Keep it up, but only if you feel like it!

Thank you so much for those awesome translations!

I´m really concerned about the realism though, the UI looks horrible (way too big, background color where its not needed) and those really ugly console style icons for units and other stuff...argh... oh and lol about the autoaim for consoles, since this statement, i cant take the console version of arma2 serious.

Rocco There are a lot of console players that want realism and a lot that don't know any better.

The elite was the only game that give us realism and most of the players that find the game by luck were hooked. You need to give them a little bit of a break.

Late 2005 when elite came out most console players move to the xbox 360 but a good group of people who knew about the game like me (old OFP1 pc player 2001-2003) and people who find this game by luck not by codemasters marketing lol learned how to play so give some of us a little credit.

The old elite community does not want ugly console style icons and autoaim. We are like you without the MOD's, key board and the rat. Lets be nice we are the same community!

Edited by AVIBIRD 1

looks like you got some more work to do with all these pre-release reviews :partytime::now::dancehead::man3::torture:

edit:

lol at the smilies

I would take it easy, I think a enormous amount of in depth English previews is just around the corner.

I would take it easy, I think a enormous amount of in depth English previews is just around the corner.

I hope so...

The big sites like Gamespot etc have ignored Arma2 so far...(but has given OPF2 a lot of attention, which is weird, given that BIS has been much more open than CM about their game)

But maybe CM pays better admoney ... ;)

But anyway thanks and big kudos to Deadfast, you are on my YT subscription list now and i recommend all to do same, this way he gets even more attention to his channel!

Lets help BIS with some viral marketing shall we? :D

EOTECH HALO SIGHT is very Realistlic.

Very nice.

Me and my Galil and Halo sight :( good times :P

They drop the idea recently because they cant fix the bugs, too bad if you ask me.

They drop the idea recently because they cant fix the bugs, too bad if you ask me.

WTF are you talking about. Even in last previews you can see HALO sight...

I guess hes talking about a parallax "free"(though parallax can still be introduced) Eotech and Aimpoint sights. The screens of Arma 2 Eotechs shows no such functionality.

Anyway, I think Deadfast is a good candidate to the Community Awards 2009 when the time comes :D :hammer:

Edited by sparks50

The vehicle damage reminds me:

I hope they make it so non-floating vehicles don't explode when submerged in water. It's a bit... odd, and completely unrealistic.

I guess hes talking about a parallax "free"(though parallax can still be introduced) Eotech and Aimpoint sights. The screens of Arma 2 Eotechs shows no such functionality.

Anyway, I think Deadfast is a good candidate to the Community Awards 2009 when the time comes :D :hammer:

So you judging by screens only? Can you give me confirmation that this feature is removed when it was in GC08 ? Link or Dev post about it, thank you..

You can see the reticle/projected aiming thing in the middle of the sight, while the camera is not directly behind the sight. Thus, its the same "shortcut" that they did with the Aimpoints in Armed Assault

Edited by sparks50

You can see the reticle/projected aiming thing in the middle of the sight, while the camera is not directly behind the sight. Thus, its the same "shortcut" as they did with Aimpoints in Armed Assault

Well I will believe when I could try it, when dev posted some info or video for latest build where we can see is it works or not.

Edit: Well I watched youtube videos and now got the point. Yeah in that degree aiming thing should not be visible. But in that GC08 video I also didn't noticed any difference so... I still would like to wait final product before start to complain.

Edited by Mafia101

Edge answered this question here some time ago. Since then other ideas where posted and I asked him to look at it again. He answered that he will forward it to the artists, but no promises. So my hope is still up and if it's not in game from the start it would be a nice idea for a patch when it can get sorted out. :)

Edited by Scruffy
forgot link, doh

Edge answered this question here some time ago. Since then other ideas where posted and I asked him to look at it again. He answered that he will forward it to the artists, but no promises. So my hope is still up and if it's not in game from the start it would be a nice idea for a patch when it can get sorted out. :)

Aww OK.. It's not a problem for me, they maybe can add it later with patches when they will get rid that issue, we will see.

Edit: Lol i wrote almost same text as you, but yeah let's wait and see :)