Sign in to follow this  
meatshield

Need help with editing warfare

Hello,

I'm trying (without much luck) to edit the newest WACO (117) warfare to included different units, weapons, vechicles etc, however i'm not haveing much luck at all.

Firstly, I've managed to get the starting troops changed useing the editor in arma, however the RASC and Opfor troops are unchanged. Is that because i havent changed all the troops in the barracks config?

Next thing, i'm a bit confused about how to change troops in the barracks config.  

a defult entry is:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_v = _v + ["WATSOLDIER"]

_u = _u + ["ACE_SoldierWAT"]

_d = _d + [Localize "STR_DN_AT_SOLDIER"]

_c = _c + [200]

_t = _t + [7]

_p = _p + [7]

_i = _i + ["\Ca\characters\data\Ico\i_null_CA.paa"]

now if i'm following things right, the _v is the name in the teams menu whilst in arma, _u is the unit in the addon, but what on earth is _d ? do i just leave that as is or does it need changeing??

Next is the loadouts, for some reason when i start the mission only 2 people have guns, and i get the nice big error box show top left (are they saved somewhere so you can actually read the thing?). I changed the loadout things in the Functions folder so that a different gun was used.

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

_unit AddMagazine "30rnd_556x45_stanag";

_unit AddWeapon "ukf_l85a2";

_unit SelectWeapon "ukf_l85a2";

Also is there anyway to remove structures?? I tried deleteing the one i wanted gone from the Config_Structures.sqs, is there anything else i need to do or is it that easy??

Also is it possible to remove/change the rasc vechicles? and for a nice finishing touch, any way to change the flag from US to british?

Also, how do you find out what a unit is called? Most of the stuff i want to use has all that in the readme file, however a couple dont, i've unpacked the pbos but dont really know what i'm looking for  huh.gif

Thanks in advance

the _d is the description or text that appears in the menu to purchase the unit. normally the names are looke dup in the base arma list, but you can easily replace with "AT soldier" etc within the [] brackets.

The only way i know how to find out a unit name is to create a basic mission in the editor and load the units into it that you want. save this file and them open its mission.sqm file. the units pre-positioned on the map will be in there.

As for the other stuff, beyond my very limited abilities.

Regards

Gnrnr