Sign in to follow this  
STALKERGB

British Special Forces

Hello everybody!

I have finally managed to finish my British Special Forces, there is still alot i would like to do with them but haven't had the time so will add or change in the future.

Right, down to the details, these units are not really meant to represent a particular part of the British Special Forces they are more a generic "Special Forces" you can use. So you can call the SAS/SBS/CTU or whatever when you make mission etc.

The addon contains both Recon and Assault units, the main difference between the two at the moment is the amount of gear they are carrying but in the future i might remove the Body Armour on the recon units. The units are mainly based off pictures (from 2004 onwards i think) of the SAS in Iraq.

-There are 6 Assault Units and 6 Recon.

-The Blood works on all the units.

-Added RAV (i think thats the name of it) Body Armour.

-Helmets based on some of the pictures of UKSF in Iraq.

There is also a Recon unit with an AK74 for "behind enemy lines for ten weeks in a row" missions. Was going to make the AK74 but haven't had the time to make one how i wanted so have stuck with the normal one for now.

Anyway,

I have also made a number of different versions of the L119A1 used by the UKSF, these are included in this addon, these are the first weapons i have made so do forgive any errors (which there certainly are) most of it is just the AG36 being named as the M203 and similar non-game-breaking mistakes. NO error messages as far as i'm aware.

There is a weapon box with all the guns in to keep things tidy. All weapons have silenced counterparts.

-L119A1

-L119A1 AimPoint M68

-L119A1 Acog

-L119A1 Acog AG36

-L119A1 Elcan

-L119A1 Elcan AG36

Think thats it, there is also the L108A1 (FN Minimi) in the weapon box.

SAS-TheTeams.jpg

Larger

SAS-TeamLeaders.jpg

Larger

SAS-Gunners.jpg

Larger

Download British Special Forces (ATI Update)

EDIT: The link above will take you to the updated version that should work for those getting the texture errors, if it doesn't just say and i will have another look.

Hope you all enjoy smile_o.gif

STALKERGB

Looking really good, shame about Megaupload hating my PC lol

If you could get this on another mirror that'd be great.

Yet another kick ass job, as always. Never ceases to amaze me, mate. Great job!  biggrin_o.gif  notworthy.gif

PS- MAte, if you need another mirror, let me know. I can get it up for you without any problems. smile_o.gif

They look very nice!

Good job, i really like the variety!

Is there any chance of a version of these minus their rucks? Would be lovely to use them in ACE and use ACE packs =]

Nice looking units from what I've done with them so far =]

One emoticon to sum it all up

notworthy.gif

Thank you for these guys thumbs-up.gif

They look very good.  However one question.  Why are almost all of the recent British infantry addons done with mixed uniforms on the desert guys (mixed with woodland tops)?huh.gif    I know that this happened with both the US and UK military at the beginning of the Iraq and Afghanistan conflicts...  However these days do many units still have mixed gear like that?   That would seem very strange and unprofessional to me.  I understand the reason for it at the beginning of a conflict (supplies are not always in place in adequate amounts when a unit is deployed on short notice with minimal logistics support).  

Anyways... its just something that drives me nuts and is why I've only downloaded ONE British addon pack that had proper desert uniforms that weren' mixed.  

Oh the other thing.... are they wearing American DCU's???  Is that common for SAS to wear DCU's??

Aside from that, the models look excellent.  I'm not familiar with the body armor so I can't comment on whether its accurate or not, but it looks good as does the rest of the gear.  However I'm hesistant to use the addon unless indeed this is typical of the uniforms and equipment of the SAS today. I'm not saying its not... I just have never seen pictures of SAS outfitted like that.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

I've often seen S.A.S. depicted with mixed camo over the decades.

I think it is very smart, as it breaks up the human silhouette at long distances.

Few of those who design camo patterns know how to make effective camo. That's why you're getting all of these extremely busy patterns that are useful if your enemy is standing 15 feet away.

Uniformity is for the regular army. Special Forces can afford to be unconventional.

