Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

Thanks 2 all of ya, suggesters!

Off course noone of us ever saw "9th company" film, but thanks - I think that's very valueble information source. Since we're bunch n00bies here it's really something fresh for our narrow-thinking minds...  rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, you could consider songs from groups like Accept, The album "Metal Heart" is from 85, but one song from them that I think could represent this 80's atmosphere better is "Balls to the wall" from the 1983 album "Balls to the wall". Another group that I would consider is "Helloween" with their album "Keeper of the seven keys Part 1" and a good song from there could be "Future world", sort of used to make me think that future wasn't like the song puts it and that at any given time we would have a nuclear war, and them fealings where real.

Yeah-yeah. Sorry, but can you kindly buy us a license for all these tracks? However, good suggestion anyway - this music set will help us to expand our music section up to size of GTA San Andreas. Guess we need some ingame radios... P'85 Hip-Hop radio...or...P'85 soviet death metal station... smile_o.gif))

Quote[/b] ]they do represent the 80's to me too, but so it do Duran Duran and Depeche Mode.

Depeche Mode...Words like violence, break the silence? Heh, pure philosophy. Why not take A-ha too with their "Take on me, take me on!" - these lyrics represent harsh and uncompromise reality of war very good.  rofl.gif

Now seriously...thanks for suggestions - but don't think we don't know what we are doing. Pls, ppl, come with more prosaic and useful suggestions.

smile_o.gif

Guess we'll have new photosessions, which will come up in a few days, showing our progress (new infantry models (totally updated with new normalmaps) like hooded spetsnaz sniper, garrison units, unvested motorifle troops etc. etc. + some new vehicles like LAV-25, M1 and pre-alfa version of Su25) . So, be patient and stay tuned.

Small addition:

2WingedSerpent1969

It's russian pop-singer Buynov, singing song about VDV.

True VDV ensemble is called Blue Berets:

http://ru.youtube.com/watch?v=6d13980t_KE&feature=related - check this -  this song is one of the oldest and it's considered as unofficial VDV anthem.

All I'm going to say is that if any R + B gets in there, I'll shoot myself, probably after shooting you fellas too.

Thanks 2 all of ya, suggesters!

Off course noone of us ever saw "9th company" film, but thanks - I think that's very valueble information source. Since we're bunch n00bies here it's really something fresh for our narrow-thinking minds... rofl.gif

Quote[/b] ]Also, you could consider songs from groups like Accept, The album "Metal Heart" is from 85, but one song from them that I think could represent this 80's atmosphere better is "Balls to the wall" from the 1983 album "Balls to the wall". Another group that I would consider is "Helloween" with their album "Keeper of the seven keys Part 1" and a good song from there could be "Future world", sort of used to make me think that future wasn't like the song puts it and that at any given time we would have a nuclear war, and them feelings where real.

Yeah-yeah. Sorry, but can you kindly buy us a license for all these tracks? However, good suggestion anyway - this music set will help us to expand our music section up to size of GTA San Andreas. Guess we need some ingame radios... P'85 Hip-Hop radio...or...P'85 soviet death metal station... smile_o.gif))

Quote[/b] ]they do represent the 80's to me too, but so it do Duran Duran and Depeche Mode.

Depeche Mode...Words like violence, break the silence? Heh, pure philosophy. Why not take A-ha too with their "Take on me, take me on!" - these lyrics represent harsh and uncompromise reality of war very good. rofl.gif

Now seriously...thanks for suggestions - but don't think we don't know what we are doing. Pls, ppl, come with more prosaic and useful suggestions.

NSXr, I always had a lot of respect for you because of this mod, but don't think that because of it you can belittle me mate.

I was suggesting songs mate, knowing for a fact that you guys will only use some if not none of the suggested songs in this forums by the users.

Quote[/b] ]Ofcourse, ACDC, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Judas Priest, etc, they do represent the 80's to me too, but so it do Duran Duran and Depeche Mode.

Not mate this quote above wasn't me suggesting Duran Duran and Depeche mode, it was a way to say that not all 80's music would go well in such a mod, but please forgive my crazy and stupid remarks, in comparison to you we all are nothing ells but worthless piece of garbage.

