Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

HWM ADDONS PACK RELEASE V4.0

Regarding FLIR system .... Please read the manual ... that is why it is there for.

Thanks.

That's a stringtaable issue. I'm afraid since you're using a non english Version, you're going to have this problem. We can release stringtables for every language. But i don't know when.

congratulations to the release! excellent visual quality and scripting, there are some nice systems in the apache.

unfortunately, i'm not really impressed by the handling characteristics of the chopper. imo it seriously lacks "weight", especially if compared to the excellent RKSL/EricM helos and the "patched" stock ones (the heinbloed helicopter addon iirc). i admit that i have no real idea how hard it is to change the fm of helicopters in ArmA, but imo it would be good to give them a little more weight and make the handling a little less responsive.

thanks for your great work!

thanks 4 the feedback, much appreciated..

as 4 fm in ArmA, well, you can imagine the restrictions, as the game is not Flight Simulator or, even better, BlackShark. I know what you mean for EricM helos, especially the Hind has been my fav for a long time. Bear in mind though that the Hind is a gunship, it even has a limited team carrying capability, and as such it is quite heavier than the Apache...

Based on that, and other aspects of helo depiction, we tried to make the Ah-64A a bit more...agile, shall we say. But, as Sparky pointed out, we can only do so much...

As always we are open to suggestions, so it will be looked into in due time.

Thanks again

Liongreek,

HWM Team

william 1 i had the smae problem u need teh helnic addon 1st and then add the files from the @HWM_other and ull b good...

the camera angle from the pilot to view the chopper really sucks its soo far and if u need 2 zoom it it will b 2 long other than that its soo lovely

the camera angle from the pilot to view the chopper  really sucks its soo far and if u need 2 zoom it it will b 2 long other than that its soo lovely

well, a matter of opinion there m8, I quite like the new angle, with my TIR4 it does have a nice view of the pit...

now, as for functionality, we'll have to wait and see a few missions to check it I guess...

...anyone up for it btw? biggrin_o.gif

I'm a little confused by the HWM Air downloads. In order to use ver. 2.0 (UH-1Hs), I also need the Core, Weapons, and Men addons for it to work?

@liongreek:

i totally understand what your saying. and i'm glad that you have taken my words exactly as they were ment: constructive criticism. as i said, i'm not really aware of the problems you encounter while creating the fm for arma. i once tried to change the BIS ka-50 fm after reading the explanations by RockofSL regarding the subject, but failed miserably... banghead.gif

imo, your apache handling a little less agile and having more "weight" than the stock cobra could be a nice target, but no sweat.

@XSparky:

let me just repeat that i'm really stunned by the work you guys have put in this helicopter. the scripted systems and especially the weapon proxies are ace! i hope you didn't get my words the wrong way.

keep up the great work!

@liongreek:

i totally understand what your saying. and i'm glad that you have taken my words exactly as they were ment: constructive criticism. as i said, i'm not really aware of the problems you encounter while creating the fm for arma. i once tried to change the BIS ka-50 fm after reading the explanations by RockofSL regarding the subject, but failed miserably... banghead.gif

imo, your apache handling a little less agile and having more "weight" than the stock cobra could be a nice target, but no sweat.

@XSparky:

let me just repeat that i'm really stunned by the work you guys have put in this helicopter. the scripted systems and especially the weapon proxies are ace! i hope you didn't get my words the wrong way.

keep up the great work!

no offence taken man, you were crystal clear and that's the kind of critisism we aim for. As a flight sim entusiast myself, I'd love to see the chopper handle the right way...

We will keep experimenting as much as we can!

Again thanks for the comments and...keep them coming!!

very nice addon totally like it and ready to test more.

BUT

the FOV is really to much. i like it more to be standart with trackir4 so i really can go close to the instruments.

is there a posibillty to change the fov. that would be very nice. just standart fov wink_o.gif

you made so nice instruments they work and than put the view so far away sad_o.gif

exept of this i am so happy.

Big thanks for all your hard work!

But I have to say, that I'm not happy with the AH-64. sad_o.gif

The "no names" in the editor isn't really a problem, you can add just one and take a look what it is.

The real problem for me is the flight characteristics.

The Apache feels totally wrong, you can make siderolls, loopings, etc. like it is an vehicle for air stunts or something.

This, for me, totally destroys the fun of flying this helicopter.

It looks like this:

gunship.jpg

But it feels like this:

gunship_rc.jpg

-----

Sorry for my "bad comments", but I really think it's something that is needed to be worked on.

MfG Lee sad_o.gif

@Lee,

Actually, the Apache being the most agile and manoeuverable attack helicopter in the world, it CAN do loopings and siderolls...lots of videos on youtube on this, check it out.

Once again, you are expecting too much from a helicopter designed in a game primarily made as a spinoff of a infantry training module. We are not Bohemia Interactive, we cannot manipulate the game engine to expand the game to realistically depict flight simulator aspects. Everything in this game vehicle-wise was created to post a threat to an infantry squad, no provisions were made to give a real feeling with the machinery...I can do loopings with the Black Hawk as well, unfortunately...

Given that, we sincerely regret we cannot provide an accurate flight model, or any behaviour model for that matter. ArmA does not handle flight models, it handles gravity points and there's not much someone can do about it.

