Sign in to follow this  
PASTOR

Electronic warfare in Arma2?

I did a search for "radar" on the forum, but didn't get any relevant hits.

If you watch the video for Russia, almost at the beginning of the video there is a radar spinning around. (anyone know what the designation for that radar is?)

I guess it's only eyecandy for the vid, but how cool wouldn't it be if there were an actual working EWS system in the game.

The radar dish is on top of the 9K22 Tunguska self-propelled anti-aircraft gun. As such it is just part of the vehicle and I think it will not give any extra advantage.

Some ArmA 1 addons/mods feature radar jamming and functions.

Maybe this will be added into ArmA 2?

It's the 76N6 Clam Shell radar of a S-300P/SA-10 SAM battery. Which is funny, considering that most of Chernarus is within minimum engagemen range of the system if placed in the center of the map wink_o.gif

Heh yea and having a laptop showing a live cam of a UAV's POV would be nice too. There was an OFP addon that had this, quite awesome. If thats in the game I don't see why radar shouldn't be.

noticed this one after the tank?

Exactly the one you mentioned. Thanks!

Maybe its the new "radio tower" to destroy like in domination/evolution?

Coolest would be if it would work. Show blips on the map. So you had to go in stealth and blow it before sending in the big gang. Also thaught about the MP CTI that comes with AA2. When you eventually earn the money you need to buy it (much cash) then youll dominate a big part of the map as you can see the enemies movements on map. And the enemies have to blow it up to safely move closer again. Maybe only works for PvP though. Dont know if the AI can send in special ops and blow something up lol. For PvP it would be cool though.

Who knows. Could be done with addon otherwise i guess. smile_o.gif

/Alex

if they work, they will be useful against pesky UAVs and Gunships, Maybe even the F-35 (doubt it, in real life)

They could be usefull for a mission in the campaign. For example team razor needs to destroy the EWR for example to clear the sky for friendly air units and there own extraction.

Had some vehicles around it did anyone get an ident on them? Probably it will be totally pointles and won't have any function other than a mission objetive.

Had some vehicles around it did anyone get an ident on them?

Looked like warfare buildings to me.

Probably it will be totally pointles and won't have any function other than a mission objetive.

Well, it will be an awesome mission objective non-the-less.

Would be great if they were really valuable though, so if you lose them you will lose vital information.

Probably it will be totally pointles and won't have any function other than a mission objetive.

Well, it will be an awesome mission objective non-the-less.

Would be great if they were really valuable though, so if you lose them you will lose vital information.

Or you had the facility for intergrated Air defence ala Rockapes system.