Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

I think the artillery voices really need more improvement. The soldiers and base kind of sound like they are stoned out of their minds rofl.gif

I would'nt stay they were stoned, the voice in it is not half bad, though not sure about the radio chatter. They are not using alot of military 'lingo' or acronyms that you find when requesting something over a radio. Pretty good though. smile_o.gif

I think the artillery voices really need more improvement. The soldiers and base kind of sound like they are stoned out of their minds  rofl.gif

Then you are candidate to record the US voices as far as I understand, isn't it.

At the moment, that's the best we can get but if some US people (or English Speaking with US Accent) could help us in these regards then this would be much appreciated.

Regards,

TB

You will probably notice an accent there if I do any recordings. I understand Thunderbird its just that I think it could use improvement as I have heard actual artillery voices/sounds. Why not find some off youtube and convert it ?

a AH-64 is in the works atm, so far no Huey.

Maybe we add one later.

newhrl.jpg

I have added navy crew to boats, on this example soviet naval crewman

newpbr.jpg

also few more details were added to make PBR look more real

The textures shown on that PBR don't illustrate 'The finalised version' since the upcoming ones will be more 'Grey-ish', and therefore, closer to the real boats.

Quote[/b] ]

You can check this "artillery call chatter", maybe you will like it, maybe not ;P

http://www.sendspace.com/file/a24gcp

They seem to fit very well.

Thanks.

Quote[/b] ]Will you made Huey or Cobra?

apach_2.jpg

apach_1.jpg

apach_3.jpg

- Enhanced variant of Marco-Polo AH-64A (Black/Multirole) = [New External/Internal Textures - Merged textures (Number of textures decreased from 60 to only 3 textures) - Normal/Specular Maps - Realistic Values].

Regards,

TB

Looking good folks smile_o.gif One thing - isnt the Apache a dark-green colour as opposed to black? Or is that just the more modern versions?

Looking good folks smile_o.gif One thing - isnt the Apache a dark-green colour as opposed to black? Or is that just the more modern versions?

No, there is no such thing as a black AH64 in the US Army. The only black helicopters are flown by the SOAR (no, they don't have apaches).

The textures shown on that PBR don't illustrate 'The finalised version' since the upcoming ones will be more 'Grey-ish', and therefore, closer to the real boats.
Quote[/b] ]

You can check this "artillery call chatter", maybe you will like it, maybe not ;P

- Enhanced variant of Marco-Polo AH-64A (Black/Multirole)  = [New External/Internal Textures - Merged textures (Number of textures decreased from 60 to only 3 textures) - Normal/Specular Maps - Realistic Values].

Regards,

TB

The Apache shines too much, the sun is shining here too now and when I look outside I do not see the sun mirror on the paint of the Apaches here.  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Will you made Huey or Cobra?

crazy_o.gif

The Apache looks out of proportion. Maybe it is just the screenshot though.

Hey, what do I know I am a Kiowa man myself.

Scouts Out!!!

Thanks for the informations, opinions, feedback and resources.

We will manage to update the Apache according to these references.

Same goes for Materials (Normal/Specular Maps...).

Regards,

TB

Hmm that Apache is not bad ,but the NMap on the tail isnot too strong?? , one thing can u rework those rotors on that Apache ,because they are not so realistic specialy the tail rotor on that model and old lookin  wink_o.gif

Pic real rotor of old apache

Pic of new real ah64a rotor

This is only a little request tounge2.gif

I think its quite clear from that second pic that the Apache is definitely a dark brown-green. If I recall correctly, Marco Polo's and BIS' Apaches were definitely a dark gray-black. A change of colour would make them look much better, in addition to being more realistic.

Not all the US Apache Squadrons have the same paint, some are Black and Some are Olive Drab or Green.

Ive always liked His apaches however they really aren't that close to realistic, they kinda remind me of the Hunter from GTA San Andreas. The scale on some parts just seem off comparing it to photos, especially from the front view.

This shows some of what I'm talking about

17001501144.jpg

just a piucture of G3A3 for Bundeswehr from 1985 smile_o.gif

oldg3.jpg

i have a question than :

i was looking at internet sources but i couldn't find...

when (ca. year) HK replaced this type of foregrip with "no holes" as i have here made in weapons pack ( http://ofp.gamepark.cz/_hosted/vilas/screens/p85/w12.jpg )

is there a person who can say that both types of foregrips were in action in circa 1985 huh.gif

In my time at the BW (2000-2001) I didn't see any G3 with that foregrip without 'holes', so I assume there weren't many if at all.

So I'd say give the BW-soldiers the 'stock' G3s and you're safe. I'd also give the German snipers the G3 ZF (in case you planned to give them the G3 SG1).

One more thing: I thing you need to change the color a bit; the hue doesn't match what the majority of G3s looked like (at least for me). It needs to be more olive/yellowish, not 'leafish' green. (The initial BWMOD for OFP had the color right).

The G3A3 on this site pretty much has the 'right' green:

http://home.planet.nl/~rouw0062/dcdbase/fa_ar_g3.htm

okay, so i titled wrongly SG1, as my G3 is G3 ZF3, okay

and can i left with A4 as i made (linked picture) huh.gif

or i should do all G3 with "holes" huh.gif (A4 and scoped) huh.gif

and left "not holed" only for "guerillas" which "bought weapons from HK" wink_o.gif

I'm not sure but i doubt there are A4 rifles with scope (ZF = Zielfernrohr = scope btw).

I'm not the expert but i doubt there are many scoped G3 in the Bundeswehr. I'm not even sure they have been manufactured. I guess they just have been selected among rifles already in service and fitted with a scope, leaving the soldiers to fiddle together their chin thingy to be on the same height as the scope.

A4 is folded stock , A3 is fixed stock

i told A4 AND scoped, by "scoped" i meant A3 scoped, not "A4 scoped"

G3A3 + ZF3 will be for Marksman and they were manufactured and used by BW like every army had scoped selected rifles

question was basically : A4 in BW ?