Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK RELEASE V4.0

@Lee,

no problem or misunderstanding whatsoever m8, comparisons are inevitable to happen even though the modders don't like it...

Just to make everything clear, we did note the fm attitude and we will work on that. I wish we had the fm understanding as well as RKSL do, but we are not there yet, and it would be inproper to ask anyone to provide hard earned data. That is the point of doing something entirely on your own. I am sure that RKSL guys would help us had we asked, but it feels disrespectful towards their hard work, and ours for that matter, to do so.

Actually, the only help the modder should get is by...you, the people who honor the addons with their time and bandwith to play with them.

So keep the feedback coming!

Liongreek

HWM Team

wow, first good apache in-game!  thumbs-up.gif

I love it, dunno what more, model with textures or the amazing piloting features.

Well done HMW  notworthy.gif

A must have + ACE mod wink_o.gif

P.S. the external view is kinda strange, but since I love to fly in internal view, that's not a big problem.

Very nice.

May have been said before (did not read through the previous 6 pages)...NEEDS BULLET PROOF GLASS!!

I'm having a problem getting stuck in the TADS optic view. This has happened twice to more than one individual while in the pilot seat. We were on a dedicated server using the Apache with a player in the pilot seat and a player in the gunner seat. As the pilot, I accessed the MFD, brought up the TADS, switched on optics. I had been observing for quite some time through the optics when it just locked up. I tried every key but nothing would respond. I had to disconnect and reconnect to the server.

hello again,

here you can see my Vehicle DM using UKF and HWM addons

As you can it is quite choppy.

Is there a way to disable the effects or at least the destruction

parts laying on the ground to see if that is the FPS issue?

Hi Q. I don't think its the destruction parts. I had a mission on desert terrain where I had 9 empty AH64 helos aligned in a airbase, when I was soldier standing nearby and watching AWAY from the helos my framerates were normal, when I turned to FACE the helos, framerates came down to a "choppy" level.

As said, helos were unmanned I believe 3 of each role models, totalling to 9 helos.

I don't think it can be any script issue as FPS jumped up and down when looking away and into the helos.

To HWM team; Other than this issue and perhaps bit mysterious MFD showing up, the helos and the big picture is great. I'm really enjoying flying the apache and gunning down OPFOR. Good job.

Really nice work guys! It's probably been mentioned before, but it would be nice to see some AH-64D variants, even if the Greek army doesnt actually use them. I can't image there would be that many external differences between the A and D versions.

Have to say excellent work to the HWM team. And Doc E bloody nice job on the MFD...Its amazing what you done I didn't think Arma was able to do that!! .... All we need now is the same effects for Eble's Kiowa hint hint wink_o.gif  ... then we will have a real hunter killer team... Again to all Good Job!! notworthy.gif

I understand it's tuff work to get the tradeoff 'tween quality and the size of things.

You have indeed done a very nice job on the quality side of things.

On the size side of things... As you've chosen to upscale to 2048 textures I would have expected you'd try to aim for having less of them and as such reduce the section count.

This, coupled with the slightly heavier poly count means from my perspective anyway these are more suited as 'hero' pieces.

Which is fine indeed. A couple or 3 on screen at a time should be more than enough for most systems.

Again, they are a top job, a bit heavy on my system, but I'm sure alot of people's rigs will be making these shine.

i like this AH64A alot.

But i seem not to get the laser designator working, need to look in to that better.

And when u fire with tank ammo (MG) at tail rotor, it doenst report tailrotor damage, and when firering  pistols.gif  some more on tailrotor, the MFD brakes? (is not even near tailrotor... whistle.gif )

I also make my ground control mission with this AH64a.

Other, aint it possible to make this a Stand Alone addon? without the other packs?

We are having a real hard time launching hellfires when using player-controlled pilots and gunners. When you're by yourself you can just throw on manual fire and hit the TAB key to lock on to stuff and launch away, its very simple. However, when you have a player-controlled gunner it becomes very, very difficult. We were able to assign and track targets using the pilots camera. We were able to laser designate targets through the pilots camers, but the gunner just doesn't always pick them up. It seems very random. Sometimes he can pick up my laser targets and sometimes he can't. We've tried about everything we can think of and everything in your manual. It should be easy for the gunner to find and lock on to targets being laser designated by the pilot. If there is a trick to it or if you can just explain in detail how you do it, that would be great. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Is it really in RL that ONLY the pilot designates targets with the laser?

I always thought the gunner controls the laser....

Its really bad in SP when you are the Gunner, as you can't fire the Hellfire properly.

Other that that - AWESOME WORK!

Seriously, i'm impressed even after hours of playing.

hey guys, nice work on your apache.

out of my own curiosity, what is the actual poly/tris count as well as section count on the chopper?

Is it really in RL that ONLY the pilot designates targets with the laser?

I always thought the gunner controls the laser....

As far as I know, it's usually done by an OH-58, with the Apaches popping up and down from behind cover to launch at targets that have been picked by the Kiowa.

ok, since we've promissed to reveal the polycount. here it is.

The AH64 is quite BIG poly, BUT, we based the design, on proxies in order to minimize the parts render by the engine at a time, and make it off course loadable in game.

Unfortunately since the model has a lot of details, we've created quite a few maps to get textured and in quite big size cause we wanted the best we could get. And that has as a result quite a few sections.

Although we gave our best to eliminate ST point errors, no planar face errors, nd keep the section count the minimum, still we are quite high.

Also keep in mind, that all the 3 weaponry versions are based on that one p3d.

But anyway.

Here the screens

The 1st O2 screen represents the AH64 as is in game, proxy parts are visible by the triangles

ingame.jpg

The next image represents the WHOLE ah64 combined, no proxies, higher version of cockpit that in the ingame version areavailbale only to pilot view and gunner view and even the missiles.

raw.jpg

You can read polycount/tri count and sections on the bottom, the last image hasn't very meaning since you can't have this polycount drawn at a time, basically cause of the cockpit, which are visible only in 1st person view, for 3rd person view it has been replaced with a simplified proxy of them.

@monty67t: Getting stuck in PNVS mode without exit keys: I have not been able to reproduce that problem yet. I'll have to monitor that one until it can be reproduced reliably.

Possible workaround in the meantime: If you are already in the pilot seat at the start of the mission, then dismount then reboard the chopper to reactivate it's 'get in' event.

(Not sure if this is the reason, but on a dedicated server, it seems the display event handler doesn't initialise properly if the pilot is already on board at the start. This is apparent because the shortcut keys: V,K,B,R don't work until MFD is shown. Either the player doesn't exist at that time or it's executed too early. XEH 1.92 has some new postInit options which may help next time.)

@sgt_savage: Addons: Thanks mate. There are plans to release it as a separate addon (to replace current HMD HUD addon) for any chopper to use. Initially it would be the same version (just for fun) and later, it will have specific versions for AH-1Z and UH-60 and maybe others if I can find specifications for them. Mainly the HUD layouts, HMD's and turning certain features on/off.

@Killg0re: Damage: Good point, the MFD should probably only stop functioning when the "electronics" is damaged. Sub-systems could have a malfunction status message.

Target locks: Arma does not have any scripting command to perform a target lock (eg: for hellfires). When a target is assigned to you, it is simply the recommended target. It is still up to the gunner to use the Next Target (Tab key) or your Lock button (right mouse) to lock on to the target manually. The targeting system would have been totally reworked if some extra scripting commands existed.

Laser target designator locks: The laser designator requires the same lock on technique mentioned above. If an laser target is assigned, it does not mean it is locked on. We'll have to check if there's more to it than just that.

@mr.g-c: CPG laser designator: Correct, the CPG should definitely have primary control of the laser designator. There was some issue with it, so it was not included this time. Not sure whether the pilot could take over control of it from the CPG in RL, but it's probably worth keeping for game purposes.

@BIS: There are also a few bugs with the Arma scripting commands selectWeapon & removeMagazine when the following conditions exist: you are a pilot, are using manual fire, have not had a anyone in CPG seat and playing on a dedicated server, the commands do not function as normal. These bugs fix themselves once a gunner has sat in gunner seat.

Editing:: There is a special global variable called "HWM_DisableMFD". Just set it to true (or any value), if you need to use the chopper with it's normal original Arma functionality for specific missions, especially where fairness is an issue.

Quote[/b] ]@monty67t: Getting stuck in PNVS mode without exit keys: I have not been able to reproduce that problem yet. I'll have to monitor that one until it can be reproduced reliably.

Possible workaround in the meantime: If you are already in the pilot seat at the start of the mission, then dismount then reboard the chopper to reactivate it's 'get in' event.

I had this issue. I was using ACE though, I just figured it was due to some sort of conflict. Maybe there's another AddOn that's causing it. If it happens again I'll bring it up.

This is what I have been seeing lately:

Every time I hit the "sight adjustment" button combo(shift+v) in ACE I get this appearing in the upper left of the screen:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">Error in expression < _i;

_handled = call compile _codeStr;

if (_handled) exitWith {};

};

_handled;>

Error position: <if (_handled) exitWith {};

};

_handled;>

Error if: Type Script, expected Bool

Error in expression <_this call S_KeyDown_Private_KeyDown>

Error position: <_this call S_KeyDown_Private_KeyDown>

Error Type Script, expected Bool

I'm not necessarily sure the new HWM is the cause but I have never seen this error until the other day. I'll play with it some more and let you know what I find.

Other than that, these Apaches are wicked. Once again another superb pack from the HWM crew. You guys never disappoint when it comes to content. These are some quality birds! Thanks for another great pack.

Manzilla, you're not at all alone with that error, man. I started to notice it right away when I did shift+f for the weapon rest. My friend who was playing alone with me the one night noticed the same error message as well appearing. Seems like it only appeared when I downloaded and started to use these Apache's. Might not be them exactly, maybe something else in the other .pbo's we had to download and use as well to be able to use the Apache's--but yeah, I get it a lot too.

@ch_123

The OH-58 can designate targets for the apache, as can units on the ground, but the Apache can do it itself as stated above by Dr_Eyeball.

@Dr_Eyeball

Thanks for the response. It could be an issue with ACE. I was getting the same strange scripting error that some of the other are talking about. I thought it might be because of two different flare systems between your stuff and ACE. Also, we were starting outside of the aircraft.

Is there a way to make the laser more "powerful" so its easier to lock on to?

Anyways, outstanding work. These things are really fun to play with.

Manzilla, you're not at all alone with that error, man. I started to notice it right away when I did shift+f for the weapon rest. My friend who was playing alone with me the one night noticed the same error message as well appearing. Seems like it only appeared when I downloaded and started to use these Apache's. Might not be them exactly, maybe something else in the other .pbo's we had to download and use as well to be able to use the Apache's--but yeah, I get it a lot too.

I can confirm it is the HWM pack v4.0. I just took it out of the Mod folder and started the game up again and I didn't get the message any more while using certain ACE key combos. I'd say it has to do with the display handler but I'm a novice with regards to this sort of thing.

Although I can't say I've seen any negative effect, just the error message. The keys still seem to do as designed.

Some more feedback:

1) Possible to make the custom UA lower prio than the default?

"Open pilot door" vs "Get in ... as Pilot"

2) Please use a different sound to confirm MFD changes.

That arma sounds gives me nightmares. wink_o.gif

3) HUD color could be merged in the IHADSS dialog. 8 colors

should still be enough. smile_o.gif

4) Back Num 0, is really no good choice from briefly playing with

it. Shouldn't the keys stacked together either left or right?

Like backspace or ~ (left of 1)? Or use num 1 - 9 as well.

5) Help menu. In other menus you return to the former, if you

select 1-0 and these are not assigned. Would be nice to be

consistent.

Same for armament dialog.

6) What about having help at 0 in the main menu?

7) Flares are assigned to C no matter what. I have switch

to manual fire here. Maybe you can think of something.

8)

Quote[/b] ]@sk3pt. glass tranpsarency, was an issue, and since

Faces with Alpha channel order, didn't work. We used a flag

"Alpha no Z-Write" for the material. In order to diasable the

Z-Buffer for the glasses. But probably, this is the cost we have

to pay unfortunately since the grey parts, like pilots are

proxies. So it's not your card.

Sorry I don't understand the technical stuff here.

So there is no way to avoid the problem?

What is the other issue if you are not using that flag?

As you are much in 1st seeing the glass, it disturbs the nice

look a lot and often.

9) Could you make PvP versions without weapon lock.

For ATGM use the system in ACE.

10) What about zoom in/out for Radar WD?

11) They grey lines in the white UI are quite hard to see in

various conditions. Why not make it white-white?

12) TADS accessible via 3 as important and far better to reach?

13) Possible to make camera movable via mouse in optics mode?

14) Use LMB to lock and RMB unlock in optics mode?

15) Bug? If you have locked something in optics, and lock

something else via radar WD, and press TAB to focus the camera

will jump to the initial center pos instead of moving from

the current selected to the newly one.

16) Use PG Up/Down during optics mode to change coloring.

17) Reorder TADS to:

1) TADS OFF

2) NV Low

3) NV High

4) FLIR

5) B&W FLIR

6) Filter FLIR

7) Tracking

8) RGB

9) Optics

0) Config

18) What about a low section count (low poly) var of one/all

models in addition?

Would give people the option to use them also in bigger numbers

/ more vehicles scenarios.

Maybe dropping 1st(and 2nd) LOD is feasible and "only" texture

rework is needed.

I don't expect A2 too change much if at all in that regard.

So would be kind of you to consider this.

Again outstanding addition. Looking forward to the updates smile_o.gif

Excellent pack! Resurrected a couple missions I was making with the last version, really enjoying it. One thing I have noticed is the armour of the 1A4. I don't know how good a tank it is but it can only take 1 hit from a T72 and the crew bail. While it seems to take more than one hit from a 1A4 to knock out a T72. Surely the 1A4 is more than capable of going toe to toe with a T72? It would be better if it was able to take a hit or two without the crew bailing.

nice helicopter  wink_o.gif  (but how did you get the 32k faces model to work in game? my game wont render things more than 20k)