Sign in to follow this  
Nightjay0044

Army & Marine Operations

hi, okay, I'm not sure where to find this stuff on the net.

I don't know what words to type in google.

But I'm looking for references of detail that contain information about army and marine operations.

Such as, seek and destroy, raid, capture and hold, special forces.

I would like info about each of these and what is intailed in each of the operations.

Because it gives me ideas and good sense of what to make in missions for Operation Flashpoint or ArmA.

Thanks all. smile_o.gif

There are some interesting readings for making more realistic operations missions within the OFP/ArmA series in this old thread.

I think i saw another thread about the same subject either here or on OFPEC, but can't find it.

Some USMC publications to look up:

FMFM 1-2, Marine Troop Leader's Guide

FMFM 6-4, Marine Rifle Company/Platoon

<a href="http://www.marines.mil/news/publications/Documents/MCWP%203-11.2%20Marine%20Rifle%20Squad.pdf" target="_blank">

FMFM 6-5, Marine Rifle Squad</a>

FM 21-75, Combat Training of the Individual Soldier and Patrolling

OH 6-6, Marine Rifle Squad, Nov 83

You should also look for publications from the "Marine Corps Institute" (MCI). They take a number of larger publications and boil them down into a smaller, easy-to-read course on a specific topic.

There's a bajillion of them out there, covering everything from explosives to reverse osmosis water purifiers. Terms you want to look for are "rifle squad/platoon", "infantry", and "warfare", I assume these are the kind of operations you are asking about (as opposed to checkpoint, security, convoy, maintenance, classroom, or other types of military operations).

Marines can download them for free from the MCI website, but you might be able to find them somewhere on Google or a file sharing service.

Usually I buy a book off the Amazon to get ideas for missions for my squad =)