Quote[/b] ] Off course noone of us ever saw "9th company" film, but thanks - I think that's very valueble information source. Since we're bunch n00bies here it's really something fresh for our narrow-thinking minds... rofl.gif

Maybe you should read again what I posted.

BTW, I don't know if any of you seen this film call "The 9th company", I think this Russian film is a good source of info, specially if you have the DVD with the extras. The only thing is that is based in the Russian-Afghan war, which is far from the European sort of conflict, but still cool.

The you could answer like this:

Yes mate, great film, we know that film, and we have some good reference already, but thanks anyway.

Of course, because you are such an "important" member of this forums, that "work so hard" on stuff for free, using so much of your spare time, you should always take any comment or suggestion as a negative feedback, or a very sarcastic comment against your work, or just a plain burst of jealousy against you because you are so grate.

Get of your horse and have a look at the ground before you jump over... mate.

I used to respect you, I just feel sorry for you now. goodnight.gif

I have to agree with Juan after reading some comments from NSXr lately.

It isn´t always the best way he answers and gives comments.

Forgive NSX, I'm sure he didn't mean to sound harsh or sarcastic.

Regarding the suggestions submitted thus far, let's consider the list as 'Closed', however only a few tracks can be implemented (due to the high number of suggested songs).

The MOD is steadily and nicely growing up, major modifications are currently performed, not only in terms of Models but in terms of features as well, since the Project will definitely feature the ECS MOD (Incoming 0.52 version) alongside with the best of what the SLX MOD offers.

Obviously, we will ensure that they will flawlessly work together.

Of course, despite the fact that all features will be included per default, nonethless they will all be 'Optional', therefore, you can disable/enable them according to your tastes.

Concerning the core Island, we seriously consider to ask Nicolas Bell to include Schmalfelden as it is actually the only first-rate island that fits with the MOD's theme and era.

By the way, thank you all for your votes on the website.

Regards,

TB

2 Juan

Quote[/b] ]Of course, because you are such an "important" member of this forums, that "work so hard" on stuff for free, using so much of your spare time, you should always take any comment or suggestion as a negative feedback, or a very sarcastic comment against your work, or just a plain burst of jealousy against you because you are so grate.

Get of your horse and have a look at the ground before you jump over... mate.

Sorry, but I can't understand you. I clearly divided my message into 2 parts - "funny commentaries" and "speaking seriously" (direct quote), telling suggesters to stick more to prosaic suggestions as we already have sets of music we need. If you can't understand jokes and "feel sorry" about me...well, that's not my problem. So, please, remove this masohistic part of your reply, as I didn't call you "worthless pieces of garbage". Please, don't impute your "characteristics" to my posts. Right?

About 9th company...well, I admit. There was some sarcasm, but mainly because such "references" are direct insulting towards me, as I and Steve are Soviet side advisors  and I would NEVER use this film as reference for ANY serious project. Bondarchuk shot twisted history (oh-oh, how cruel soviet army is!wink_o.gif, memory of our soldiers and went against real facts. Film for two categories of people: westerners (to say "Yes, Soviet army was terrible place to serve" (bended PKM barrels, commanders, forgetting to lend some artillery support etc.) and girlies (to cry about silly deaths of main heroes).

You know, there are MUCH better films about Afghanistan (like "Afghanskyi izlom"), but I suppose you simply don't know about it. Believe me - we use more reliable sources and my own experience (as I served in RF Army myself).

So, to assume my words - don't understand me wrong, but there's no need in your diatribe, since you just didn't understand me.

2 Tarik

Please don't work as my advocate, mate. I have enough vocabulary supply to clear situation myself, since it's just a simple inattentive and misunderstanding reading of my post. I gave my explanations and hope Juan will understand them.

2Cameron

Fear not, mate. No R'n'B - that's for sure.

I would suggest for "Project'85 + ECS +SLX" - standard setting is "Project'85" and who want more can change some features via configs (they should have of course good hints/documentation). smile_o.gif

2 NoRailgunner

This is conception we already have. Even addons and replacements will have "module" system.

Thanks, hope the team find enough spare time and motivation and coffee to keep this Mod turning into the sunlight. I'm curious about it.

2Norailgunner

Glad you like it. All compliments should go to Thunderbird84, since he was working hard to make such system real. smile_o.gif

I see newest picture in ArmedAssalut.info forums:

klmkhood.jpg

What about the other Russian Soliders they have hoods too like in CWR?