That's fine and all, but I'm asking if these guys are representative of current SAS kit and uniforms not that of a decade ago.  From what I've seen of current British forces in Afghanistan, they all are dressed in normal desert DPM uniforms with a few special units using MICH helmets along with Mk6 helmets. Not sure about body armor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Excellent work as always STALKER. Love it. Simply beautiful.

im being pretty petandic maybe, but as an imput it might help.

the current kit your project on your sas units is nowhere near "exact" atm.

from the weapons to their gear.

first of:

the weapon, whilest the geezers use the L119 (i have one myself), the model youve done lacks several characteristica the british version has.

also, the ag36/l17a1 is wrong in proportions, and rather represents the eglm version of the hk ag36.

the main battlesight is the ACOG TA01 NSN, any other sight should only be considered on the CQB variant, which houses optics like the aimpoint comp m3 or m4, eotech 512, or also the ACOG ta01 nsn with backup ironsight or docter reddot.

no elcan is used on these, only maybe with dutch units.

the main suppressor is not the KAC QD like you have on your sfw´s but the surefire FA556SA as seen in the recent direct action pictures.

i´ll post pics of an correct sfw later on as im at work atm.

to the gear.

i see that your units wear bodyarmour (RAV´s), but unfortunately, these type of vest is only used for CQB and not for landside ops, especially since you depicted your units in this type (temperate DPM´s).

Landside Op´s are rather undertaken in a very old fashioned manner, means, DPM combats (smock, trousers),  no helmet, and an assault vest but no RAV.

they do this, because the RAV is very bulky, and youre not too mobile with it.

it is very common for sf not to use any kind of armour on land-side op´s,altough i know that sometimes they use simple vests, like black ouvert soft armour or so called ghan plate carriers.

the pouch arrangement on the RAV´s is pretty... random and not accurate (wrong pouches, wrong holster etc).

if you cant find the accurate ones give me a shout i have a paraclette RAV at home.

they also dont have any sort of comms, which i would definately sort out.

atm they use thales mbitr´s and selex ct5 tacmic´s with D shaped earplugs or comtac 2/sordin headsets.

helmets are michs with PVS 21 mounts (also got that at home)

as you can see i´m pretty nuts with the sas and ive got really ALOT of their gear, which friends who worked/work with them did get me wink_o.gif

about the camo question.

they only wear/mix camo´s when working with the us sf as brits would cause alot of attention in that area (see task force 88/ task force black).

so, when they´re "on their" own, they dont mix camo.

so in that respect, i think you still have ALOT of work to do wink_o.gif

That's fine and all, but I'm asking if these guys are representative of current SAS kit and uniforms not that of a decade ago.  From what I've seen of current British forces in Afghanistan, they all are dressed in normal desert DPM uniforms with a few special units using MICH helmets along with Mk6 helmets.  Not sure about body armor.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Why are you asking about the SAS? As if anybody knows...

I do have to say, why get desert DPM when you are in urban areas? I suppose it just simplifies it but whatever; I am not in any knowledge of the SAS.

Quote[/b] ]Why are you asking about the SAS? As if anybody knows..

there are people who know...

right well about the camo choice, i have done the mix the way i have because most of my reference photos came were of SAS in Iraq.

Pics like this:

sas-group.jpg

@nephilim,

Can you elaborate on the difference of characteristics between my L119A1's and the real ones please. Or like you said post a pic and mark/state what is different.

As for the silencer that will be changed when i find time to do so, and the Elcans were added just so there was another varient of the weapon (even if its not accurate).

The AG36 is dodgey i know that, again, it will be sorted when i have the time.

As i have already said when i get the chance to make a decent assault vest i will remove the RAV's on the Recon units (which will be called Recce next time)  smile_o.gif

The RAV pouch arrangement is done with what i had available to me (all that stuff is BIS) again, when i get time i will make it more accurate.

The comms thing i will sort smile_o.gif

@helping hand, seeing as there will be tons of stuff i am gonna need to change i will remover the rucksacks from the Assault units when i re-do them.

Any update will probably be around easter, been really pushed for time recently (writing this on my break at college).

ill post pics of my sfw along with rs parts tonite.

the pic shows TF88/Black, which was/is a joint op in iraq with american forces. thus the camo mix.

however, when moving independantly or with just brits around, they not always can be distinguished from normal squaddies.

land ops would look like this :

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/iraq/UKSF-2.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/iraq/sasi6.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/iraq/sasi24.jpg

http://www.konstipation.com/stuff/walt/sas/afghan/uksasa.jpg

temperate kits would look similar, just switch the deserts for normal combats.

some lads do wear us bdu´s because they´re more durable than british ddpm clothes (they really feal like pajamas o.O)

@nephilim,

Yeah that kinda thing is what i eventually want my UKSF recce units to look like, just need to get round to making the assault vest before i sort anything else out.

Cheers in advance for the SFW pics.

@jungle.sniper, lol too quick i am smile_o.gif