Sign in to follow this  
vilas

PROJECT'85 TOPIC

I have to say thought the props and uniforms for the movie were pretty good for such a low budget film.

Patroling polish side of Tatra Mountains (not edited in any way).

6848603b69ff.jpg

60150633e33a.jpg

0a41a76dfe54.jpg

bcfd1ef31ddb.jpg

One piece

f1dc232ed883.jpg

c1204b6c20f9.jpg

a2cac66e2004.jpg

One piece

@para-trooper

In Russia you can shoot very good film with budget, that will be low for american standarts (remember fantastic works on special effects in Day and Night Watches). Also don't forget that Russian actors won't be payed millions of dollars like in Hollywood. And you can't expect bad actors' play in country that gave Stanislavsky to the world. tounge2.gif About uniforms, vehicles and their authenticity - it's not matter of how much money do you have.

Ok, end of my small offtopic. Sorry.

Biggest PR avalanche I ever saw. So won't stop this advertisment machine. tounge2.gif

1d61a6a2eaed.jpg

c0202027f6e3.jpg

7b3ebaa52b93.jpg

1115bf20307d.jpg

28e18d835618.jpg

bb7352943d29.jpg

One piece

stop the PR crazy_o.gif can't wait for this project to get done, and now the PR. I hope after release host websites can handle that big numebr of downloaders, that PR made tounge2.gif

I already told NSX and Ingram that in this case "less is sometimes more" applies.

In other words most pics will go to CF thread and only really new things should be shown here.

notworthy.gif Great stuff guys, this looks like one hell of a mod.

Now those are quality pics. 2 questions though:

1. Why do most of the cold war mods pick 1985 as their main date ? Why not 1983 or 1989

2. I hope you haven't forgotten about the BMD-1P and BMP-1P. They were standard models for the Soviet army during the 1980's wink_o.gif

@Universal

1. My answer is simple - "because". Simply speaking "kakoi vopros - takoi otvet".

2. Oh, I really don't think we need BMD, although Kenhi is doing BMD-1\2. We simply don't have VDV units yet.

Biggest PR avalanche I ever saw. So won't stop this advertisment machine. tounge2.gif

Arrr .... you know that you are tantalizeing us with this?!?

That's quite unfair!!!! confused_o.gif

biggrin_o.gif

1. Why do most of the cold war mods pick 1985 as their main date ? Why not 1983 or 1989

Because OFP was set in 1985, I presume.

@Universal

1. My answer is simple - "because". Simply speaking "kakoi vopros - takoi otvet".

2. Oh, I really don't think we need BMD, although Kenhi is doing BMD-1\2. We simply don't have VDV units yet.

Guys in KLMK were actually VDV before we just didnt use the berets as im rather unsure if they would really wear them in the field.

AFAIK berets are most commonly worn during prazdnikey (parade's) , i could be wrong about this. I have seen photos of VDV in excercises with berets standing to attention (recent photos) so I am not sure about soviet vdv times.

Guys in KLMK were actually VDV before we just didnt use the berets as im rather unsure if they would really wear them in the field.

Hm, would be nice to have an officer with a blue beret.

actually we are debating - should in 1985 US tank crew should have XM-177 like in OFP or M3A1 :

wip_m3a1.jpg

well that depends on what vehicle the crew is from, I think.

But overall my vote goes to the Grease gun. I love that weapon. biggrin_o.gif

Lennard. wink_o.gif

Until I see any sort of proof that the CAR-15 was actually issued to tank crewmen, I'd say the Greasegun.

AFAIK berets are most commonly worn during prazdnikey (parade's) , i could be wrong about this. I have seen photos of VDV in excercises with berets standing to attention (recent photos) so I am not sure about soviet vdv times.

You are absolutely correct! Berets do look cool, but they are way to impractical to be worn in the field. You will see plenty of pictures of VDV troopers with berets during the high profile exercises, but almost none in Afghanistan/Chechnya. In 1985 they would have either worn a helmet if deployed by land (although helmets were generally not issued to the VDV at the time) or a field hat(pilotka)/jump helmet if deployed by plane.

Peace,

DreDay

Quote[/b] ]actually we are debating - should in 1985 US tank crew should have XM-177 like in OFP or M3A1 :

Offcouse they should have the M3A1 - with a M1911A1 as a sidearm smile_o.gif