Sign in to follow this  
G-LOC

This is

Playing Ghost Recon we have the option to see symbols to positioning the members of my squad.

I think ARMA needs the same system to employ tactics.

Creating reference point around terrain features and buildings will help AI and the players.

I put the symbols and say "this is..." a window. Then the AI will know how to look through, peek to look or shoot, supress the position, etc. The symbols will have other options like "this is" fence, ditch, trench, tree,  bush, prone fire position, etc. Every item will set defensive, offensive and rec tactics for AI.

I´m showing a image with the symbols to drive my squad. The symbols have info to AI know were to search and cover while acting like a team. The lead will crouch and peek to look at the corner. The next will stand and cover the front of the team. The tailgunner will cover the back.

armathisis.jpg

The AI leader can order the squad to advance froam cover to cover wich aid of the reference points setting the best cover while other squad members will supress the enemy.

The players needs a map editor to put this symbols when creating a island.

G-LOC

Missing "complete" addon file... maybe wrong forum? "This is" isnt the best name for such an addon. wink_o.gif

Yeah this belongs in the "ArmA - ADDONS & MODS: DISCUSSION" section of the forum.

It's a fine idea, but really worthless unless you someone has the massive scripting skills to do such a thing assuming its even possible. If it is, then indeed it would be super cool. But honestly I don't think that could be implemented without access to the game engine.

However perhaps more realistic would be to use the existing movement/position command system with added commands. But you'd need to talk to someone like Tony Ranger. The AI in ArmA have a tendency to go "RAMBO" and run off rather then stay in one position ducking behind cover. So I wouldn't have super high expectations of turning ArmA into Ghost Recon.

Sorry to be such a killjoy.

Hopefully someone can prove me wrong.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yep wrong forum but good ideas. I don't think it would work in Arma though as the AI doesn't have the ability for such precise location planting. Arma2 will supposedly have a Micro-AI that is able to navigate by the centimeter- something I have been dreaming about for a long time.