Sign in to follow this  
Sennacherib

Thyria: sands of resistance.

should i release the next addons for OFP?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. should i release the next addons for OFP?

• yes
    • no
    • you alone can choose (don't vote that lol)

When will be a next release ;) ? Although one addons :p

Your mod is a reason why i look at BI Forum sometimes.

Keep it up! Good that you are back.

a little exclusive gift: the WTU spec APC (still WIP) ;)

wtusapc.th.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

this vehicle was intended as a surprise but ... ;)

this is hell of good work

---------- Post added at 10:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 AM ----------

have a question about your MAV-20 IFV is based on Patria AMV 8x8??

not anymore. i reworked this IFV, and it has a new shape, but the MAV-20 APC still has some features from the Patria AMV and also some features from other vehicles.

I have 350 mo of pictures from different vehicles or weapons. For example the GTK boxer, the Rooikat, also some turret pictures: Elbit system, cockerill turrets, Oto melara turrets etc etc.

so my vehicles are a mix of all of that. :p

currently i rework the WTU elite soldier, because i don't like the animation in ofp. So i try to make a better model. I search someone who could help me in 1 week with the animations.

I have 2 problems, the czech language (Prameno etc etc) , and i don't understand how work the animations of the selections (exemple: why the backs of soldiers move with the arms)

For what the selections mean :

http://www.lowlandswarrior.nl/home/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=8&Itemid=8

If the back is moving with the arm in OFPAnim, it means that the back of the soldiers are included (mistake ?) in a same named selection as the arm.

By example, if you select in O2 "lbiceps" and notice that in the panel it selects not only the left biceps vertices, but a few vertices in the back too, everytime the left biceps will move the few vertices in the back too.

thx a lot Sanctuary for the link.

By example, if you select in O2 "lbiceps" and notice that in the panel it selects not only the left biceps vertices, but a few vertices in the back too, everytime the left biceps will move the few vertices in the back too.

is it possible to see the movement of the animations in OFPanim? (for example in 3dsmax, you can see how moves the skeleton.)

because it is a little bit difficult to have nice animations in ofp, so i would like to have a preview of the animations.

btw i tried OFPanim, a long time ago, and it is very difficult to use.

a other question: how I could do for that soldiers themselves (without orders) take weapons (on dead soldiers or in ammocrates) when they run out of ammunition

Edited by Sennacherib

Yes would be so great if OFPAnim used skeletons and IK like by example Blender

clipboard01cf.jpg

Unfortunately, OFPAnim all i know for OFP but should be enough to see if the selections are correct, there's some kind of RTM plugin for maya or 3DS that i have no experience with and can't help.

OFPAnim was a great little app,which provided us all with plenty of new animations( Sanc;) )

and static poses.But doing anything dynamic with it,especially from scratch,feels like using

one of those coin operated machines,with the little metal claw.

If animating had been easier,we probably would've seen more diversity in

character addons.But it looks like we're stuck with what already exists.

The maxscripts from Sandro De parma can preview and create new anims,

once it's set up.But editing existing ones is not possible,as far as I know.

I don't know about the Maya versions they're based on,from Teacup.

ok, thx for your replies, i'm going to do my best with OFPanim, but don't expect a perfect result like Sanc's animations :p

WTU special force APC (still WIP), as you can see, i changed the shape.

wtusapc.th.jpg

more pictures: http://3d-mod.over-blog.com/

:)

ok, thx for your replies, i'm going to do my best with OFPanim, but don't expect a perfect result like Sanc's animations :p

WTU special force APC (still WIP), as you can see, i changed the shape.

[Anewsome tank picture]

more pictures: http://3d-mod.over-blog.com/

:)

Thanks for the great mod man, by the way are you going to make missions or a campaign? If you release something like an update (If you planning to) of the island and well the next update of units I can make something by myself with your permission of course... BTW: Who is the thyrian army going to fight against?

sorry i'm not at all a mission maker :p yes of course you are free to make missions. As soon as the new stuff are ready, i'm going to put a dl link here ;)

The Thyrian Federation fight against the WTU army (World Trade Union) :)

sorry i'm not at all a mission maker :p yes of course you are free to make missions. As soon as the new stuff are ready, i'm going to put a dl link here ;)

The Thyrian Federation fight against the WTU army (World Trade Union) :)

Oh thats alright in that case I can help you, but I kindly want to ask you if you can tell me a little bit some background history if you can, share some ideas like history, places... You know some stuff like that, so I can do some more specific stuff with it, for now I will start making a few missions with the stuff I have, some WTU soldiers, a few vehicles, I think I have all the stuff you released...

Following names of the RAR's dowloaded:

Thyria soldiers + weapons (Thyria & WTU soldiers, weapons)

Thyria vehicles + readme (Some Thyrian and WTU vehicles v2 beta)

Thyria map.

I guess it all I have, will try to do something with it today.

About the addons, most of the previous are replaced now, so you should wait the new addons before creating missions. With the old addons, your missions would have problems with the new addons.

for example: the volunteer IFV is replaced, the old fsl14 (rifle) is replaced, the volunteers have grenade launcher like the milkor etc etc.

About the addons, most of the previous are replaced now, so you should wait the new addons before creating missions. With the old addons, your missions would have problems with the new addons.

for example: the volunteer IFV is replaced, the old fsl14 (rifle) is replaced, the volunteers have grenade launcher like the milkor etc etc.

In that case I wait until you release the new stuff, wich after seeing a few images on your blog it looks incredible, good work man.

thx mate ;)

btw someone knows if this is possible to do that:

an other question: how I could do to make, the soldiers themselves (without orders) take weapons (on dead soldiers or in ammocrates) when they don't have anymore ammunition

thx mate ;)

btw someone knows if this is possible to do that:

it can be done but it's a pain in the a$$

first you need an array of all soldiers in the vicinity. then you need to add an event handler "killed" in all those units to execute a script that adds the unit to another array of dead soldiers and adds their current weapons and ammo to another array. then you need another script that finds the nearest dead body or ammocrate, (this will probably do the job) and then use

unitname action ["take weapon",vehiclename,0,0,"weaponname"]
or
unitname action ["take magazine",vehiclename,0,0,"magazinename"]

the vehiclename/weaponname/magazinename must come from the arrays you have defined...

as I said it can be done, but you are better off giving them commands or just using addweapon or addmagazine....