Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK RELEASE V4.0

Good job with the Apaches, really great new features and (training) missions and pdf documentation too!! smile_o.gif

Hope you can find time to give those Apaches a little more weight. The flight feeling now is more like flying with an upgraded AH-6.

Sounds need some improvements too, louder, stronger and of course typicall for all things eg. engine sounds, weapon sounds.

Constuctive critisism is welcomed but I can't understand any critisism beyond game engine ...

Its not really beyond the game engine, RKSL has done a very good job tweaking the arma-FM. See if you can get in touch with him for some help?

Really, really incredible work on this one! The whole MFD system is truly fantastic and it is awesome to see with the bare eye how many FFARs are left when inspecting the helicopter from the outside.

Only got one real complaint, and that's the non-bulletproof canopy. One round from my M4 and I had killed the gunner.

Best aviaton-addon released to date! Grand work!

Very nice addon. I see alot of potential in this smile_o.gif

Minor flaw about the IHADSS. The altimeter bar on the right should go from 0 to 60 meters (200ft), not 0 to 200 meters.

The purpose is to give the pilot a quick impression of his altitude during low-level flight.

Any chance we get to set the monocle colour all the way down to 0%?

Guys i also thank you on my behalf for all your good comments, we glad you like it cause this is the only reward for many hours of work of our team and off coarse of all the other people that helped us in this project.

@Inkompetent, glasses are sad story.We did the best we could reinforcing them with the alternative to be non braking ones, so you see the dilemma on it.

Last, for the flight model i totally agree with Liongreek and the rest of the team.Be sure that it will never feel like the real one cause the game is not a flight sim.

I am sure that if this is not good enough for lets say 50% of people and we change it, then the other 50% who might like it will then say it is not really agile in comparison to this or that.

Everybody have their point of view on it and it is respected all the way but please don't try to compare especially when there is no "true" absolute helicopter to comparison with.

Be sure that if there was such a thing this addon would follow it's specific set of rules.

Steady aim and clear skies to all...ehhh well i am not sure the second is the best wish to give to a pilot of attack heli

After 6hour flight testing i have to say awesome work i like the agility of hwm apache. only thing is the field of view from the outside, but i get used to it.

i like it how it is now.

Constuctive critisism is welcomed but I can't understand any critisism beyond game engine ...

Its not really beyond the game engine, RKSL has done a very good job tweaking the arma-FM. See if you can get in touch with him for some help?

@andersson ... this is not going for you only m8.

So ....

Personally I can accept any kind of critisism about our work.

The only thing I can't accept is any comparison with addons made by other addon makers !!

Many of you, in every HWM release, keep pointing us to get in touch with RKSL ...

I respect RKSL as any other addon maker but I don't have to get in touch with anybody.

Please bare in mind that in HWM we are not trying to "win" any "competition" against any other addon maker.

We are working hard in order to produce some quality addons (as community says) and every time we are trying to improove our skill through this hard work.

....As I said ... I'm open to any critisism and thank you all for any remarks so far ... but ... please stay focused on this.

Now regarding so far mentioned issues... please be sure that we will do our best to have them fixed as soon as possible.

To elaborate on Aplion's post, we are really trying hard to learn how stuff works, and for us it is trial and error. I do not think it is appropriate to incorporate somebody else's hard work in ours. As with any addon maker we are trying to be as creative and original as can be.

RKSL have done a great job with their addons. As stated before, it has been one of my favorites. I can understand the good nature of comments by people saying that we should seek help by them in that matter, but keep in mind that by doing this is like asking a fusion of the best parts of both addons. Ideal, but not feasible.

So keep telling us what you don't like, give us a description on how would you see it different. Rest asure that we are already over the drawing board looking at things to change...

...and pls do not forget that we are neither getting paid nor are we game developers, so elaborate requests are difficult to honor...

Liongreek

HWM Team

The only thing need to complain is FOV in pilot seat. It's look strange and to far to instrument panel and when look outside with TrackIR the FOV is too narrow and bit twisted. But gunner side looks good.

Then the other thing is good.  biggrin_o.gif

You don't need to use the RKSL system and it doesn't needed - only needs to more tweak the flight model , i know ArmA is not flysim ,but your Apache need feel more "anger" and more heavier

Empty weight: 11,387 lb (5,165 kg)

Loaded weight: 18,000 lb (8,000 kg)

Something like mix of Ah-1Z and UH-60 flight models

smile_o.gif

Minor flaw about the IHADSS. The altimeter bar on the right should go from 0 to 60 meters (200ft), not 0 to 200 meters.

