Sign in to follow this  
Major Blood

Shadow help Please!

Make sure the geometry of the shadow lod is closed, all the faces are triangulated and all the edges are set to sharp (CTRL+A then U). Also, make sure the newly triangulated and sharpened faces are part of the correct wheel selections.

Thanks for your reply Jackal.  I have managed to go through each lod and set the edges to sharp for the tires, and have ensured that my selections are correct. Still no luck.

Quote[/b] ]Make sure the geometry of the shadow lod is closed

Please explain this.  I am not sure how to verify the geometry of the shadow lod.

Also,

all the faces are triangulated

Can you explain this as well? Is this to be done just to the wheels?   I am noober

when you are in ShadowVolume LOD,select the whole model, then go to

Structure->Topology->Close

After that, you select again the whole model, and press the key \ to triangulate it, and the sharp the whole model smile_o.gif

If you still have problems, it's mainly beasue the shadowVolume LOD model is still not closed.

Lol thanks, I figured it was something like that. Now, my question is what is the correct way to remove proxies from the shadow lod. lol. I have put together a number of units, but this is my first vechicle and have not had to do this before.

Any help on this? Please. confused_o.gif

That couldn't be easier... in the shadow LOD choose the proxy selections, then do delete for the selections with right mouse click and delete, then delete them from the model with DEL key. Very easy smile_o.gif

Yes, indeed very easy.  Issue resolved   yay.gif  Thank you

I have gotten into trouble in the past "adjusting" the lods.  lol.

Ok, there is something else going on.  Please have a look:

No interior through back window.

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/missiongoal/shadow3.jpg

Inside view:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/missiongoal/shadow5.jpg

Triangle shading on driver and passenger side windows:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/missiongoal/shadow6.jpg

I think some of this has to do with the cargo view lod, but not sure exactly.

crazy_o.gif

EDIT:

I have also noticed the color of the truck has gotten VERY dark compared to the original color. It seems this happened after triangulating the model.

Any thoughts on these?

help.gif

From memory, typically the first shadow lod has to follow the exact shape of the main Resolution LOD, other you get effects similar to what your seeing.

i think its 2 problems at once you showing. one is shadow related, the other indeed cargo view lod, the door texture is too high for the steering wheel, guess the cargo view is badly positioned. the shadow issue could be related to the fact that the windows are modelled and textured but in reality wouldnt produce a shadow since it glass. so keeping the windows "open" in shadow lod maybe help.

Thank you everyone for your assistance and expertise. I truly do appreciate it.

I have been working on this forever, and cant seem to adjust the position of the cargo view banghead.gif

I can see the cargo view in O2, but there are no vertices to select.

Any suggestions?

CTRL+A then CTRL+SHIFT+H should unhide the vertices and faces. Then you should be able to edit its position.

Hello again

Back with an update (since the forums were down)

All is fixed and working now. All the big guns helped me with this, so let me say, thank you. notworthy.gif

Here is a pic from a few days ago:

http://i247.photobucket.com/albums/gg137/missiongoal/low3.jpg

Work continues and still alot to do. None of which would even be possible without the guidance and knowlege of the people on this forum and in this community.

Thank you