Sign in to follow this  
Nicholas

North American Publisher

Just curious, but who is the North American Publisher for ArmA 2?? I don't see Atari on the botton of the BIS page! I'm not a fan of Digital Download versions either. There are Publishers in pretty much all other countries, but none in North Amercia. I'll still get my hands on this game somehow...Maybe have one of my friends from oversees buy it for me and send it to me lol

if i go for morphicon i end up at petersgames which sends me to amazon ... so they might be the right place ... wink_o.gif and bis promised that this time there will be NO different versions for the various markets... like it was with ArmA [1]

Just curious, but who is the North American Publisher for ArmA 2??   I don't see Atari on the botton of the BIS page!   I'm not a fan of Digital Download versions either.  There are Publishers in pretty much all other countries, but none in North Amercia.  I'll still get my hands on this game somehow...Maybe have one of my friends from oversees buy it for me and send it to me lol

There is still no word on a North American publisher atm, hopefully we will hear something sooner than later.

i would guess that bohemia have most likely got some interest from publishers at the game convention thing and either have a NA publisher or are about to get one.

It would becool if it was on Steam like ArmA 1 was. Shame it was US only.

It would becool if it was on Steam like ArmA 1 was. Shame it was US only.

Heh, I'm not a fan of any digital download, I want the actual DVD/CD.  IT would go along nice with all the others....

Operation Flashpoint:CWC

Operation Flashpoint:Red Hammer

Operation Flashpoint:Resistance

Armed Assault:Combat Ops

Armed Assault:Queens Gambit

If i did digital download, i'd be missing ArmA II DVD lol

All games should be on Steam or an equal service.

All games should be on Steam or an equal service.

All games should be in stores. That's how it should be.

Is it fun being stuck in the past?

You dont still want software on tapes do you? Hows about having ArmA2 on a nice stack of ~6970 floppy disks?

You dont still want software on tapes do you? Hows about having ArmA2 on a nice stack of ~6970 floppy disks?

I don’t like purchasing "AIR" and that’s what you get from itunes exc. Give me a tangible hard copy. If the costs were significantly lower, due to the lack of print and product, I would consider it. But they are NOT. As for a NA publisher, I believe this is what’s holding them back from Console disclosure.

Preferably you'd have both Steam AND DVDs in stores. They should drop whatever service they were using before that wouldnt let people reinstall their copies without a shitload of effort.

Quote[/b] ]You dont still want software on tapes do you? Hows about having ArmA2 on a nice stack of ~6970 floppy disks?

I have a 5.25" floppy drive hooked up to my main PC... just in case things go that way I want to be ready whistle.gif

yeah we can tell your not here to help  icon_rolleyes.gif

How about when stem goes down and you cant play your games. Or how about if your isp id down and you cant log into stem and play your games.

Got to love people that cant live without their tec. Its funny to watch people after a big storm hits and they dont know what to do. I really dont understand whats the big deal, why not have it on both? I just hope all countries get it at the same time.

I don’t like purchasing "AIR" and that’s what you get from itunes exc.  Give me a tangible hard copy.  If the costs were significantly lower, due to the lack of print and product,  I would consider it.  But they are NOT.  As for a NA publisher,  I believe this is what’s holding them back from Console disclosure.

That is misleading, inaccurate, and uninformed.

itunes does have a policy of not allowing re-downloads, but there is no restriction prohibiting you the user of maintaining your own backups and copying them to another authorized machine for immediate playback, or sharing them from a centralized library.

steam on the other hand does allow you to redownload any content at any time, without disk scratches.

Quote[/b] ]...

yeah we can tell your not here to help icon_rolleyes.gif

How about when stem goes down and you cant play your games. Or how about if your isp id down and you cant log into stem and play your games.

Got to love people that cant live without their tec. Its funny to watch people after a big storm hits and they dont know what to do. I really dont understand whats the big deal, why not have it on both? I just hope all countries get it at the same time.

Also misleading, inaccurate, and uninformed.

Search steampowered.com support

Quote[/b] ]Offline Mode allows you to play games through Steam without reconnecting to the Steam Network every time you wish to play - this is particularly useful if you do not plan on playing over the internet and would prefer not to download new updates for your single-player games.

Company of Heros has some difficulty with offline mode, but that's Relic's problem, not Steam's and not Valve's.

Quote[/b] ]The game should now run properly, however as with most 3rd party titles we cannot guarantee compatibility with offline mode.

I just migrated 35gb of steam content from 2 machines to a 3rd, the only games that gave me any hassle were the valve titles as valve requires a cache validation step not required by the other developers who distribute via steam.