As for FOV, since it has been already noted, we will give it a second look...

Siderolls, yes, but not at ~50m height.

You should really talk to people like RKSL Mod about the flight system. Try their Lynx and you will see.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Siderolls, yes, but not at ~50m height.

You should really talk to people like RKSL Mod about the flight system. Try their Lynx and you will see.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Duly noted. As Sparky has pointed out a an earlier post, we didn't have the chance or manpower to check all aspects, but feedback is feedback, so we'll see what we can do.

Liongreek

HWM Team

About Flight characteristics ... probably some guys here confuse Microsoft Flight Simulator with Armed Assault smile_o.gif

In any case any addon maker has his own point of view so ... its your choice !!

Constuctive critisism is welcomed but I can't understand any critisism beyond game engine ...

Therefore ... don't ever try compare two women ... there are both beautifull in their way ... smile_o.gif

Regards

Aplion can u in the future change the camera angle from the pilot when u play the game and wanna c it from outside view its soo far and wont zoom good other than that the ah64 is amzing though the mfd is really hard and confusing wish it was simpler but what can i say its amazing and many thanks 2 teh team smile_o.gif

Hey guys, awesome job with the Apache. The working MFD and everything that goes with it is genius! The ability to change the colors and filters in both TADS and IHADSS is wonderful. Congrats on a nice release.

My only complaint is that the Apache (especially the US version) is not available as a standalone addon. Now my squad is going to have to download and install a ton of stuff that we will never use just to get the US version of the Apache.

Gonna agree totally with monty on the addons aspect. ACE is massive on its own, plus throw in the addons your particular squad needs on top of that (since ACE isn't modular) and now have to download additional things some squads won't ever need. Space start's racking up, unfortunately--though I admit the cam net function, smoke popping effect/sound and being able to stand up and shoot out of the m113's top are all very awesome features.

However, regardless of that little nitpick (your mod so your call of course smile_o.gif ).....you guys did one hell of an incredible job on these choppers guys. All the functions, the overall quality, etc....just--wow. You can really see a LOT was put into this. You guys certainly have my respect and then some. Fantastic job, guys! notworthy.gifnotworthy.gifnotworthy.gif

Truely a beautiful model of the AH-64A "Apache".  I did find 1 small error.  On the US AH-64A, the tail rotors spin the wrong way.  You can see this at start-up.  I haven't tried the HWM or RACS AH-64's yet but I'm guessing the tail rotors spin the wrong way too.  Also the tail wing moves with the pitch of the helo,  looks strange too me but I haven't seen how the tail surface moves in real life.  I also don't like the inside/outside field of view (too far away).  Maybe in the next version, you can make a selection where we can choose what view.  Overall... I'm very happy with your AH-64's.  thumbs-up.gif

GD Mast

[edit]- To me the tailrotor blades blur effect is off. datakill was able to get the correct blur effect on his Mi-28N "Havoc".

Truely a beautiful model of the AH-64A "Apache".  I did find 1 small error.  On the US AH-64A, the tail rotors spin the wrong way.  You can see this at start-up.  I haven't tried the HWM or RACS AH-64's yet but I'm guessing the tail rotors spin the wrong way too.  Also the tail wing moves with the pitch of the helo,  looks strange too me but I haven't seen how the tail surface moves in real life.  I also don't like the inside/outside field of view (too far away).  Maybe in the next version, you can make a selection where we can choose what view.  Overall... I'm very happy with your AH-64's.  thumbs-up.gif

GD Mast

[edit]- To me the tailrotor blades blur effect is off.  datakill was able to get the correct blur effect on his Mi-28N "Havoc".

The "tail wing" (its called a stabilator) is supposed to move automatically based on what the aircraft is doing. In the blackhawk you could manually slew it as well.

Drat monty67t beat me to it.

Glad to see you guys have released and I hope that perhaps you make a Delta version in the future, but first you have to tweak some pilots to have the IHADSS helmets :P

But seriously excellent work.

Would be good if you could put different names for Racs and US apaches in the editor. When choosing them from empty side there is 6 apaches, always 2 multi roles, close supports etc. and I never remember which one is which. And I'm lazy.

Adding simple (Racs) to the Racs apache name would make life easier.

Great quality chopper.  smile_o.gif

Would be good if you could put different names for Racs and US apaches in the editor. When choosing them from empty side there is 6 apaches, always 2 multi roles, close supports etc. and I never remember which one is which. And I'm lazy.

Adding simple (Racs) to the Racs apache name would make life easier.

Great quality chopper.  smile_o.gif

It seems we were lazy too...good call, minor detail but annoying nevertheless smile_o.gif

@xnodunitx

yes, a -D is in our plans, actually we contemplated making a dual release, but we haven't been able to present an acceptable electronics suite. It would be like we released two helis with differences in modeling but with the same capabilities. So, the Longbow remains on the shelf until we incorporate functions that truly honor its design.

@GD

actually, as with all choppers in ArmA, the main rotor turns counterclockwise. Check it on yr editor. If the Apache is meant to be different, I really could not find sth relevant on the net, so pls let us know if you do and we'll add it to the list.

---edited---oh you meant the TAIL rotor...right on that one, it needs fixing. Good call.---edited---

Liongreek

HWM Team