1914aa08ff07.jpg

And last quesstion, in russian soliders will be that specnaz sniper ( with hood ) and second specnaz sniper with bandana on the head? I hope yes.

Hi, amazing Frogfoot, i hope that the cockpit look something like

the INQ's OFP SU-25 cockpit but with better targeting camera. Let's C ya

Hi, amazing Frogfoot, i hope that the cockpit look something like

the INQ's OFP SU-25 cockpit but with better targeting camera. Let's C ya

He, Wipman,

we know that the expectations are quite high and will try the hardest to not let down... yet, to be completely honest - the SU we're developing at the moment looks better from outside than form inside - but he issue is being handled with great care and motivation, so you can be sure that improvements are being carried out properly wink_o.gif

And just on a sidenote:

a rather quick shot on what's on the dashboard besides the Sukhoi atm;

p85gu8.jpg

Just wanted to drop by and say that you fellas are really doing a great job. You've outfitted your team with all kinds of crazy skills and the amount of addons you're biulding is utterly bewildering(in a good way). It's great to see an addon crew with that much determination, coordination and skills sets.

If you madding DDR soliders they have helmets like this:

181933695_140ec77f66.jpg

helmet look like SLA helmet from 1.01 patch...

wink_o.gif  wink_o.gif

4-klmk_elite1.jpg

[sarcazm] We thank it Maza. Without your valuable advices and essential notes all whole our work would be nothing unworth [/sarcazm]

I will risk warn but - MAZA - STOP NONSENSE WRITING, AND STOP SPAMMING IN THIS THEME.

Hi, well Topas... by the screenshots that i've seen i belive that the

quality of the Project 85' addons will be very high, at the side of

the Maa & PSC addons, but for be honest... what im awaiting for,

is that LAV-25III that Mechastalin is working on, ain't like to carry

out my dear Johnn's USMC units in damn army Strykers; but anyways,

some of the Project 85' addons look better than some of the CWR

addons and well; everyone here seems to be doing a very good job,

as player and "texturer" all what i can say is that i like what i see.

Let's C ya

Aaaah! Bundeswehr! biggrin_o.gif

Great you are going to include these. Will you add the HK69? Otherwise the german units wouldn't have any grenade launcher.

Seeing that SU-25 pic is just outstanding.

Topas, i think you have made the textures:

My hat goes off to you, i love this rusty, worn out look!

Only two things i don´t like that much so far:

The weapons look a bit low poly, guess these are OFP imports?

Also what are these two things above the engines either side?

I love this mod biggrin_o.gif

Maza : we know about DDR helmet and about other pouches for AK, better find some time (if you wanna be helpful ) to search for Bundeswehr gear from that era, as now all stuff in the internet is flecktarn era, but probably webbings, pouches bags could be different that time than since flecktarn was introduced

Thx all

I can only say this...

Yes, we are

Quote[/b] ]'madding DDR soliders'

and despite the material offered as reference we decided to go for a look like this.

nvacr1.jpg

Questions regarding Weapons or technical details of the Aircraft will be answered by other competent members of the Mod wink_o.gif

Note

This all is just lousy shots for info purposes. Do not use any as news items smile_o.gif Proper Beautyshots for use in News sections will be provided by our PRman & State Photographer, NSXr

Maza : we know about DDR helmet and about other pouches for AK, better find some time (if you wanna be helpful ) to search for Bundeswehr gear from that era, as now all stuff in the internet is flecktarn era, but probably webbings, pouches bags could be different that time than since flecktarn was introduced

Hi Vilas!

You could ask Metalchris from the BWMod. He was working on Bundewehr troops for Germany '85, so he may have some information for you. Or you could "hijack" the BWMod forum. Many users are former members of the Bundeswehr...

Sorry, to ask again: How about a HK69?

those things on engines are flare-launchers, not textured yet

rest is alfa/beta w.i.p.

I thought that HK 79 would be more suitable for G3 in 85

I thought HK 69 is for G36

in further patches for sure but at the moment weapon pack is nearly finished and will be released for my other addons and other mods purpose with some teaser addons

if you will give me good references on both HK79 and HK 69 maybe i will manage to add them now, but all on PM please