Sign in to follow this  
Sandmeister

first person view /head wobble in latest trailer

Imho the shakycam from the trailers looked really cool. It shouldn't be a problem to make it adjustable, should it? I always wanted a bit more of the shakycam thing while running in ArmA. I thought a bit more would be more realistic, it might be just me running like shit in rl though:)

Nah, jk, I'm fast as a cheetah.

shakycam could easily be a script made for recording.

would be interesting if a game could get the cam to keep whatever the player is looking at central while the camera shakes, would definitely make driving a motorbike much less painful (in ARMA you can barely see where you are going)

....there will be such a option for Head-Bop/wobble in the settings of A2.....

Don't ask me where i heard that....  whistle.gif  icon_rolleyes.gif  tounge2.gif  biggrin_o.gif

Quoting myself again so you guys get it

whistle.gifwhistle.gif

I don't really think the effect was obtained with TrackIR, I can't imagine someone shaking his head in order to achieve such effect... I rather believe it is ingame.

We shall see. I can see Dslyxci doing something like that to help make a good video. Did you guys forget his "300" video, already?

when the dude went upside down in the trailer, didn't his point of view go upside down as well? I don't remember this in arma.

Wow, umm didn't anyone see what mr.g-c said? lol....you can turn it off....I think the head-bobble feature is nice, i mean its not like its going to randomly bobble when your walking out on Patrol, it might when you start running away from the gunfire though...

I like the headbob, I have no problems with simulation sickness, so I'll keep it on, and from what I learned, yes, your vision do get blurry when you're moving fast.

Definitely, I'm all for:

Shaky cam while sprinting (less when jogging/running)

Shaking in vehicles (driving in a HMMWV through a paddock)

Shaking due to weapons + effects (explosions etc)

Motion blur (the way it is is PERFECT!wink_o.gif

Leaning when leaning (camera actually tilts)

And anything I have forgotten.

sure, the camera wouldn't shake all that much when running, but when SPRINTING (which I'm led to believe is an "all-out" sort of thing) it should definitely shake.

Immersion all the way, though maybe have an option for all the "I don't like boats" sort of people.

Edit: Though I certainly don't think using these sort of effects just because you can is a good idea, shaking when the view wouldn't shake is rediculous, like reloading in FC2, which was all like "hucha!! Yeah, a clip in the gun! Hurah!! Urgh (jittering of camera to make it seem like a herculean task)"

I can say I love it. Gives me this sort of feeling that you're not looking through a camera tha hovers over the ground.

However I can see how it could cause motion sickness to some people. So with that in mind I'd make it possible to turn it off.

A problem exist with head shake as I see it, so I would most likely turn if off or down. The game needs to run extremely smoothly so that fps is high enough, not really possible with ArmA1.

Driving a motorcycle in rugged terrain will naturally cause your head to bump around, but the brain will 'compensate', like a 'shock absorber' in your neck, and the observed effect is less than you would expect (but not absent). In ArmA1, driving a motorcycle in basically any terrain, is damn near impossible without switching to 3rd person. Mostly because fps can't really keep up, and no 'neck shock absorbers' to dampen the effect.

shaky-cam doesn't have anything common with track-iR. Even in arma1 when you run it's shakes just a bit. I think shaky-cam is the best invent ever made in 3d shooter games. Definitely should be made!Adjustable, like an option doesn't matter.I want to have it in arma2 it will completely change game experience!! I can imagine how a lie in a grass and roll under the fire, how I trying to run to nearest bush, how I helping to my injured team mate drag him off , while it's shaking like a real head OMG smile_o.gif

In Gears of War, when you sprint does that make some people feel ill? I ask because there might be a way of doing it so that it is more natural. I like the idea of a shaky-cam, but obviously if it makes the game unplayable for some, it shouldn't be forced.

I become really sick of such movements... couldn't play MirrorsEdge for example...

Definitely, I'm all for:

Shaking in vehicles (driving in a HMMWV through a paddock)

When you look early OFP videos this feature was there and it looked cool. I think they should add this for ArmA 2.

I'm so sick of the "train-track" feel of ArmA, like Oblivion and Morrowind, is there a poll for this somewhere?

Quote[/b] ]In Gears of War, when you sprint does that make some people feel ill? I ask because there might be a way of doing it so that it is more natural. I like the idea of a shaky-cam, but obviously if it makes the game unplayable for some, it shouldn't be forced.

Agree

may seem like a cool feature, but realistically when I walk/run my eyes track steady... unless I am full of beer.

Hooray, Head Bob/Wobble/Camera Shaking  is there!!From this time arma2 is my dream game!! Looks amazing real! yay.gif

Hooray, Head Bob/Wobble/Camera Shaking  is there!!From this time arma2 is my dream game!! Looks amazing real!  yay.gif

I find shakycam distracting from the actual game.

Imagine you're running, and you get shot, just because you couldn't distinquishe a guy far away, because shakycam affected your concentration. (Crysis).

I am all for small shake, but shakycam known from Arma 2 vids is way over-the-top, distracting from the scenery.

Imagine you're running, and you get shot, just because you couldn't distinquishe a guy far away, because shakycam affected your concentration. (Crysis).

I am all for small shake, but shakycam known from Arma 2 vids is way over-the-top, distracting from the scenery.

So turn it off then, problem solved wink_o.gif

But, what about multiplayer :O It's still optional?

Quote[/b] ]Imagine you're running, and you get shot, just because you couldn't distinquishe a guy far away, because shakycam affected your concentration.

Imagine you're running, and you get shot in real life- that will be same wink_o.gif

But, what about multiplayer :O It's still optional?

It's optional to join a server lol whistle.gif

Quote[/b] ]Imagine you're running, and you get shot, just because you couldn't distinquishe a guy far away, because shakycam affected your concentration.

Imagine you're running, and you get shot in real life- that will be same wink_o.gif

no it wouldn't be same, I can see normally while running :P

I don't feel blur nor shake during running, never. In game another layer of blur is like two layers of concentrations - your eyes plus artificial shake blur.

Shakycam might sound sexy, or look sexy for few good seconds, maybe minutes, but after a while you just want to get rid out of it.

when you are running and stressed up you will miss stuff or see slightly blurry.

Have you ever tried to run somewhere and thinking on 3 stuff at the same time and watched the watch and then forgot instantly what the time was, and check the watch again? tounge2.gif