The purpose is to give the pilot a quick impression of his altitude during low-level flight.

Is the US one in meters? I just wasnt sure since we choose to use feet and inches instead of the much simpler metric system.

Is the US one in meters? I just wasnt sure since we choose to use feet and inches instead of the much simpler metric system.

No, they use feet. That bar tops at 200 feet in the real Apache. In this addon the bar tops at 200 meters. I'm guessing it was simply an oversight.

200 feet equals roughly 60 meters.

@Shadow

Oh ok, I thought you meant it should be in meters instead of feet. But what you're saying is it reads 200 meters and should be 200 feet.

@Shadow

Oh ok, I thought you meant it should be in meters instead of feet. But what you're saying is it reads 200 meters and should be 200 feet.

The bar scales to 200 meters but should scale to 60 meters because thats the same as 200 feet which is how it works in real Apaches.

Afaik all aircraft use the Feet/Knot system. At least all the commercial aircraft do and i doubt that military aircraft would use anything different, since the air traffic controller would tell you altitudes in feet.

Has anyone gotten ACE's tracers to work with these kick ass Apache's? If so, could someone please let me know what to put in the class section in the tracers config file to get them working? Thanks in advance! smile_o.gif

Great addon !  I can't imagine all the hard work behind such an addon.  The overall agility (roll rate etc...) is not far from reality imo, but it doesn't seem to lose much altitude though...

Some weird issue with the canopy glass (on my ATI 2900XT) :

9rj3hl.jpg

b706yb.jpg

Barrel roll

Thanks a lot !  biggrin_o.gif

Thanks monty67t, so the stabilator does move as to what angle the Apache is in. Guess I'm used to the ArmA animations.

GD Mast

That's a stringtaable issue. I'm afraid since you're using a non english Version, you're going to have this problem. We can release stringtables for every language. But i don't know when.

Sounds like an incorrectly written stringtable to me. Possibly because you listed languages at the top of the stringtable without adding entries for those languages.

Simply deleting them at the top should fix that and make the game revert to an English string for languages that are not listed.

Just a guess though. Haven't looked myself.

WOW this chopper adds SO MUCH to the game experiance :P very nice.

Thank you!

This might have been said, but I am crunched for time and running out the door smile_o.gif

The flare systems activated by the ® key, is client side. I.E: My gunner nor anyone else could see me shooting the flares off, they could see flares deploying from the helicopter, but no sound nor light coming from them.

Hope that helps,

dcb

@sk3pt. glass tranpsarency, was an issue, and since Faces with Alpha channel order, didn't work. We used a flag "Alpha no Z-Write" for the material. In order to diasable the Z-Buffer for the glasses. But probably, this is the cost we have to pay unfortunately since the grey parts, like pilots are proxies. So it's not your card.

@Maddmat. Correct that could be a fix that can everyone do. Since the problem is located at HWM_Air, by unpboing it and deleting the header names for every language except english, could fix the "editor blank name s issue". I'm afraid though that the new pbo would have a not much signature.

@Shadow: The 200ft/m altitude scale was an oversight, since it has a benefit as you stated. The actual digital display readouts are supposed to use different units too, but are simplified for game purposes.

I'm not sure if you would want to allow the monocle shade colour to be adjusted to 0%. I would figure it needs some colour for the reflective effect to work in RL, so wouldn't be realistic.

@dcb: Confirmed, player launched flare effects are local to the client. A.I. flare effects seem to work ok though.

We will look at improving or correcting these issues next time around.

I think, there was some misunderstanding. wink_o.gif

- I did not want you to make a flight simulator from arma.

- I did not compare your addons with RKSL one, it was a tip to take a look how it "feels" to fly their lynx.

- I did not say: "Apache can't do rolls and loops!!!1!"

If you watch the youtube videos posted by sk3pt you see that rolls and loops are very well planned flight manouvers.

At the moment in arma, it's no danger to do rolls, because it's to easy to make them. You sometimes even not loosing height doing them.

Loopings are harder to do with your apache and feel more realistic.

Compare my video with the youtube ones.

http://lee.plankton.ch/Apache.wmv (right click save as..)

---

Thanks for listen to the players, you are doing a great job HWM Team!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif