Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

Red Orchestra OstFront 41-45 new update

Yes, great game, I still occasionally play it. I wish it had the free form of Arma though. And iron sight zoom(kind of controversial issue this)

Definitely a must have for anyone who likes realistic shooters.

This is the only game I play regular now and yes it rules and always has. Yea RO with trackIR support would be.....awesome smile_o.gif

This thread reminded me that I have RO, and I spent a pleasant hour sniping Germans from Windows biggrin_o.gif Along with H&D 2, it's the only WW2 shooter than doesn't make me want to cry inside!

I've played it since it was still a mod for UT2k3.

Well worth five dollars/euros ( It's only three quid if you're British! ). There are also some great mods for it if you don't like playing on the eastern front.

I'd hadn't played RO for a few months before yesterday (or even opened Steam for that matter - updates EVERYWHERE). I've kinda lost my divine skills with the bolt action rifles, which is hindering my ability to get an excellent marksman silver/gold achievement, but it's a lot of fun trying. wink_o.gif

you can always disable the automatic games updating in each game properties smile_o.gif

also the point of updates on STEAM is to keep only 1 version of game (except e.g. betas) which mean less bug report clutter about outdated versions ...

also it's huge advantage when all players have same version instead of MP community being fragmented between multiple

I just purchased it thanks been looking to get this as well. Good looking out

Resistance and liberation(mod for HL2) is very good too, though its kinda buggy and in early alpha. Still recommended though. If you can find someone to play with.

http://www.resistanceandliberation.com/

Wow that does look awesome will be downloading that tonight as well thanks for the headsup

The first time you shoot the superstructure of a Su76 from a tiger and see it going forward and fightting back or crash your IS-2 on a wooded fence halting the tank all the "realism" will go directly out of the window.

REALISM??

Well if you look hard enough on any game you will at some point find a "gamey" element.

This doesnt erase the fact that there are also good points about the game.

The first time you shoot the superstructure of a Su76 from a tiger and see it going forward and fightting back or crash your IS-2 on a wooded fence halting the tank all the "realism" will go directly out of the window.

REALISM??

Yeah but when talking about the other features of the game the realism will fly right back from the window.

REALISM??

it's realistic for early and mid war tanks ... they were penetrateable ...

ofc the panther / tiger killing with PTRD is maybe too easy but usually not so easy if you at distance or target is moving ...

but it's game ...

usually Tiger can kill Su76 in single hit while Su-76 hitting tiger in 9 out of 10 tries will richo (except from back/sides)

also take in mind the distances most of combat arms ones are sub 1km so armor and angling plays limited role (it helps but not as on 1.5-3km ranges)

and no ability to crush objects was explained long time ago

it's engine limitation as in moment you allow such destruct-able objects they increase server CPU load and MP traffic as it's always tracked (and i fear even constantly)

it's nearly as realistic (more could be done but not w/o huge timesink) as it could be done w/o new engine like UE3