Get back on topic guys....it doesnt really matter, i just hope it gets released in north america

The way online buying worked with Atari was good - simple download and the ability to burn onto DVDs. Patches then came directly from BIS. They even provided extended downloads for a few bucks more. (True, Atari support was nonexistent but I didn't care anyway, I only used them to buy the game from them. All the patches were made by BIS anyway.)

I don't know much about Steam/others, but any kind of "need to connect to play" would be absolutely unacceptable.

Get back on topic guys....it doesnt really matter, i just hope it gets released in north america

Well im sure it will get released in North America, the question is when?

I don’t like purchasing "AIR" and that’s what you get from itunes exc.  Give me a tangible hard copy.  If the costs were significantly lower, due to the lack of print and product,  I would consider it.  But they are NOT.  As for a NA publisher,  I believe this is what’s holding them back from Console disclosure.

That is misleading, inaccurate, and uninformed.

itunes does have a policy of not allowing re-downloads, but there is no restriction prohibiting you the user of maintaining your own backups and copying them to another authorized machine for immediate playback, or sharing them from a centralized library.

steam on the other hand does allow you to redownload any content at any time, without disk scratches.

Quote[/b] ]...

yeah we can tell your not here to help  icon_rolleyes.gif

Also misleading, inaccurate, and uninformed.

Search steampowered.com support

Quote[/b] ]Offline Mode allows you to play games through Steam without reconnecting to the Steam Network every time you wish to play - this is particularly useful if you do not plan on playing over the internet and would prefer not to download new updates for your single-player games.

Company of Heros has some difficulty with offline mode, but that's Relic's problem, not Steam's and not Valve's.

Quote[/b] ]The game should now run properly, however as with most 3rd party titles we cannot guarantee compatibility with offline mode.

I just migrated 35gb of steam content from 2 machines to a 3rd, the only games that gave me any hassle were the valve titles as valve requires a cache validation step not required by the other developers who distribute via steam.

Face it, some people prefer having a hard copy. It's not a crime, so I don't understand why it bothers you so much. icon_rolleyes.gif

All I know is that when we play coh and one of my friends has steam he cant join us when its down. We cant play mp of L4D when steam is down also. Its just a pita to have to worry about it. I still have my ofp disk and dont know how people mess up a disk so bad that it cant play, never had any one I know that has done that.

I think it would be good to have it out on steam and any thing else we can get it on so that more people learn about this game. I just dont think we should be forced to go with a game that we have to dl or have to run with steam.

I was very disappointed when they didn't released Arma1 in Montreal. But I was able to download the gold version via the website of Atari. The download speed was good and plus, you can burn it on a dvd, which is great. Of course I would prefer the hard copy with the box, but if it on Atari website or whatever and I can burn it, I'll go with that.

As a general note, most non-Valve games on steam can be ran without steam running or when steam's servers are down. I have ArmA through steam and can run it as stand alone without bringing steam up. Same with CoD4 as I was testing this out with several games. There are some instances where a game has to have steam running such as Crysis/Warhead/Wars but so far that's the only case.

I hate to bring out the subject but i guess it is important:

If BIS decide to go with Atari again then they would better be clear about their copy protection system in the contract. Atari's latest games (such as chronicles of Riddick) have the dreadful DRM with the three activations crap, which is intolerable for a lot of people. It is sad because i thought that the developer for riddick was one of the nicer companies out there so i guess copy protection is either all up to the publisher or it is specified in the contract.

again sorry for hijacking this thread but what did the European copies of ArmA1 have for copy protection?

I was very disappointed when they didn't released Arma1 in Montreal. But I was able to download the gold version via the website of Atari. The download speed was good and plus, you can burn it on a dvd, which is great. Of course I would prefer the hard copy with the box, but if it on Atari website or whatever and I can burn it, I'll go with that.

ArmA 1 was available here in Ottawa, although a bit late.

its going to be worse for folks in Quebec, from now on all games have to be released in French, so expect delays for sure,

"All games have to be released in French, so expect delays for sure"

Actually, it shouldn't since it's already done for the French Version anyway. French 505 version sold at the same time as the rest of Europe in its shiny metal box.

"All games have to be released in French, so expect delays for sure"

Actually, it shouldn't since it's already done for the French Version anyway. French 505 version sold at the same time as the rest of Europe in its shiny metal box.

I read in a newspaper article about the issue, they said they can't do that because some bureaucratic reason, especially the console version,

It some BS reason why they really did it, they say to protect their language or something,

Steam is garbage, they make you log into their servers to get permission to play a game that you own. If I want to play a game, I'll play it any time I want, even if my internet connection is off. You shouldn't have to get permission to play any game you bought. That's why I only buy the full boxed version of games, and I want a real printed manual, not some .pdf junk. Plus you have the actual game disk, you can install and re-install it and play it any time you want, no need to download anything, and without having to go to Valve and ask them if it's ok to play the game you already own.