Sign in to follow this  
Munkee(GBR)

UK SAS addon

Hey,

Just wanted to show you what I have been working on. I am just waiting and hoping that a very, very good addon team will give their permission for me to use one of their works in my addon release before I am allowed to release this to you all.

A PREVIOUS STAGE

MY 8 MAN SAS PATROL WITH LOADOUTS AND IN ACTION READY FOR RELEASE

MunkeeGBR

Pics look nice. But a serious buzz kill seeing this in the "complete" section.

I was waiting for permission to use part of someone else's addon inside my addon, but have found what I needed in Vilas Weapons addon which works without needing permission.

With a lot of help from members of the community, I have finally reached the point of release for my UK SAS 8 man desert patrol.

Bravo Two Zero

DOWNLOAD 1: click here for .7z

DOWNLOAD 2: click here for .rar

You will need the following addons for my addon to work;

Plumose Desert Weapons

Aimpoint Desert Weapons

UKF Weapons

Vilas Weapons

SUMMARY:

This addon is based on the ill-fated desert patrol unit "Bravo Two Zero" from the 1991 Gulf War.

The 8 units have worn fatigues, swathy skin tone, facial growth and as realistic a loadout as I can give them at this time.

At the moment, they have no bergens (heavy pack), this will be included in the 2nd release of this addon later in the year. 2nd release will also work to fix things like blood textures which do not work at the moment.

I really hope you enjoy this addon, but if you have any comments or pick up any bugs, please let me know with a PM on this website.

Best wishes,

MunkeeGBR

Brilliant thanks! Can you make a repacment pbo to replace in game special forces with these?

Nice release, they look decent. Just a quick question, would it be possible to release these without the dependency on the weapon addons? i.e use BIS Defaults? I think ppl would get more use out of these.

Nice job tho.

Nice release, they look decent.  Just a quick question, would it be possible to release these without the dependency on the weapon addons?  i.e use BIS Defaults?  I think ppl would get more use out of these.

Nice job tho.

indeed

Nice release, they look decent.  Just a quick question, would it be possible to release these without the dependency on the weapon addons?  i.e use BIS Defaults?  I think ppl would get more use out of these.

Nice job tho.

I`m very much in favour of it...  icon_rolleyes.gif

I agree... default BIS weapons would I think be better until one custom weapons pack can be created with the specific weapons used by the SAS. That is much better then using a whole bunch of massive weapons packs.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

What the last few posters have said, I agree... please drop many (if not all) of the weapon pack requirements. Seems the mood here is that you can even go with BIS weapons until you create nice and compact weapon pack for SAS units.

8 units + 4 weapon packs?

Please change this dependancy at least only to one (eg. UKF Weapon Pack) pack. smile_o.gif

I agree... default BIS weapons would I think be better until one custom weapons pack can be created with the specific weapons used by the SAS.  

In early 1991? Bog standard M16/M203 combos and Minimis

cammed up with paint (and a 66 in the top of the Bergan).

In those days they didn't have any of the flashy crap that

everyone seems to love to stick all over their weapons

nowadays.

But given the webbing they're wearing, this addon is

apparently supposed to represent a patrol from some time

after Granby. Photos of  that particular Bravo Two Zero

callsign show them in 1970s COP vests and belt kits and

what looks like an NI patrol chest rig.

I'll not go into that any further, though, lest I come across

as an S.A.S. groupie. The soldier figures, I do have

to say, are absolutely cracking. They look double hard

(whereas most soldier addons tend to have a somewhat

"lobotomized" look to me). Definitely one of the more

interesting soldier addons on here for a while, as far as

I'm concerned.

I'll not go into that any further, though, lest I come across

as an S.A.S. groupie.

He he he, lol, I got a lot of shit in the past just for that, and I am no expert, lol.

Back to topic.

I too support the no weapons dependency. I understand why is done like that, but sometimes people use stuff like this units for a mission and the may be already using another weapon pack, making the hall lot a very hefty download just to play a mission.

Good units tho, I been hoping for something like that sens OFP first came out nearly a decade ago.

I'm with everyone's comments on the weapons. As for the units themselves, I don't think I've seen any previous ArmA units with so much character. As Col. Faulkner sez:

DOUBLE HARD!

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UK SAS DESERT PATROL v1.1 (no 3rd party addons required)

ADDON : UK SAS - Desert Patrol made by MunkeeGBR

Version : 1.1 - NO OTHER ADDONS REQUIRED!

Based on the 8 man UK SAS Desert Patrol Team Bravo Two Zero from 1991 Gulf War theatre

In order to make these units work without the need for 3rd party addons, there has to be a sacrifics on their weapon loadouts.

- 4 members with M16/203s, 1xM136, 8 203 bombs, 1x grenade, 1x white smoke.

- 4 members with Minimis, 1xM136, 1x grenade, 1x white smoke, M9 pistol and 8 magazines.

Units have a mixture of Woollen Hats, Shemaghs, rolled up sleeves or long sleeves, googles, swathy skin tones and facial growth, worn fatigues.

CHANGELOG

This release (v1.1), is hot on the heals of the inital release (v1.0) and USES NO 3RD PARTY ADDONS - JUST DROP AND GO!

Many people commented in the BI FORUMS that the v1.0 addon relied far too much on 3rd party addons, and yes it does. I haven't had time to put together a UK SAS weapons pack. Sorry.

A full and proper 2nd release will follow v1.0 and v1.1 which will;

- Work to update the inital release by providing 8 further models WITH bergens (large packs) so you'll be able to choose between having bergens or not.

- The 2nd release will also have a dedicated SAS Weapons Pack so there won't be lots of 3rd party addons to have more accurate weapons.

- The 2nd release will also aim to fix things like proper classnames, blood textures, shadow volumes and other minor things which aren't fully working with these inital release. I'm sorry, I am a noob with a day job too!

Please contact me with any bugs you find and I will attempt to iron them out for the 2nd release. Thanks.

CREDITS AND THANKS :

People who have commented and fed back with respect. Thank you. I am no expert, I just wanted to put something out which reflected B20 and it was as good as I could make it.  I hope for those of you who are finding shortcomings, you still enjoy it.

I need some sleep!

======================

DISCLAIMER :

======================

I take no responsibility for (im)possible damage to your game/system that may be caused

by installation of this Addon. This Addon is also prohibited to be used in any commercial product.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD UK SAS DESERT PATROL v1.1 (no 3rd party addons required)

Version : 1.1 - NO OTHER ADDONS REQUIRED!

Thank you very much.

Quote[/b] ]I haven't had time to put together a UK SAS weapons pack. Sorry.

No need to be sorry, at least I'm grateful for quick fix for the good soldier addon, that's all what matters now.

Quote[/b] ]Please contact me with any bugs you find and I will attempt to iron them out for the 2nd release. Thanks.

I'll take a look at this new update and get back to you smile_o.gif

Can anyone confirm that these units do not show up in the mission editor while running ace 1.06? I have disabled ace and can see them fine, maybe something is conflicting somewhere? I have the same issue with Mile's Teg's new Taliban.

Edit:-

Damn post messed up due to the forum not allowing 2 underscores!!! mad_o.gif

Thankyou for releasing these lovely units to us mate, they look great!! Glad to see you took them weapons packs away an even happier that your making a specific pack  biggrin_o.gif  .

If your require some sounds for your weapons, just PM me mate I'd be happy to help.

Thanks again for your work.

<EDIT>

Ooo question, I thought the SAS used diemaco variants of the m4/m16 during this particular time period ?

Also, I'm not sure what your gonna add to the weapons, but those compact G3's the SAS use are sweet..(from my understanding, they were modular in design, similar to these new SCAR's). Anyways enough rambling, keep it coming mate great job so far!

Mark XIII

hihibanner14a.png