Sign in to follow this  
Laqueesha

M203 Grenade Launcher Replacement

I posted this in another thread, but I thought it would be better to post it here.

It turns out that the U.S. military is replacing the M203 grenade launcher with the M320 grenade launcher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M320_grenade_launcher

I'm linking the Wikipedia article below. Hopefully BIS knows about this and will include the M320 into ArmA 2. If they don't, the modding community is there.

Edited by Laqueesha

I don't think it's a biggie if they include the M203 instead of the M320. Replacing weapons in such quantities take time, and there's probably going to be a lot of M203 still in service for quite some time.

Couldn't care less if it was a 203 or 230 for the reasons mentioned above, they should just concentrate on real issues like the sounds. There'll be a 230 released for sure by modders.

Are the USMC even getting the M320?

From what I've read it's a US Army project, which doesn't necessarily mean the USMC will buy it too since their funding and procurement is completely separate.

I don't care if it is the M203 or the M320, just give me something that 'works', can be sighted etc. If anything, I'd rather have an additional MGL with 'ACE sighting' (approx. range) more than I'd want the M320.