Sign in to follow this  
Kerry

Ask A the last known position of B

Hi, me again.

I was wondering if anybody could help me with a script.

I would like there to be an action on only specific civilians, in which you can ask if they have seen a unit (say T1), and if they have, then a marker would appear on the map revealing the current position of T1, but would not update after that. Also, the action can only be used 1 time per unit.

Sometimes the civis can say "No, havent seen him", or "Yes,blah blah blah"( in local chat).

Or even better,

have the position be reaveled to the Blufor, only if a Civ has seen the unit T1 in person.

Thanks for your time!

any help will be apreciated.

afaik it's not possible to aks last know position, but an approach coud be done asking for the knowsAbout, and if greater or equal than 1 then place a marker with some randomness proportional to the level of knowsAbout, being 1 the less they can know and 4 reporting the exact position. I know that's not what u're asking for but is the only way I know to do something similar.

PD: I just remembered someone suggested that the command 'getHideFrom' could return the suspected enemy position. Haven't tested it myself, but u could try to order your informers to getHideFrom the enemy and contrast the returning value with the real position.