Sign in to follow this  
OChristie

Terrain Request Thread

Aim of this topic is to simply find out specifically where abouts in the world or fictional world you would like to fight. The ArmA Community has a few very talented Terrain 'Artists' such as Nicholas Bell, Opteryx, bravo 6 etc etc etc. The list goes on. I try it myself, and always lack inspiration to actually do it. But a topic such as this could really kick start some great new ideas.

Personally Data for the United States is the easiest to aqquire in such detail. OTher parts of the world are harder, but definetely do-able. If you are going to request a terrain or put an idea forward. Then maybe a little photo or something similar or backgorund information on the area would be more helpful and make the 'Artists' life easier.

I hope this doesnt get locked or deleted a I really think this could help the already amazing community.

Potential Terrain's List

1) Centeral Africa

2) Somalian Coastline

3) Washington DC.........

4) European Themed Map

5) Spain/Italy Map

I doubt that any of the people you named will do terrains upon request, given the many months they spend alone on one single map. tounge2.gif

What about a section of the Somali coastline? Other parts of central Africa?

yay.gif

washington Dc, complte with model of White house and stuff...

Silly me but I would like to make some epic fighting there pistols.gif

fighting off hordes of bad guys storming the white house.

and i would love to watch soviet/russian forces clearing those washington buildings from "holly" democracy :P

world in conflict: armed assault owns! wink_o.gif

The one idea for a map that I would like to see is reminiscent of a few from OFP.

A generic, European setting with flats, rolling hills, maybe a mountain and a northern coast-line yet with a decent-sized city with a local airport and military base.

That way, it could be used as a backdrop for almost any country in Europe, whether it be France, Belgium, Germany, it'd provide a nice setting for any European mods out there. For any Mediterranean countries, maybe create the southern region in that style (Sahrani split).

Oh what the hell, why not?

1) Winter maps! Wiiinteeeeer! Pretty ones like the ones made for OFP back in the day, with roads, trees, houses etc. all wintered up. inlove.gif

2) Run-down, post-apocalyptic, ruined, warscape maps : ruined buildings, wrecked roads, collapsed architecture, browns, greys. You know what I'm talking about, the same stuff every major shooter in the last couple of years have supplied us with (GoW, F3, etc.). For all Post apoc/war-torn, destroyed town/area scenarios. Does not, of course, need to have extensive built up areas - but those built up areas should be all ruined and destroyed!

3) General cityscapes, using some of the building addons that have been released (if said building addons could be repaired a bit to not be so buggy and crash-prone): skyscrapers, broad asphalt avenues, big bridges. Asphalt and cement for as long as the eye can see. I remember a mission in OFP that had you escape a city built with skyscrapers - even though it was in principle built on Nogova, it made everything look entirely different.

That's that.

Regards,

Wolfrug

Miniature counterparts of real lands like:

- island of Krk, Croatia (wait, that Everon, sorry*)

- Madagascar (very small, but rich jungle)

- Dominican Republic (realistic, Santo Domingo should be big as Ortego @ Sahrani)

- one of cool Greek islands (Cephalonia for example)

- Corsica

etc.

* i could make a trip to there and photograph all villages and town + sightseeing places so we can make Everon: Reloaded. Unluckly I'm not a map maker for ArmA myself :/

The area I would like to see is somewhere in the U.S. in or around a major U.S. city, like in the suburbs. Take for example this area from the state that I live in:

Picture34.png

It's part dense suburbs, part forest/park reserve, and part farmland, all in about a 6 by 3 mile area. There is freeway running right through the center, a ski resort right next to the freeway on a big hill that overlooks everything, and an airport in the south. I think this would be a unique and cool map in ArmA that would make for some awesome combat! The name of this town is Burnsville (no joke), which is quite the fitting name for a map in a combat simulator. wink_o.gif

I agree with a few of the people earlier though, a Washington D.C. map would be very cool. I just wish there was a map based on a U.S. city or suburb.

washington Dc, complte with model of White house and stuff...

Silly me but I would like to make some epic fighting there pistols.gif

fighting off hordes of bad guys storming the white house.

Not that I am a racist but I would probably allow them in the white house atm... None in their right mind have ever heard of spending your self to prosperity.

how bout some one make a map. an actual city that everyone knows about. like

Ramadi

Falluja

Baghdad?

I think I may have just found the perfect U.S. island for ArmA!

It's called Madeline Island, and is an island located in lake superior. It's a fairly decent sized island, has an airport, small town, small communities, parks, and a golf course!:p

http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&FORM=LMLTCP&cp=46.792068~-90.65403&style=h&lvl=12&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&phx=0&phy=0&phscl=1&encType=1

I think this would be a sweet island, not to mention I vacation there once in a while and could provide info and feedback.